Pages:
Author

Topic: Everyone loses money when the market is down right? - page 23. (Read 22173 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
If the market down of course you will lose money.  It doesn't means the market crash you lose money permanently because that is temporarily because market will recover. This is the great opportunity to buy more altcoins because it is very cheap compared to the last price of  few months.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Some traders who do swing and day trade doesn't lose money from this down , some of them take advantage of the volatility of the price of Bitcoin. They do it for a living but it does not guarantee of earning a profit too since trading is riskier than holding.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Manipulators especially gain profit from these. How? at first they re the one who drops market , when price falls they collect with their fiat and put a sell wall so to be sure price will not rise, after they collect enough coin they remove wall and price automaticly starts to rise but also they use their last fiat to rise more steeply so price rises and everbody talks about btc is going to moon will be 1 million like fools. So panic buyers, indicator based bots, noobs, newcomers , some investors starts to buy like no tomorrow then price goes higher automaticly, when it comes to a great value manipulators starts to sell for profit. This is why you see steep rises and falls on graphs.
That's mostly what happens with smaller coins. In case of Bitcoin this year, we haven't seen that form of manipulation with how whales don't have to do anything to get the price to tank. The bear market does all the dirty work.

Another thing is that whales aren't placing seriously large sell orders anymore at current levels. They are too afraid that a larger whale instantly buys up that entire sell wall with how high the demand for spot coins is.

It's nearly impossible to buy thousands of coins without significantly affecting the market nowadays. If a few thousand BTC sell wall pops up you can be sure that it'll be bought up with how much of an opportunity it is.

I have only seen very large buy orders (especially at Bitfinex) but no one dares to put up a significant amount of Bitcoin for sale.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
in my opinion they will lose the money they have when prices fall when they sell the cryptocurrency they have because if they continue to hold the cryptocurrency they have then their assets will remain and no loss IF not sold at a very cheap price.

Not everyone. You basically lose money if you sell at a loss since you're removing all chances to recover. This is where volatility works in a positive way as well since there will still be up and down movements. A profit will be a profit no matter how small it is.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Most participants in the crypto market lose money when the exchange rate falls. But the only reason for this is that these are ordinary people who are just experiencing good luck. They did nothing to earn money. Just buying coins is not enough. You need to learn a lot of information before buying any coins. After obtaining the necessary knowledge, you need to gain experience in trading. And when you have the knowledge and experience, then you will find ways to earn money in any market. Even now, when the price falls it is possible to earn. After all, the price does not decrease constantly. Sometimes price declines, and sometimes price grows, it is on this you can earn. It's just a short term trade. There is nothing complicated in it, if you understand everything. Moreover, there are strategies for earning in the bear market.
So trade is not just luck, it is necessary to think and calculate here.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1396
The Last Cryptocoin Burner
A lot of people loses money yes but some people gain profit from it.
Manipulators especially gain profit from these. How? at first they re the one who drops market , when price falls they collect with their fiat and put a sell wall so to be sure price will not rise, after they collect enough coin they remove wall and price automaticly starts to rise but also they use their last fiat to rise more steeply so price rises and everbody talks about btc is going to moon will be 1 million like fools. So panic buyers, indicator based bots, noobs, newcomers , some investors starts to buy like no tomorrow then price goes higher automaticly, when it comes to a great value manipulators starts to sell for profit. This is why you see steep rises and falls on graphs.
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
In my humble opinion everyone will lose the money when they sell thier cryptoassets while the price are below their initial buying point. Although, by holding their respected cryptoassets. They will just have t be more patient than ever to not lost anything in the downtrend market.
Activity: 420
in my opinion they will lose the money they have when prices fall when they sell the cryptocurrency they have because if they continue to hold the cryptocurrency they have then their assets will remain and no loss IF not sold at a very cheap price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102

No . not all. Only few people do only loose when the market is down because they tend to panic and ended up selling their holdings for a low price . while most of the people are continuing to hold their coins because they are already aware that the market dip is only temporary .

there is also cases that a seller dont looses at all even if the market is down because not all sellers are investors , some are also earners or workers that works thru crypto related jobs and been paid by cryptos .
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Exactly, when the market is down, the coin value will automatically decrease so that many people lose money, but with patience I am optimistic that we can get more profit, and by the end of the year everything will be proven.
We can see that right now the whole market is too unpredictable. I believe that it will stabilize, but I think it will happen only in the middle of summer of the next year. But according to technical analyze first of all Bitcoin will stabilize after it fall under 2000$, then Ethereum will be more stable at 70-100$. Only after that all another alt coins will be more stable and will start slowly rise. as I expect continue of downtrend I just open shorts through margin trading (with the leverage not more than 5x) and get profit. You can earn on any market, if you have enough experience and knowledges.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
Exactly, when the market is down, the coin value will automatically decrease so that many people lose money, but with patience I am optimistic that we can get more profit, and by the end of the year everything will be proven.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Technically all people are losing money when the market is down, but a good coin won't have a constant down, if the price is keep on down then it's mean people are abandon the coin, when a good coin being dumped there will be investors buying the cheap coin, when the market is down then its a great moment to buy, even if you are not going to gain any money from the down market, but it can be the chance to buy cheaper and gain more in the up market
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
I think not everyone but about more than 60% , and trader who make money from this situation of market is trader who always patient waiting for bottom of crypto and trader who always use stop loss in every trade so they can buy back at lower price and they get more coins.
not everyone losses a profit of the market is down , because we have our own way of understanding the dropping of the price, some other people will still hold thier coin and i believe that that coin that they still hold is not considered as loss because if the price will rise they can still earn on it by selling at the high price, that is why in crypto we really need a big patience for good.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
Of course, everyone losses money when the market is down because essentially everyone's investment is worth less than it would otherwise, and this applies even to those who practice day trade and happen to make the right predictions.
Actually in essence they will not lose anything even if the price goes down, if they don't do any sales on their coins. prices go down
is a natural thing and recover will definitely occur after the price drops. just need a little patience you will avoid losses, even get you will get is profit..
Activity: 616
https://exip.live/
I think not everyone but about more than 60% , and trader who make money from this situation of market is trader who always patient waiting for bottom of crypto and trader who always use stop loss in every trade so they can buy back at lower price and they get more coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
Everyone loses only if they don't have a self-control and patience, you know that when you are in the market waiting for your turn for the right moment before you sell is still requires patient. And you can't hold on to yourself because you've lost it already watching the market keeps falling and falling then you will the victim of your own actions because you got controlled by your emotion.

You're right dunfida, people like them are usually easily frustrated, stressed and easily give up on circumstances, they seem to assume that market prices will not grow again. If they believe in the popularity of crypto currencies that the price will recover even better than before. Maybe this panic will never happen.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Everyone loses only if they don't have a self-control and patience, you know that when you are in the market waiting for your turn for the right moment before you sell is still requires patient. And you can't hold on to yourself because you've lost it already watching the market keeps falling and falling then you will the victim of your own actions because you got controlled by your emotion.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Right! Anyone who invests in electronic money also loses money when the market drops. When buying high prices not sold, the price has dropped, waiting for the market to rise. The wait is not beneficial only cause us more anxiety. I keep the coin over a year now still not sold.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
Not a few indeed, newcomers who are easily panicked by the decline in market prices. This naturally happens to them because as long as he tries to make a career in cryptocurrency maybe no one's directing it in the right way.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 513
Yes! The obvious answer is of course, even those who trade and by make the right market decision to either buy or sell at the right time for good profit, overall we all lose because the net worth value of the coins is reduced during the bear market.
Pages:
Jump to: