Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 3. (Read 1339 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 28, 2023, 05:43:58 PM
Fenerbahche surprised me by winning in Piraeus, especially after they lost 1st quarter 24:10. Maybe I understimated Fener too much...
Barcelona - Zalgiris, as I predicted, it was more close game than first one. Looking at stats, none of teams din't had significant advantages today, Zalgiris played good game, but it's not enough to win against Barca when they have such quality players.

shame on Euroleague
Lull started all shit, and did not get any punishment for that, and Partizan lost best players for third match and Punter for fourth match as well (chances are we will have to play fourth match without main players in third match)
and why the hell Punter got bigger punishment than Lessort? seems that Real is pushed to get back their position after this, although they started whole thing
I can understand why Llull didn't got punished. He got unsportsmanlike foul initially for what he done to Punter, but later he haven't done anything basically, he just watched conflict. But yeah, I don't understand decision to give different penalties. Punter haven't done something more than Lessort or Deck to get bigger penalty and now he will miss semifinal if Partizan will win Game 3. It would be more fair to ban all them for 1 game, except Yabusele obviously. Real exit this situation as winners, they haven't lost key players, unlike Partizan and it's likely that Tavares will return for Game 3. Only positive thing for Partizan that Exum didn't got serious injury.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
April 28, 2023, 04:45:45 PM
Fenerbahce defeated Olimpiakos 78-82 away and took the field advantage. It is a fact that Olimpiakos is a very effective team on the road as well. If Fenerbahçe wants to become the Euroleague champion, it has to eliminate Olimpiakos. If Olympiacos is eliminated, the statistics will not surprise again. Because no team that finished the Euroleague groups as the leader became the champion.
Barcelona beat Zalgiris 89-81 at home, making the situation 2-0. Lithuania will also step into the Barça Final Four in a possible Barcelona win.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
April 28, 2023, 03:37:09 PM

After Fenerbahçe scored only 10 points in the first quarter I bet on this because of thinking that they would show some reaction in the second quarter. Especially in the second quarter Edwards' 3-pointers helped Fenerbahçe become a part of the game again. However I think we have a very difficult job in the 2nd half.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1023
Cashback 15%
April 28, 2023, 02:38:35 PM
~snip
The punishments are in. Lessort 1 match ban, Punter 2 match ban from Partizan. From Real Madrid Yabousele 5 match ban and Deck 1 match ban.

shame on Euroleague
Lull started all shit, and did not get any punishment for that, and Partizan lost best players for third match and Punter for fourth match as well (chances are we will have to play fourth match without main players in third match)
and why the hell Punter got bigger punishment than Lessort? seems that Real is pushed to get back their position after this, although they started whole thing

Well the only thing im intrested is if Partizan win the third game will Punter be able to play in the semi final or not. He is our best player and in third game Partizan might play without three players. Punter and Lessort are the best plus Exum if injured might be the third best player that wont play. Even with home advantage it will be rough to win
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 28, 2023, 02:35:56 PM
~snip
The punishments are in. Lessort 1 match ban, Punter 2 match ban from Partizan. From Real Madrid Yabousele 5 match ban and Deck 1 match ban.

shame on Euroleague
Activity: 1610
Merit: 329
April 28, 2023, 12:03:05 PM
What happened today in Madrid is shame. Real simply don't know how to lose. I haven't seen anything similar since when Nenad Krstic was throwing chairs:
https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1651690275016699908
I'm not going to justify players of both teams, but Yabuselle should be banned from basketball, it's not wrestling. Seems that Exum got injured by him. I'm wondering how many players of both teams will be banned for the next game. And I'm trying to imagine how ''warm'' welcome Real will get in Belgrade. I think that case is closed now and and Partizan will close series in Game 3
Difficult to comment something about other game after things that happened in Madrid but I will say few words. We saw completely different face of Monaco than in Game 1. Compliments goes to coach Obradovic.

I totally agree with you on this. I thought for once that I was watching WWE instead of a basketball match after Yabusele's judo move on Exum. People have started to talk about a possible prison sentence for Yabusele and many people want this to happen as well. I think he really deserves a big punishment for this. Because it isn't an action we see in this sport often. Yabusele must have gone mad and had serious issues on controlling his temper in that moment.

I have heard of some news regarding to this incident like Yabusele apologized for this horrible move. But apology can't be enough for this of course. He can face a 4-year prohibition from competing in the Euroleague and it can turn into a lifetime prohibition as well. I'm very curious about what the final decision about him will be.
legendary
Cashback 15%
April 28, 2023, 12:00:06 PM
Yabousele must be banned for a long time after what he has done. I just wonder how many players will be banned. But i wouldnt be surprised if they ban a couple of partizan players just to help Real Madrid. But once they came to Belgrade it will be the hottest atmosfere ever seen
Well, to be honest, Partizan players aren't inoccent too, I think that Lessort is likely to get ban after what he done to Musa. Punter didn't kept his head cool, but I can understand him after such Llull foul. I'm not sure that Euroleague is going to help Real by banning Partizan players. But I think that Real may try to ask to held game without spectators for security of their players. I hope it won't happen, otherwise Eurloeague will hit new bottom.
BTW, Exum left arena with cruches, it looks sad:
https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1651706213430878208

The punishments are in. Lessort 1 match ban, Punter 2 match ban from Partizan. From Real Madrid Yabousele 5 match ban and Deck 1 match ban. I think that Real Madrid got a good boost for the third game because Partizan lost their two best players in the next game. Also if Partizan wins i dont know if that means that Punter wont play in the semi-final?
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 28, 2023, 01:49:39 AM
~snip
Well, to be honest, Partizan players aren't inoccent too, I think that Lessort is likely to get ban after what he done to Musa. Punter didn't kept his head cool, but I can understand him after such Llull foul.

well, IMO, Punter could just smile to Lull, and said that he has contact to secure a discount for a new TV for him, since they will be watching F4 at home
joke aside, but it wasn't easy to keep head cool in this situation, but we could have better reaction to their provocation
it is 2:0 now, but it all depend on Euroleague ban decision, not sure that they could decide to play without spectators here in Belgrade due to incident in Madrid on the pitch, but everything can happen

looking at match, we were simply better team last night
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 27, 2023, 06:07:52 PM
Yabousele must be banned for a long time after what he has done. I just wonder how many players will be banned. But i wouldnt be surprised if they ban a couple of partizan players just to help Real Madrid. But once they came to Belgrade it will be the hottest atmosfere ever seen
Well, to be honest, Partizan players aren't inoccent too, I think that Lessort is likely to get ban after what he done to Musa. Punter didn't kept his head cool, but I can understand him after such Llull foul. I'm not sure that Euroleague is going to help Real by banning Partizan players. But I think that Real may try to ask to held game without spectators for security of their players. I hope it won't happen, otherwise Eurloeague will hit new bottom.
BTW, Exum left arena with cruches, it looks sad:
https://twitter.com/BasketNews_com/status/1651706213430878208
legendary
Cashback 15%
April 27, 2023, 05:46:34 PM
What happened today in Madrid is shame. Real simply don't know how to lose. I haven't seen anything similar since when Nenad Krstic was throwing chairs:
I'm not going to justify players of both teams, but Yabuselle should be banned from basketball, it's not wrestling. Seems that Exum got injured by him. I'm wondering how many players of both teams will be banned for the next game. And I'm trying to imagine how ''warm'' welcome Real will get in Belgrade. I think that case is closed now and and Partizan will close series in Game 3
Difficult to comment something about other game after things that happened in Madrid but I will say few words. We saw completely different face of Monaco than in Game 1. Compliments goes to coach Obradovic.

legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 27, 2023, 05:14:12 PM
legendary
Cashback 15%
April 27, 2023, 05:05:07 PM
Another win for Partizan and now its 2-0 and we have made two breaks on their field. Competely destroyed Real Madrid in this second match. But what an incident in the end of the match and with 1:45 left to go the game ended because of a crazy fight in the end.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 27, 2023, 03:42:23 PM
~snip
For me it feels that Real will make series 1:1 today, though I would prefer Partizan win.

up to now, we play as fans can wish for, +14 at the moment, on half-time
and that is even without having blasts with three pointers, because those are not suiting us at all at the moment

we just need to stay calm in second half, and finish it off

in other match, Monaco is now close to first win, that would level the series to 1:1
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 27, 2023, 06:09:37 AM
I saw Oly - Fenerbahche game only partially, so, can't comment much about it. From what I saw Oly almost whole game had control of it. Have nothing against Fener, but I hardly can see them winning game 2.
Barcelona - Zalgiris. It seems that Zalgiris lost game before start of it. With 2 3-pointers made it's impossble to compete with Barca, especially when you let them to score 14 times from 3 point zone. But I doubt that we will see another +20 poonts game from Barca on Friday, I expect closer game.
Game 2 for Real - Partizan and Monaco - Maccabi. For me it feels that Real will make series 1:1 today, though I would prefer Partizan win.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
April 27, 2023, 05:03:53 AM
Real - Partizan game was something that we expect from playoffs. And I wouldn't even call Partizan win as surprise. It's a bit unexpected, but Partizan have such good team this year.
I totally agree. Every playoff both in Euroleague and Nba, we are accustomed to see this kind of results. But, we can see the effects of coaching even only in these games. Partizan has a legendary coach and they did great things this season and this game. On the other hand, Fenerbahce has also a great coach but he was not so good and their recent lose was almost entirely his fault. Carsen Edwards played only 3.5 minutes. Tyler Dorsey played 20 minutes while he was this ineffective. I would have kept Carsen Edwards in the game longer and paired with Canaan on defense. I like Calathes generally a lot but he was also ineffective for the offense(there is a great analysis video about him in Fenerbahce in Basketnews youtube https://youtu.be/CVMlUJHdPes). Fenerbahce desperately need Wilbekin for the next games. I know it is Itoudis' first season in Fener but a better coach would get better results with this team.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 26, 2023, 02:00:41 AM
-snip
Real - Partizan game was something that we expect from playoffs. And I wouldn't even call Partizan win as surprise. It's a bit unexpected, but Partizan have such good team this year. And what a night for Punter. 26 points and buzzer beater that wins game. It's difficult to call last Partizan posession as good attack, but damn, he is such clutch player.
-snip

it was a real play-off match, and Punter finished it off with a magnificient three pointer to give us a lead
not a surprise, but definitely not expected outcome, I was sure they will no reap us, but winning there is hard for any team

we had a three pointer shot-out last night, at 50% it would be shame to lose in the end, but will have to put more effort in next match to keep it competitive
after this, we should not let this series get back to Madrid, hoping for a four match series
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 25, 2023, 06:47:48 PM
Maccabi won away. Monaco continues to decline. The surprise of the night took place in Madrid. I also mentioned it in this post. I said Real Madrid is the favourite, but if there is Obradovic, it could be a surprise. Partizan defeated Real Madrid 87-89 away and took the field advantage just like Maccabi did. It will be difficult for Madrid in Belgrade. Olimpiakos is the best team in Euroleague this year. Fenerbahçe's job is very difficult in front of Olympiacos.
Real - Partizan game was something that we expect from playoffs. And I wouldn't even call Partizan win as surprise. It's a bit unexpected, but Partizan have such good team this year. And what a night for Punter. 26 points and buzzer beater that wins game. It's difficult to call last Partizan posession as good attack, but damn, he is such clutch player.
Very disappointing Monaco performance, Maccabi were leading almost whole game and I already starting to regret my prediction that all 5 games will be needed here. 15% Monaco 3 pointers made says it all.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
April 25, 2023, 05:10:53 PM
Euroleague last 8 matches start today. Monaco is playing Maccabi at home and Monaco is the favorite of the match. The hosts have been victorious in the matches played between them in the last two years. Monaco will most likely win the game. In the other game of the day, Real Madrid will host Partizan. Real Madrid is close to winning the match with its field advantage, but Partizan can surprise. Even if Partizan falls behind in matches, they never quit the match. After all, they have coach Obradovic. Everything is expected from the team of a coach who has won the most trophies in the Euroleague.

Maccabi won away. Monaco continues to decline. The surprise of the night took place in Madrid. I also mentioned it in this post. I said Real Madrid is the favourite, but if there is Obradovic, it could be a surprise. Partizan defeated Real Madrid 87-89 away and took the field advantage just like Maccabi did. It will be difficult for Madrid in Belgrade. Olimpiakos is the best team in Euroleague this year. Fenerbahçe's job is very difficult in front of Olympiacos.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
April 25, 2023, 05:46:04 AM
Euroleague last 8 matches start today. Monaco is playing Maccabi at home and Monaco is the favorite of the match. The hosts have been victorious in the matches played between them in the last two years. Monaco will most likely win the game. In the other game of the day, Real Madrid will host Partizan. Real Madrid is close to winning the match with its field advantage, but Partizan can surprise. Even if Partizan falls behind in matches, they never quit the match. After all, they have coach Obradovic. Everything is expected from the team of a coach who has won the most trophies in the Euroleague.
Monaco is quite significant favorite and it's very important for them that Mike James is looking good. Interesting fact that he only played in Euroleague Final 4 - in his first season with Baskonia, when he was just role player. He probably want to change these stats finally.
As said above, Poirier is out, but I think it's not that big problem for them with their squad depth. They perfectly can play small ball. If Partizan would manage to win this game, they probably will turn almost into favorite in this pair.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 25, 2023, 04:45:26 AM
~snip
In the other game of the day, Real Madrid will host Partizan. Real Madrid is close to winning the match with its field advantage, but Partizan can surprise. Even if Partizan falls behind in matches, they never quit the match. After all, they have coach Obradovic. Everything is expected from the team of a coach who has won the most trophies in the Euroleague.

with odds on the match, I would put money on Partizan handicap, you can get around @1.6 with -8.5, even -9.5 on some bookies, and that should be in, even if we lose the match (which will probably be final outcome)
Real is not in great form, we have lined wins and hype is real, local papers eyeing EL title already

squad is now complete, Obradovic is red-faced as always, Real is probably without Poirier tonight, let's hope for the best
Pages:
Jump to: