Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 4. (Read 1339 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
April 25, 2023, 03:19:34 AM
Euroleague last 8 matches start today. Monaco is playing Maccabi at home and Monaco is the favorite of the match. The hosts have been victorious in the matches played between them in the last two years. Monaco will most likely win the game. In the other game of the day, Real Madrid will host Partizan. Real Madrid is close to winning the match with its field advantage, but Partizan can surprise. Even if Partizan falls behind in matches, they never quit the match. After all, they have coach Obradovic. Everything is expected from the team of a coach who has won the most trophies in the Euroleague.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
April 22, 2023, 04:06:20 PM
I don't think that Fenerbahçe can qualify for final-four. However I think we won't lose to Olympiacos in Istanbul. I think the Real Madrid - Partizan series is going to be the most enjoyable one for basketball lovers. Besides I'm very curious about how Šarūnas Jasikevičius will perform as a coach against Zalgiris as well.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 22, 2023, 03:48:53 PM
~snip
Also i think my Partizan will give Real Madrid a hard time and if somehow makes a break and wins in Madrid i think Partizan can go to the final four. We all know good Partizan crowd is and that no body can win easily there

winning one match in Madrid could be crucial, but it will be hard as hell, although not impossible
Partizan won over Buducnost in ABA league, and secured top spot for play-off, so now can fully concentrate on Real, that is not in particularly great form atm, and that is our chance
nevertheless, our chances are slim, but would not say non-existing, to kick-them out and qualify for F4
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1023
Cashback 15%
April 22, 2023, 02:47:33 PM
Real is IMO better choice for us than Barca, but I would put our chances between 20-25%, not more than that

Monaco and Maccabi is looking at five matches, Olympiakos will probably finish series in four, same as Barca and Real, hoping to see different outcome dough

Maccabi and Partizan have best form in second part of the season, if that counts
More or less agree with your predictions. I doubt that we will see series that it will end 3:0. Monaco - Maccabi should be very interesting, both teams is fun to watch, not going to predict something here. Oly is heavy favorite, but Fener can win 1 game I think. Real - Partizan, wouldn't be very surprised if all 5 games will be needed, but Real probably will win. Zalgiris recent record with Barcelona isn't bad, but seems that Barca now is in good form, they dominated in recent El Clasico against Real in ACB league.
Monaco and Maccabi will fight hard and i think we will see 4-5 games for sure in them. Also i think my Partizan will give Real Madrid a hard time and if somehow makes a break and wins in Madrid i think Partizan can go to the final four. We all know good Partizan crowd is and that no body can win easily there
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 22, 2023, 02:02:54 PM
Real is IMO better choice for us than Barca, but I would put our chances between 20-25%, not more than that

Monaco and Maccabi is looking at five matches, Olympiakos will probably finish series in four, same as Barca and Real, hoping to see different outcome dough

Maccabi and Partizan have best form in second part of the season, if that counts
More or less agree with your predictions. I doubt that we will see series that it will end 3:0. Monaco - Maccabi should be very interesting, both teams is fun to watch, not going to predict something here. Oly is heavy favorite, but Fener can win 1 game I think. Real - Partizan, wouldn't be very surprised if all 5 games will be needed, but Real probably will win. Zalgiris recent record with Barcelona isn't bad, but seems that Barca now is in good form, they dominated in recent El Clasico against Real in ACB league.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 16, 2023, 11:05:39 AM
-snip
Playoff bracket is full now:

legendary
April 14, 2023, 05:32:34 PM
The regular season in the Euroleague has been quite competitive this season. The biggest surprise has been Anadolu Efes' not being able to qualify for playoffs. Because they are the champions of the recent two seasons. As for the playoff matchups I don't think Monaco can qualify for final four although they have court advantage. Mike James is harming Monaco's team chemistry.

I don't think Fenerbahce which I'm a supporter of have a chance against Olympiacos unfortunately. I hope I become wrong about this.
April 14, 2023, 05:20:57 PM
Matches are clear. Olimpiakos-Fenerbahçe matched. The clear favorite is Olympiacos. Maybe they can sweep Fenerbahçe with 3-0. Barça matched with Zalgiris. It was an interesting matchup for Sarunas and Barça eliminated Zalgirisi. I think Real Madrid and Partizan were a critical match. Even if Real is the favorite on paper, the result is open to any score. Between Monaco and Maccabi, Maccabi seems to pass this round. It looks like a fight between two equal teams. It is a fact that no team that finished the regular season at the top could become the champion. We will wait and see if Olympiacos will change this situation.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 14, 2023, 05:01:21 PM
Zalgiris become last team which jumped into playoffs. But it already looked that something similar like Tel Aviv 2004 tragedy will repeat again. Zalgiris had 10 points lead with 2 minutes remaining and then they let Bayern to make comeback. After all, Zalgiris players didn't missed free-throws in the end and won game. This result eliminates Baskonia.
Partizan won against Pao just after overtime. It was meaningless games for Bayern or Partizan, but it looked like it's do or die games for them.
Playoff bracket is full now:

Source https://twitter.com/EuroLeague/status/1646977211386216449
Saras with Barcelona is going to face his former team Zalgiris, sounds like epic pair. And yeah, Maccabi - Monaco sounds like most likely to be 5 games series.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 14, 2023, 12:58:43 PM
-snip
Maccabi won against Real in overtime, Baskonia lost to Oly. These results means that Fenerbahche is already in Top 8 and Baskonia will be eliminated if Zalgiris will win tomorrow. Zalgiris can finish 7th if they will win their game against Bayern and Partizan will beat Bayern. And we already know one playoff pair - Monaco - Maccabi.

we will probably beat PAO, although I have a handicap bet on PAO, not sure what good for us is to lose that one, maybe Real is easier rival than Barca

Maccabi and Monaco smells like 5 matches, but I think that Maccabi is closer to F4 spot
all other teams are underdogs against top3, and will need a full effort without blanks to see Zalgirio arena
legendary
Cashback 15%
April 14, 2023, 12:53:06 PM
Zvezda fought for us till the end, and won in overtime, this is opening the way for Partizan to get position 5 in case Maccabi lose as well, and it is all open there, equal match at the end of 3rd quarter
Olympiakos is winning over Baskonia, so Zalgiris will probably close out to be top8 team as well

top4 have home advantage, but overall I expect really interesting matches for F4, pity that we could end-up to play Barca, that proved as most difficult rival for us during season
Maccabi won against Real in overtime, Baskonia lost to Oly. These results means that Fenerbahche is already in Top 8 and Baskonia will be eliminated if Zalgiris will win tomorrow. Zalgiris can finish 7th if they will win their game against Bayern and Partizan will beat Bayern. And we already know one playoff pair - Monaco - Maccabi.
Agree that playoffs should be exciting. IIRC, last 2 seasons when P1 faced P8 all 5 games were needed. I think we can expect similar things and I hope to see more 5 games series.

Well some of the matches are known . I was hoping that Real Madrid would beat Maccabi so that Partizan can go on Monaco but Maccabi beated Real Madrid somehow in overtime and mostly we know the outcomes in the top 8. Fenerbahce got lucky that Baskonia lost .
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 13, 2023, 06:23:36 PM
Zvezda fought for us till the end, and won in overtime, this is opening the way for Partizan to get position 5 in case Maccabi lose as well, and it is all open there, equal match at the end of 3rd quarter
Olympiakos is winning over Baskonia, so Zalgiris will probably close out to be top8 team as well

top4 have home advantage, but overall I expect really interesting matches for F4, pity that we could end-up to play Barca, that proved as most difficult rival for us during season
Agree that playoffs should be exciting. IIRC, last 2 seasons when P1 faced P8 all 5 games were needed. I think we can expect similar things and I hope to see more 5 games series.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 13, 2023, 03:43:30 PM
~snip
Crvena Zvezda - Fenerbahche, I'm going with Fener win here. It's basically meaningless game for zvezda. Yeah, they can ruin situation for Partizan a bit, but we don't talk about eliminating them, so, I don't think that's big factor enough that could lead them to win.

legendary
Cashback 15%
April 13, 2023, 02:12:13 PM
Fenerbahce, which has been leading the scoreboard for a long time, faced the danger of being left out of the play-offs today. Because right now, it is in the 5th place on the scoreboard with 19 wins. If Fenerbahce wins their match (Red Stars away, I think it's very difficult) they will be in the last 8 without looking at their opponent. If he loses, he will wait for Baskonia and Zalgiris to lose their away games. If Baskonia and Zalgiris win their matches, Fenerbahçe will be eliminated from the play-offs. I hope Fenerbahçe, which I am a fan of, does not upset me.

Watching the match currently and Crvena zvezda is slightly better then Fenerbahce and now in the third quarter its a tie. So a really close game between these two teams. Fenerbahce needs to do better if they want to beat Crvena Zvezda in this match
April 13, 2023, 12:37:30 PM
Fenerbahce, which has been leading the scoreboard for a long time, faced the danger of being left out of the play-offs today. Because right now, it is in the 5th place on the scoreboard with 19 wins. If Fenerbahce wins their match (Red Stars away, I think it's very difficult) they will be in the last 8 without looking at their opponent. If he loses, he will wait for Baskonia and Zalgiris to lose their away games. If Baskonia and Zalgiris win their matches, Fenerbahçe will be eliminated from the play-offs. I hope Fenerbahçe, which I am a fan of, does not upset me.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 12, 2023, 06:44:28 PM
It's a bit strange that Euroleague not to make games of final rounds on the same time. Now some games that matters will be played not only on different time, but also in different days.
Olympiacos - Baskonia. Do or die game for Baskonia, while for Oly win would let them to become winners of regular season. But there is one little detail - since 2016/17 when new tournament format got introduced, regular season winners never won Euroleague. While bookmakers don't have much doubts about Oly win - just 1.30 for it.
Crvena Zvezda - Fenerbahche, I'm going with Fener win here. It's basically meaningless game for zvezda. Yeah, they can ruin situation for Partizan a bit, but we don't talk about eliminating them, so, I don't think that's big factor enough that could lead them to win.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 11, 2023, 08:56:47 AM
~snip
Playing away in Belgrad has always been very difficult for Euroleague teams. As Crvena zvezda don't have any chance left I don't think this away match will be very difficult for Fenerbahçe this time. However especially this season there have been many surprising results therefore one shouldn't talk certain.

Zvezda playing in Partizan favor is not an everyday situation as well, rivalry between teams is a bit high
looking at form, Partizan could have a chance to pass, if they finish fifth, and yeah Maccabi and Fenerbahce have their own chances, but obviously much harder matches than Partizan

Baskonia is in toughest position, Olympiakos also does not have much to play for, but I don't expect them to lose that one
Zalgiris @1.33 on an away match puts bet on Bayern handicap as good option for this round betting, not saying Zalgiris is not going to win, but their away score is pretty low
legendary
April 10, 2023, 01:12:56 PM
~snip
Yes  Cool. We played in Euroleague in past, had some good seasons, but now it's not best times of club, despite that we won Lithuanian league last season after more than decade break.

I remember that we played a lot in the past (we had almost a decade without EL before this season, as well)

There are so many probabilities that can happen on the final week in the Euroleague. Even Fenerbahce which are at the 5th position now could stay out of play-off area. However I think we will finish the regular season at the 5th position by winning against Crvena zvezda away. Partizan have really become a scary team under Obradovic's management that nobody would like to have a matchup against.

hopping for those options seeing us on position 5
Zvezda will probably lose match against Fenerbahce, agree, but hoping to see different outcome, Monaco is easiest way to end-up on F4, all other options are pretty tough to win away match
Well I'm not sure at Fenerbache win since it's not easy to win in Belgrade. Things can open for Partizan to be fifth and then they would be favorites against Monaco. Having Zvezda-Fener and Macabi-Real makes that a option. Let's see what happens.

Playing away in Belgrad has always been very difficult for Euroleague teams. As Crvena zvezda don't have any chance left I don't think this away match will be very difficult for Fenerbahçe this time. However especially this season there have been many surprising results therefore one shouldn't talk certain.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 162
April 10, 2023, 04:51:21 AM
~snip
Yes  Cool. We played in Euroleague in past, had some good seasons, but now it's not best times of club, despite that we won Lithuanian league last season after more than decade break.

I remember that we played a lot in the past (we had almost a decade without EL before this season, as well)

There are so many probabilities that can happen on the final week in the Euroleague. Even Fenerbahce which are at the 5th position now could stay out of play-off area. However I think we will finish the regular season at the 5th position by winning against Crvena zvezda away. Partizan have really become a scary team under Obradovic's management that nobody would like to have a matchup against.

Zvezda will probably lose match against Fenerbahce, agree, but hoping to see different outcome, Monaco is easiest way to end-up on F4, all other options are pretty tough to win away match
Well I'm not sure at Fenerbache win since it's not easy to win in Belgrade. Things can open for Partizan to be fifth and then they would be favorites against Monaco. Having Zvezda-Fener and Macabi-Real makes that a option. Let's see what happens.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 10, 2023, 04:33:21 AM
~snip
Yes  Cool. We played in Euroleague in past, had some good seasons, but now it's not best times of club, despite that we won Lithuanian league last season after more than decade break.

Pages:
Jump to: