Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 5. (Read 1339 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 08, 2023, 07:24:19 PM
Rytas?
Yes  Cool. We played in Euroleague in past, had some good seasons, but now it's not best times of club, despite that we won Lithuanian league last season after more than decade break.

There are so many probabilities that can happen on the final week in the Euroleague. Even Fenerbahce which are at the 5th position now could stay out of play-off area. However I think we will finish the regular season at the 5th position by winning against Crvena zvezda away. Partizan have really become a scary team under Obradovic's management that nobody would like to have a matchup against.

[]

Source: @ismailsenol(twitter)
Thanks for sharing it, very interesting stuff. Last regular season round will be very exciting to follow with so many possible scenarios.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
April 08, 2023, 10:36:31 AM
There are so many probabilities that can happen on the final week in the Euroleague. Even Fenerbahce which are at the 5th position now could stay out of play-off area. However I think we will finish the regular season at the 5th position by winning against Crvena zvezda away. Partizan have really become a scary team under Obradovic's management that nobody would like to have a matchup against.

Source: @ismailsenol(twitter)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 08, 2023, 05:49:40 AM
~snip
@casperBGD, congrats with Partizan win and reaching playoffs after long break. This game is one of reasons why i love Euroleague. THAT Punter 3-pointer.
BTW, surprised to see Nole supporting Partizan, I laways thought that he is Crvena Zvezda fan Smiley.

big win last night, it was an all-round interesting match, we were first down, then up, but had to settle for a narrow victory, yeah, on Punter 3-pointer wings
Djoko is Zvezda fan, but he lives in Monaco, and he said I support Partizan whenever they do not play Crvena Zvezda

overall, after this, Partizan could end-up playing Monaco again in play-off

Thanks for greetings, but Zalgiris really isn't my team
~snip

Rytas?
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 07, 2023, 03:30:29 PM
congrats on a big win, as much as this is crossing our own ambitions for top8, I would like to see Zalgiris at F4, since it is in their arena
Monaco is probably only way to end up on F4, and Maccabi loss opened that opponent for all (5-8) top8 contenders, depend on last round results, and tonight match between Partizan and Monaco
Thanks for greetings, but Zalgiris really isn't my team, I follow Euroleague more like neutral spectator. I support their main rivals in domestic league, but despite that I don't like Zalgiris at all, I would like to see them in F4 at home - there is maybe only chance in 20 years to have such event.

Ergin Ataman is one of the most interesting characters of Euroleague. The things he did against Barcelona in the last years also were bizarre. Now, they couldn't qualify for the play offs and he manages to pull something like this from his pockets. Just unnecessary stuff. I like his coaching generally and I'm an Efes fan but he should just shut up and only focus on basketball. At least he took the whole blame for this year's terrible result.

The most fun to watch team this year is Partizan IMO. Obradović, fans and connection between players and the fans are great. Players like Mathias Lessort and his interactions with the fans are just making this league better.
Couldn't agree more about Ataman. You can love him or hate, but Euroleague wouldn't be that entertaining without him. But yeah, terrible Efes result is his responsibility and it's interesting what will be his future.
Yeah, Partizan games is always interesting to watch, especially when they play at home. And Lessort already become most beloved player of Partizan fans. Baskonia is fun to watch too, yesterday's result is best example of it. They're playing fast, a bit wild basketball and nothing surprising that they're highest scoring Euroleague team.

@casperBGD, congrats with Partizan win and reaching playoffs after long break. This game is one of reasons why i love Euroleague. THAT Punter 3-pointer.
BTW, surprised to see Nole supporting Partizan, I laways thought that he is Crvena Zvezda fan Smiley.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
April 07, 2023, 03:03:26 PM
Zalgiris won drama aganst Maccabi 68-67. There was such huge tension in this game and low final result describes it. Maccabi had chance to win game in last attack, Baldwin made got shot, but missed it. But on attack before Maccabi failed to score with multiple attempts that they had.
Efes now offcially eliminated after loss to Fenerbahche. Efes season in a nutshell - they conceded over 100 points in crucial game. Ataman left game before it ended and no - he didn't got ejected https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1644062318676922392
Baskonia is leading against ASVEL at halftime, but it's close game.

I can say comfortably that I'm very happy with this result as a Fenerbahçe fan. Anadolu Efes which are the champions of last 2 seasons are out of play-off now and this would be unforgettable for years. The incidents happened at the end of the match didn't surprise me at all as Ergin Ataman and Fenerbahçe fans hate each other. I don't assume Ataman will continue with Anadolu Efes next season. This win was very important for Fenerbahçe for the 5th position. I don't think Fenerbahçe have much chance against the other teams except Monaco.
Ergin Ataman is one of the most interesting characters of Euroleague. The things he did against Barcelona in the last years also were bizarre. Now, they couldn't qualify for the play offs and he manages to pull something like this from his pockets. Just unnecessary stuff. I like his coaching generally and I'm an Efes fan but he should just shut up and only focus on basketball. At least he took the whole blame for this year's terrible result.

The most fun to watch team this year is Partizan IMO. Obradović, fans and connection between players and the fans are great. Players like Mathias Lessort and his interactions with the fans are just making this league better.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 07, 2023, 05:34:43 AM
Zalgiris won drama aganst Maccabi 68-67. There was such huge tension in this game and low final result describes it. Maccabi had chance to win game in last attack, Baldwin made got shot, but missed it. But on attack before Maccabi failed to score with multiple attempts that they had.
~snip

congrats on a big win, as much as this is crossing our own ambitions for top8, I would like to see Zalgiris at F4, since it is in their arena
Monaco is probably only way to end up on F4, and Maccabi loss opened that opponent for all (5-8) top8 contenders, depend on last round results, and tonight match between Partizan and Monaco

~snip
Partizan now needs a win in next two matches to secure the top 8.

will one win be enough, in case all other teams win all their matches? didn't look at direct scores, and what is decision factor in case of several teams with same numbers (wins/loses)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
April 07, 2023, 04:24:04 AM
Efes now offcially eliminated after loss to Fenerbahche. Efes season in a nutshell - they conceded over 100 points in crucial game. Ataman left game before it ended and no - he didn't got ejected https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1644062318676922392

I can say comfortably that I'm very happy with this result as a Fenerbahçe fan. Anadolu Efes which are the champions of last 2 seasons are out of play-off now and this would be unforgettable for years. The incidents happened at the end of the match didn't surprise me at all as Ergin Ataman and Fenerbahçe fans hate each other. I don't assume Ataman will continue with Anadolu Efes next season. This win was very important for Fenerbahçe for the 5th position. I don't think Fenerbahçe have much chance against the other teams except Monaco.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1023
Cashback 15%
April 06, 2023, 04:57:36 PM

Zalgiris with a big win that still gives them hope for top 8 also Baskonia destroyed Asvel in the second half and i never seen so many points in the euroleague game. Baskonia defeated 120-100 ,220 points in 40 minutes of play is insane for european basketball. Partizan now needs a win in next two matches to secure the top 8.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 06, 2023, 04:04:23 PM
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 06, 2023, 03:02:15 AM
~snip
And it's must win game for both teams. Fenerbahche still can't be confident about their place in Top 8. And seems that bookmakers aren't giving signficant advantage to any of teams. But if I would have to pick, I'd go with Fenerbahche win.
Also, another crucial game is Zalgiris - Maccabi, must win for Zalgiris. Big factor that Zalgiris play at home where they lost just 4 games out of 16.
Baskonia facing ASVEL at home, shouldn't be difficult.

big matches tonight, Fenerbahce is in better position than Efes, but lose tonight could cost them top8 position in the end
Zalgiris will have tough job against Maccabi, although Maccabi already qualified for top8, and bookies are taking that into consideration, lowering odds on Zalgiris (Maccabi has six wins in a row in EL, and 11 wins in a row in all competitions, so I would be careful around this bet, and fifth position is getting you Monaco for F4 fight, probably easier than Barca, Real or Olympiakos), Baskonia should win easily

Partizan is waiting on sidelines to see what will happen tonight, playing tomorrow against Monaco
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 05, 2023, 06:25:30 PM
There is a Turkish derby in the Euro League on Thursday. Fenerbahce will host Anadolu Efes, the champion of the last 2 years, at home. Fenerbahçe is the favorite of the match, but it is still not clear. Ephesus has been out of shape lately. He also suffered interesting defeats in the Turkish League. If Efes loses the match, this year's Euroleague adventure will come to an end. Because the top 8 will have lost their chances.
And it's must win game for both teams. Fenerbahche still can't be confident about their place in Top 8. And seems that bookmakers aren't giving signficant advantage to any of teams. But if I would have to pick, I'd go with Fenerbahche win.
Also, another crucial game is Zalgiris - Maccabi, must win for Zalgiris. Big factor that Zalgiris play at home where they lost just 4 games out of 16.
Baskonia facing ASVEL at home, shouldn't be difficult.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
April 05, 2023, 04:48:51 PM
There is a Turkish derby in the Euro League on Thursday. Fenerbahce will host Anadolu Efes, the champion of the last 2 years, at home. Fenerbahçe is the favorite of the match, but it is still not clear. Ephesus has been out of shape lately. He also suffered interesting defeats in the Turkish League. If Efes loses the match, this year's Euroleague adventure will come to an end. Because the top 8 will have lost their chances.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 01, 2023, 03:48:49 AM
@casperBGD, congrats with amazing win of Partizan against Real. Scoring 104 points against Real is serious statement. With 2 games remaining now you still can catch not just Fener, but Maccabi too.
~snip

still not over, but this was a great win
expected that 18 wins will be enough to qualify, but it seems that 19 could also fail to secure top8

Zalgiris also end-up winning, Baskonia as well

next round is really important one, we are playing away against Monaco, Zalgiris have a match against Maccabi, and Baskonia has easiest schedule against Lyon
Efes is IMO already out, and playing Fenerbahce

last round, Baskonia is visiting Olympiakos, and that is our chance
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
March 31, 2023, 07:33:54 PM
@casperBGD, congrats with amazing win of Partizan against Real. Scoring 104 points against Real is serious statement. With 2 games remaining now you still can catch not just Fener, but Maccabi too.
Baskonia simply destroyed Fenerbahche in 4th quarter by winning it 32:11. It was difficult to see it coming, it looked that game will have close end.
Zalgiris ended with another win this week by beating Valencia. But they didn't received gifts from direct competitors and now they can stay without Top 8 even if they will win both remaining games.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 29, 2023, 04:31:32 AM
~snip
Olimpia looked hot recently, it made sense to bet on them, but Efes won big.
~snip
Barcelona won against Partizan at full Stark arena, maybe difference between teams isn't big, but basically Barca had game under control.

yeah, didn't expected this easy to be for Efes, but they won it easily and with a big difference, still in the loop

we tried to fight Barca, good support at our arena, but Barca had it, and it looked from the beginning that they will win it in the end, key point was at beginning of second half, when they made it to +10, and after that Partizan didn't succeed to close the difference (there was a moment when it looked possible, but lasted too short to mention it)

onwards to Real, still think that one win from last three should be enough to qualify

good luck tonight against Monaco
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
March 28, 2023, 06:09:30 PM
Efes is playing Olimpia tonight, who loses can wave adio to top8, winner can fight till the end (especially if Olimpia win, which @2.35 is a value pick tonight, IMO)
Zalgiris is having a tough one this week against Monaco, Baskonia should win easily against Alba
Olimpia looked hot recently, it made sense to bet on them, but Efes won big. Few weeks ago I already said that Efes is eliminated, but they still have chances. While Baskonia win against Alba wasn't easy at all. Alba is on the bottom, they fight for nothing, so, it seems that now they decided to try to ruin season for teams that fight for Top 8 Cheesy.
Barcelona won against Partizan at full Stark arena, maybe difference between teams isn't big, but basically Barca had game under control.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 28, 2023, 04:13:00 AM
~snip
After this win Partizan is in really comfortable situation. Now they have upcoming double round against Barca and Real, both at home. If they will win one of these games, it will be good result I think.

agree, one win this week, and we are almost secured in top8
but, it is a spanish combo, Real and Barca, and it is hard as hell to win some, decision week at its best

~snip
For now it seems that last spot in Top 8 will be decided between Baskonia and Zalgiris. Interesting moment that both teams have 3 of 4 remaining games at home. For Efes there is still chances remaining, but it's complicated and I don't believe in them.
Milan is doing amazing things recently, they're just 1 win away from Top 8, it's incredible how arrival of Shabazz Napier changed team. But I think that they started too late.

Efes is playing Olimpia tonight, who loses can wave adio to top8, winner can fight till the end (especially if Olimpia win, which @2.35 is a value pick tonight, IMO)
Zalgiris is having a tough one this week against Monaco, Baskonia should win easily against Alba
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
March 26, 2023, 04:51:48 PM
not sure about Olympiakos, but Partizan was on top form in first half, and it was almost decided at half time, second half was close, but we finished it in proper manner
maybe theye were not pushing due to already qualifiying, but important win for us

now two wins above top8 border
After this win Partizan is in really comfortable situation. Now they have upcoming double round against Barca and Real, both at home. If they will win one of these games, it will be good result I think. For now it seems that last spot in Top 8 will be decided between Baskonia and Zalgiris. Interesting moment that both teams have 3 of 4 remaining games at home. For Efes there is still chances remaining, but it's complicated and I don't believe in them.
Milan is doing amazing things recently, they're just 1 win away from Top 8, it's incredible how arrival of Shabazz Napier changed team. But I think that they started too late.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 25, 2023, 04:57:00 AM
-snip
About Partizan - Oly, I think it's 50/50 game, but yeah, it's possible may be a bit relaxed with spot in playoffs

not sure about Olympiakos, but Partizan was on top form in first half, and it was almost decided at half time, second half was close, but we finished it in proper manner
maybe theye were not pushing due to already qualifiying, but important win for us

now two wins above top8 border
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
March 23, 2023, 04:52:46 PM
By beating Baskonia Crvena Zvezda really made big favour for main rival Partizan and other teams in fight for Top 8. Though, I would be a bit sad if Baskonia won't get into playoffs.
About Partizan - Oly, I think it's 50/50 game, but yeah, it's possible may be a bit relaxed with spot in playoffs
Tomorrow there is game between Fenerbahche and Zalgiris. It's must win game for Zalgiris, but bookmakers are sceptical about their chances
Alba - Efes is very close game. Sikma put back dunk eliminates back-to-back champions from playoff race. Really strange last Efes attack, with so little time remaining only option should be catch and shoot.
Pages:
Jump to: