Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 9. (Read 1339 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
May 19, 2022, 03:58:54 PM
In the first game of the Final Four, Anadolu Efes and Olympiacos played against each other. Even though the game was played in a neutral location in Belgrad, Olympiacos were like they played in their home court. I think that Olympiacos supporters deserve to be celebrated. Larkin and Bryant helped Anadolu Efes stay in the game until the last quarter. Even though he played badly until then, Micic who was the MVP of last season managed to carry the team to the final by a buzzer-beater.
Micic, what a clutch player. It wasn't easy game for him, but in decisive moment he took responsibility, after in 2nd half Larkin was completely stopped. Amazing semifinal, but honestly, I expected something similar. And that Ataman's smile after game, simply priceless Cheesy.
In other semifinal Barca lead by 11 at halftime. Mirotic is pplaying like MVP is supposed to play, Lapravittola is solid too. But I don't think that it's over, Real missed some open 3-pointers, they can't to continue missing for whole game.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
May 19, 2022, 03:48:43 PM
In the first game of the Final Four, Anadolu Efes and Olympiacos played against each other. Even though the game was played in a neutral location in Belgrad, Olympiacos were like they played in their home court. I think that Olympiacos supporters deserve to be celebrated. Larkin and Bryant helped Anadolu Efes stay in the game until the last quarter. Even though he played badly until then, Micic who was the MVP of last season managed to carry the team to the final by a buzzer-beater.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 19, 2022, 11:56:15 AM
On paper Efes is better team than Olympiacos, but I don't see them having any advantage.  Oly will have huge support from fans in Belgrade. But my money is on Efes.
Barcelona this season won all their games against Real and few of it were easy. But in late part of season Real started to look better, so Barca isn't that big favorite.
I really wish to see repeat of last season final Efes - Barca.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
May 19, 2022, 07:05:36 AM
Today the Final Four games are starting. First, Olympiacos Piraeus vs Anadolu Efes Istanbul. And the second game is Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Barcelona had a very good season that they finished at the top and Nikola Mirotic is the season MVP. They seem like the favourite against Real Madrid in my opinion. On the other game, 6th regular season spot and last champion Efes Pilsen had a good playoffs run after the struggling regular season. They kept most the players from last year like Micic, Larkin and Pleiss. Against the second best team in the regular season, Olympiacos Piraeus, I think they will have a hard game. It is up to the experience at this point. Olympiacos Piraeus have also great players who had a great season like Printezis, Sloukas, Vezenkov. Especially the first game will be quite enjoyable to watch.

Barcelona looks like a favorite even in bookmakers' estimates for the title:

Barcelona 2.60

Anadolu Ephesus 3.75

Olympiacos Piraeus 4.70

Real Madrid 4.75

Ephesus is rated a little better than Olympiacos, probably because of the status, but it seems to me that in fact their chances are equal. Real outsider. Most likely, the chances in the Barcelona-Real pair will not change, but in the Ephesus-Olympiacos pair, I expect that after a couple of games the quotes will become equal.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
May 19, 2022, 06:44:02 AM
Today the Final Four games are starting. First, Olympiacos Piraeus vs Anadolu Efes Istanbul. And the second game is Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Barcelona had a very good season that they finished at the top and Nikola Mirotic is the season MVP. They seem like the favourite against Real Madrid in my opinion. On the other game, 6th regular season spot and last champion Efes Pilsen had a good playoffs run after the struggling regular season. They kept most the players from last year like Micic, Larkin and Pleiss. Against the second best team in the regular season, Olympiacos Piraeus, I think they will have a hard game. It is up to the experience at this point. Olympiacos Piraeus have also great players who had a great season like Printezis, Sloukas, Vezenkov. Especially the first game will be quite enjoyable to watch.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 02, 2022, 06:25:10 PM
Yes, Bayern Munich made a big surprise already and if they managed to get the series, it will be really really huge. In the last game, they stopped Barça at 52 points for the whole game. That was really impressive. It can be argued that it is because Barça's poor performance but I want to give credit to Bayern. Compare to Bayern and especially budget-wise, it would be a no match between the size of the two teams. So, really big respect to Bayern. Although winning the series seem like a hard nut to crack for them.

On the other hand, Real indeed had any problem against Maccabi at all. Which I found quite surprising. Maccabi is Maccabi and they are almost always very strong in the euroleague. Real had relatively very easy series against them.
These low scoring, defensive games between Barca and Bayern isn't that eye-catching to watch, especially after switching from Monaco - Olympiacos games.But so far it worked for Bayern. Barca is favorites still, but their players might be under pressure, nobody didn't expected that 5 games will be needed.
For Maccabi best what they could achieve was winning one game, butthey were far from it. After all, they reached playoffs after long break. I think they never reached it in current competition format when all teams play each other.
May 02, 2022, 04:51:53 PM
Anadolu Efes had a terrible regular season after being the champions last year but in the playoffs they were surprisingly good and after defeating Armani Milan 3-1, they qualified for the Final Four. It is not rather surprising actually because they have a good team and two big stars, after their regular season results I don't think anyone was expecting this. It is of course still questionable how successful they can be in the Final Four but as the last champions, we can still expect a success from them.
It's not something new - Efes had bad start of regular season, but eventually they started to play well and reached Final 4. What is surprising that Barca struggling against Bayern, we will have Game 5 tomorrow. Bayern on paper isn't something special, they don't have big names in their roster. If they will eliminate Barca, it will be huge sensation.
Monaco - Olympiacos is another series which reached game 5. Games between these teams is great to watch and even Kevin Durant liked it. He was in game 4 and planning to attend Game 5 to support former teammate Mike James.
Meanwhile Real didn't had any problems against Maccabi and won 3:0.
Yes, Bayern Munich made a big surprise already and if they managed to get the series, it will be really really huge. In the last game, they stopped Barça at 52 points for the whole game. That was really impressive. It can be argued that it is because Barça's poor performance but I want to give credit to Bayern. Compare to Bayern and especially budget-wise, it would be a no match between the size of the two teams. So, really big respect to Bayern. Although winning the series seem like a hard nut to crack for them.

On the other hand, Real indeed had any problem against Maccabi at all. Which I found quite surprising. Maccabi is Maccabi and they are almost always very strong in the euroleague. Real had relatively very easy series against them.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 300
May 02, 2022, 04:28:27 PM
I really admire the efforts of Bayern Munich and Monaco both against Barcelona and Olympiacos now. Both of the series are tied 2-2 now. And in two days, the last teams of final four are going to be decided. I wonder whether we will see a surprise here. And Anadolu Efes have shown such a great effort until reaching final four. I wasn't even sure about whether they were going to finish the regular season in top 8. But they have done much better so far. And as a Turkish supporter, I would like to see Anadolu Efes making it to the finale at least too.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 02, 2022, 03:38:32 PM
Anadolu Efes had a terrible regular season after being the champions last year but in the playoffs they were surprisingly good and after defeating Armani Milan 3-1, they qualified for the Final Four. It is not rather surprising actually because they have a good team and two big stars, after their regular season results I don't think anyone was expecting this. It is of course still questionable how successful they can be in the Final Four but as the last champions, we can still expect a success from them.
It's not something new - Efes had bad start of regular season, but eventually they started to play well and reached Final 4. What is surprising that Barca struggling against Bayern, we will have Game 5 tomorrow. Bayern on paper isn't something special, they don't have big names in their roster. If they will eliminate Barca, it will be huge sensation.
Monaco - Olympiacos is another series which reached game 5. Games between these teams is great to watch and even Kevin Durant liked it. He was in game 4 and planning to attend Game 5 to support former teammate Mike James.
Meanwhile Real didn't had any problems against Maccabi and won 3:0.
May 02, 2022, 03:57:46 AM
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
January 06, 2022, 02:01:20 PM
And last game of round between Olimpia and Zenit got postponed too. Now some teams haven't played Euroleague game for almost month. With so many postponements, I'm not sure how they will find new dates for games. Probably we will have many double weeks where all teams will play 2 games.

Barcelona and Real Madrid have been the most impressive teams so far as they both lost only for three times. They are the biggest candidates of the title this season. However, we never know what happens in the playoffs. For example, CSKA Moscow have been the most surprising team so far to me as they lost too many games. But who knows, maybe they will show a wonderful performance in the playoffs and even win the title.

For me Barca looks most solid and stable team so far and I think they're main contender to win title.
CSKA and current champions Anadolu Efes looks disappointing, but it's not first time when first part of season isn't good for them.
And Unics is biggest surprise. Before season I saw them fighting for 8-10 places, but now they look capable to reach Final Four.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 402
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
January 06, 2022, 05:06:47 AM
Covid-19 has affected the Euroleague in a very bad way. I see so many teams that missed one or more games in the season. In Round 18, only four games were playable. These games and results were like this:

And the fixture in Round 19 is like this:

But there are already so many games postponed on this week. Actually, all of the games has been postponed except the game between Olimpia Milano and Zenit.

And the current look of the standings is like this:

Barcelona and Real Madrid have been the most impressive teams so far as they both lost only for three times. They are the biggest candidates of the title this season. However, we never know what happens in the playoffs. For example, CSKA Moscow have been the most surprising team so far to me as they lost too many games. But who knows, maybe they will show a wonderful performance in the playoffs and even win the title.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
October 28, 2021, 07:29:39 PM
Today Barca got first defeat this season. Maccabi beat them 85:68 at home. Even their win is surprise, don't even talk about that they won by big margin.
Fenerbahche is extremely unlucky this week. First they lost to Barca after Mirotic buzzer-beater, today their former player Sloukas killed them in last seconds.
Double week will end with 5 games on Friday and Monaco - CSKA looks most interesting from these.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
October 26, 2021, 07:48:22 PM
In past we already had topic about Euroleague, unfortunately it wasn't popular. I hope this time things will be better.
Fenerbahche - Barcelona was a great game. Barca won thanks to Mirotic difficult buzzer-beater and now they are only team undefeated.

Efes and Panathinaikos started pretty bad, they only won one match and Zalgiris is the only team that don't have a win yet. I don't know if Olimpia Milano continue their performance but I'm pretty sure we will see Barcelona, Olympiakos and CSKA Moscow in Final Four this season.
In previous seasons Efes also had slow start, but later they turned into big force. I think something similar will happen this year.
Panathinaikos don't have playoff quality squad, their result isn't surprising for me. Agree about Barca and CSKA, not so sure about Olympiakos. There will be quite a lot teams who potential to reach playoffs - Olimpia, Maccabi, Efes. Even Baskonia, Zenit or Monaco have potential for it.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
October 26, 2021, 05:52:53 PM
Today Barcelona won in last ball. I didn't know Devin Booker is in Türkiye now, that's a good addition for Beko. They still hold Vesely and Guduric, these guys usually carry the team. Barcelona is way better this season though, they have Mirotic, Calathes and Higgins. Although I still don't understand why they got Sertaç Şanlı, he started but only played seven minutes.
Barcelona is 6-0 now. Olimpia Milano is following them with 5-1. Efes and Panathinaikos started pretty bad, they only won one match and Zalgiris is the only team that don't have a win yet. I don't know if Olimpia Milano continue their performance but I'm pretty sure we will see Barcelona, Olympiakos and CSKA Moscow in Final Four this season.
October 08, 2021, 06:27:21 PM
And we have the results of the remaining games today also:

Anadolu Efes - CSKA Moscow game was just the game of the night. It was a very high-scoring game and I really liked to watch it. CSKA Moscow were in Istanbul without two of their star players. But even without them, they managed to get a very tough win by 100-96. Late in the third quarter of the game, CSKA Moscow were leading by 16 points. But still, the last champions Anadolu Efes made a huge comeback and dropped the point gap a lot. If they didn't make a mistake in the last moments, maybe they would win. But the game was really exciting in especially in the last quarter. Anadolu Efes played their first two games against the favourites of this tournament and lost both of them unfortunately. But I believe that they will bounce back from this in the coming games.
October 07, 2021, 07:09:15 PM
The first games have been played and the full results are like this:

I think that the game of the day was absolutely Panathinaikos - Fenerbahce. It ended by a very close margin and the last moments were incredibly exciting and amazing. Panathinaikos were 5 points behind while there were 40 seconds left to the end. Everyone started thinking that Fenerbahce were going to keep the gap at a decent level and win the game. But Panathinaikos made an insane comeback. Thanks to the unsportsmanlike fouls, they started a 9-0 series by free-throws and managed to win the game by 91-87 too. What a game!
October 07, 2021, 07:28:17 AM

Hello guys. I have realized that there is no topic about the current season of the Euroleague. And as a big fan of the tournament, I wanted to open the topic.  Grin  I'm expecting your support and contribution to the topic to discuss everything about the Euroleague.

The last champions in the tournament were: Anadolu Efes

The 2022 Final Four is going to be held in Berlin.

The current standings after the round 1 is like this:

And the full results of the first week are like this:

In the first round, the most attracting game for me was Real Madrid - Anadolu Efes. I remember the awesome series between these teams in the quarter final of last season. Anadolu Efes managed to eliminate them by 3-2 in total. This was a revenge game for Real Madrid and they got a decent win by 82-69. The last champions Anadolu Efes must be unpleased with the result but I believe that they will gather themselves up.

The next games in the round 2 are:

I see that another awesome game is waiting for us which is Anadolu Efes - CSKA Moscow. CSKA also lost their first game to Olimpia Milano. So, these teams both will be very eager to win. As a result, I believe that we will watch a highly competitive game and my favourite to win is Anadolu Efes by a close gap.
Pages:
Jump to: