Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 5. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
July 25, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
I keep everything in the wallet. In wallet, you have a private key and nobody can send the money out except you. Exchanges are more vulnerable.

And you did not think that your wallet could be hacked? There were already a lot of cases like choosing a private key from MyEtherWallet wallet. It's like one of the examples, and there were a lot of break-ins.
Activity: 630
Merit: 113
July 25, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
I've deposited my coins on exchange again. I don't want lose tothemoon.  Grin On other way, it must be good time buy new altcoins with fiat.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 04:48:25 PM
I keep everything in the wallet. In wallet, you have a private key and nobody can send the money out except you. Exchanges are more vulnerable.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 11:55:53 AM
It is advisable to keep your coins in a cold storage or hardware wallet. Cons of keeping your coins in an exchange is that the site might get hacked and you might lose your coins.
Activity: 130
July 25, 2018, 11:44:36 AM
It is advisable to keep your coins in a cold storage or hardware wallet. Cons of keeping your coins in an exchange is that the site might get hacked and you might lose your coins.
Activity: 364
July 25, 2018, 11:25:13 AM
If you have a large stock of different altcoins, it is very difficult for each to start a separate wallet. But in the case of force majeure, you run the risk of losing their money.
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
July 25, 2018, 11:24:10 AM
I preferred to wallet nowadays as market again little pumping as in start near 20k and than come to 6 thousand and now a days 8k plus if you have no money to full fill your personal needs or need money only in this case exchange otherwise its batter to keep in wallet.
I think for a reliable exchange and there is a belief that in holding altcoins there, then I can take the opportunity and keep them there for a while without bad thoughts about theft, but the problem is that the exchange can be counted on one hand.

But if you invest a lot of money in an altcoin, and it is a long term investment, cold wallets are one of the good options, if I were I would put it in a cold wallet and bury it in somewhere over a period of time I have determined  Cheesy
July 25, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
For long term storage, I use wallets, for short term and trading of the exchange. But it is important to choose a good wallet that gives access to private keys.
Activity: 309
July 25, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
Exchange is convenient, but they do not give any guarantees of safety of your money. All that is not used for trading, withdraw to wallets.
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
July 25, 2018, 10:14:02 AM
yeah i prefer to keep my coins in a hardware wallet for the ones supported and a metamask for ERC20 but i keep the ones that i m trading on the exchanges + if you don't own the private keys you don't have control over your assets so always refrain from leaving coins on exchanges.
in any case, wallets For crypto currency, a more reliable place to store coins, rather than wallets on trading platforms. The fact is that with trading platforms everything happens that only you can imagine and then you can lose all your funds.
Activity: 783
July 25, 2018, 10:13:13 AM
maybe storing assets in the wallet is safer than saving them in exchange. if the price goes up maybe then it also transfers to the exchange to sell it.
and if the price drops, just hold it on your wallet
wallet is still safe from anything including the exchange, if we use the wallet offline may be more secure. but the shortage of the wallet than the exchange is if we will sell we may we have to transfer first to exchange and this is different from if store in exchange will be easier. but wallet is still the top choice
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 10:12:48 AM
It is too hassle if you just keep your coin in each designated wallet, so I suggest for you is to exchange it at least there is different coin and you can see it all in one.
Activity: 93
July 25, 2018, 10:11:18 AM
yeah i prefer to keep my coins in a hardware wallet for the ones supported and a metamask for ERC20 but i keep the ones that i m trading on the exchanges + if you don't own the private keys you don't have control over your assets so always refrain from leaving coins on exchanges.
Activity: 145
July 25, 2018, 10:08:09 AM
If you can just keep all the coins in one or two hardware wallets depending on compatibility, it will be better. Keeping your coins on exchange might be risky. Creating too many wallets might make things too clumsy. Using an hardware wallet does not only ensure 100% security, but also good organization.

Yes better to keep it in hard wallet but with different holdings of altcoins it is impossible to do this. Anyway, I prefer keeping in hard wallets than exchanges for safety reasons.
Activity: 169
July 25, 2018, 10:07:48 AM
Maybe its better  I choose wallet!! Because exchange now at trade market !! Are to low!! Maybe wee have to hold it a lettle more!! And practice youre patience!!
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
July 25, 2018, 10:05:30 AM
If you can just keep all the coins in one or two hardware wallets depending on compatibility, it will be better. Keeping your coins on exchange might be risky. Creating too many wallets might make things too clumsy. Using an hardware wallet does not only ensure 100% security, but also good organization.
Activity: 154
July 25, 2018, 08:27:41 AM
I do not bother and keep all my tokens on the exchange . but I don't have a lot of money ...
Activity: 303
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 08:26:20 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It's certainly in a personal wallet either PC wallet, or Web Wallet because exchange isn't necessarily safe to save in long term. even though in exchange we have installed 2FA security I don't think it's enough to secure your account from crime. and wallet address on exchange can be changed at anytime
July 25, 2018, 08:22:41 AM
I preferred to wallet nowadays as market again little pumping as in start near 20k and than come to 6 thousand and now a days 8k plus if you have no money to full fill your personal needs or need money only in this case exchange otherwise its batter to keep in wallet.
I think for a reliable exchange and there is a belief that in holding altcoins there, then I can take the opportunity and keep them there for a while without bad thoughts about theft, but the problem is that the exchange can be counted on one hand.
Activity: 168
July 25, 2018, 08:20:22 AM
depending on what amount, if the amount is large it is best to create different wallets .
Pages:
Jump to: