Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 6. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4
July 25, 2018, 08:20:20 AM
I preferred to wallet nowadays as market again little pumping as in start near 20k and than come to 6 thousand and now a days 8k plus if you have no money to full fill your personal needs or need money only in this case exchange otherwise its batter to keep in wallet.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 08:18:17 AM
Here i will suggest wallet is more secure than exchanges,Exchanges are at risk of hackers and hackers became more expert than exchanges management.Secure funds in offline wallet it allow more security of funds also keep your keys with ypurself with backup and dont share to any one.
You can put money on the trading exchange to facilitate for transaction. If you have too much money, I advise you not to put too much on the floor because your account is hacked and you lost all your money.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 08:17:26 AM
My choice is a wallet. If you keep your private keys in complete safety, this method of saving your assets is the most appropriate. I only keep what I'm willing to lose on the exchange. There are not large amounts.
Activity: 714
July 25, 2018, 08:13:45 AM
Here i will suggest wallet is more secure than exchanges,Exchanges are at risk of hackers and hackers became more expert than exchanges management.Secure funds in offline wallet it allow more security of funds also keep your keys with ypurself with backup and dont share to any one.

Wallet can also be hacked so i think it does not really matter if what will you choose because what matter the most is how you handle your cryptos .  it is useless if you use a secure wallet but if you are careless enough on what you do, you can still be hacked all the times .  i myself do already use different types of wallets and online exchanges and so far i did not experience to get hacked , it is because i am a wise guy .
Activity: 176
Merit: 12
July 25, 2018, 08:04:39 AM
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 07:55:51 AM
maybe storing assets in the wallet is safer than saving them in exchange. if the price goes up maybe then it also transfers to the exchange to sell it.
and if the price drops, just hold it on your wallet
Activity: 364
July 25, 2018, 07:52:09 AM
The money is only yours when you have access to private keys. Remember this.
Activity: 55
July 25, 2018, 07:51:18 AM
well, if you want only to keep your coins, choose your wallet, trezor, ledger or other, because it is risky to keep in stock exchanges
Activity: 177
July 25, 2018, 07:42:10 AM
Here article on wallets, quite informative and useful: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-types-of-cryptocurrency-wallets-and-where-to-begin-with-each

and top exchange platforms, whith their pros and cons: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/top-5-cryptocurrency-exchange-platforms
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
July 25, 2018, 07:41:41 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you want to keep your coin, I think it is better if you keep it in the appropriate wallet for it and keep your private key save from third parties but if you want to do trading, it is good to move your coin into the right exchange. Make sure the wallet or exchange you are going to use is safe, secure and reliable.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
July 25, 2018, 07:37:11 AM
Keeping them in your personal wallets is the better option. Its safer, exchanges get hacked and you can use your tokens. I keep some on some of the better exchanges but always make sure you pay attention to the security and activate 2FA.
Activity: 53
July 25, 2018, 07:29:12 AM
It will depends on you because if you want to quickly sell your portfolio if there is a rise in value and it's much quicker. I would recommend using wallet but sometimes its not synchronizing so you need to wait but its much safer using it.
Activity: 588
July 25, 2018, 07:28:36 AM
Keeping money on crypto-exchange exchanges is dangerous, everyone knows about it and still there are cases when you intend to keep your tokens there, because you are working this way. It's dangerous I will not argue.
Activity: 406
July 25, 2018, 07:27:36 AM
Of course it's better to keep your holdings in your wallet.The main reason of crypto is to have a full control of your resources. We have so many hacking issues in the past, it's better to be careful than reckless and be rekt.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 07:25:20 AM
I think wallet is more preferable because most time anything can happen to the exchange security or any sort of hacking or there about and that can leads to loss of so many people funds. And not to be a victim so i think wallet is ok.
Activity: 70
July 25, 2018, 07:16:30 AM
As for me it's better on the purse. For me, plus a purse in that it is more protected. Yes, probably for me it is the most important factor, all the same to withdraw money from the exchange easier than from the purse itself.
Activity: 364
Merit: 37
PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
July 25, 2018, 07:14:13 AM
I dont give a thing and i hold most of my coins on the exchange. I believe that it`s secure if you follow special rules
Activity: 112
July 25, 2018, 07:08:11 AM
Well, if you are quite a noob in computers and technology, it is better to keep the stock exchange from Google authetication.
Activity: 44
July 25, 2018, 07:04:42 AM
I think it's better to put your coins in an exchange because you can do whatever you want with it and you are in charge of your profits and loss. The cons is that there is a little bit of chance that you may lose your coins because exchanges can be hacked.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
July 24, 2018, 11:30:12 PM
Both are great! But it is still depends on your choice, if you're a type who likes to do day trading to gain at least small profits just put your coins and tokens in the exchange market and just set a price you like and just leave it there. That's what i do on some of the bounty tokens that i've got. The rest of my tokens which do not have yet value i just keep and hold it on my erc-20 wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: