Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 2. (Read 8738 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
July 26, 2018, 10:00:29 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

its depends on your plan, if you have a plan for long term holding, i think keep your coin in each wallet is the best choice or buy a hardware wallet to keep your coins just in one place.. but if you don't want to miss the top price or the best sell price, keep your coins on exchange is a good choice
but remember only on trusted exchange my friend,,
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"
July 26, 2018, 09:55:39 AM
If you are a daily trader then it is good to hold it on an exchange, because there are enough security methods like the google authenticator who you can use. If you will hold the coins then you can use a hardware wallet, like Trezor to hold your coins there.
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
July 26, 2018, 09:52:48 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Before we can answer to your question. We need to know what coins and what is your purpose to keeping your coins.
- If you need buy/sell your coins fast (buy/sell altoins will bitcoin or fiat currency (USD/EUR...)) => You should keep it on exchanges,
- For long term holders (who want to keep their coins in their wallet for many months), they can keep it in their own wallet.
(It takes some time and fee, when you send your coins from the wallets to exchanges to sell/buy)
Activity: 406
Merit: 12
July 26, 2018, 09:45:04 AM
I keep on exchange only the coins which I want to trade, main value is stored in hardware wallets and a small part in metamask .
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
July 26, 2018, 09:41:29 AM
If you took a coin for a long time, then definitely keep it on your wallet. If for trade, then on the exchange. But exchange purses are on maintenance, problems with withdrawal of funds are possible.
Yes, of course depending on the goal, if we want to hold for long term then choose wallet of course better and safer than exchanges, this is because many cases make exchange change their policy so that we can lose coin.
However you may have to want your coin in your wallet and never let it stay too long on the exchange site. The exchange site is very vulnerable to violations and therefore it is not safe for you to leave it there. But if your wallet is known to be hacked a lot, you should keep it in exchange so you can secure your coins more.
But this all needs to take quick action, so when in exchange wallet better than local wallet. but everyone knows that the wallet exchange is never safe. there is always a big risk to hack effort on an exchange account.
Activity: 378
July 26, 2018, 09:29:14 AM
If you took a coin for a long time, then definitely keep it on your wallet. If for trade, then on the exchange. But exchange purses are on maintenance, problems with withdrawal of funds are possible.
Yes, of course depending on the goal, if we want to hold for long term then choose wallet of course better and safer than exchanges, this is because many cases make exchange change their policy so that we can lose coin.
However you may have to want your coin in your wallet and never let it stay too long on the exchange site. The exchange site is very vulnerable to violations and therefore it is not safe for you to leave it there. But if your wallet is known to be hacked a lot, you should keep it in exchange so you can secure your coins more.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
July 26, 2018, 09:18:05 AM
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
July 26, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Wallet is always the safest coin storing. Exchanges can be hacked anytime and they - exchanges won't take any responsibility for your lossing token. Exchange is just convinient, not safe. Some people prefer to store their token in exchanges because they will pay less fees, but I don't think that's a good idea.
Activity: 264
Merit: 11
July 26, 2018, 09:10:49 AM
I think saving your tokens or digital currencies on a wallet is very safer than on an exchange platforms. Exchange platforms can be hacked and this can make you lose your money just as it happened some months ago on Coinrail exchaneplatform. Please get either a digital wallet or best form is a hardware wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
July 26, 2018, 09:07:38 AM
Exchange cant be trusted. Because when you store your cryptocurrencies on exchange you dont own it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
July 26, 2018, 09:07:27 AM
It is necessary to understand the simple truth, when you move your tokens into some other purse that does not belong to you, that is, you do not know the private keys of this purse, then you intend to end up in danger, another thing when you are a trader.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
If you want to exchange your coin or sell it in a short time, use the exchange , if you take the coin ,use the wallet.
Activity: 115
July 26, 2018, 09:05:27 AM
If you wanna day trade or if you wanna be ready when it pump exchange will be the option , But if you are doing a Long hold that doesnt matter when it pump or dump much better in wallet because you would not panic or be tempted to play with it that will cause you loses.
i think taht wallet can be a little bit ssfer, but still it is up to yku to fecispde apwaht to do apin your curret situation
that is true, i also trust wallet more, but sometimes exchange is more handy, anyway you can use them both and make a conclusion
Activity: 115
July 26, 2018, 09:04:48 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
aks your friend whatvthey are using, ipand on their anaswers you will be ablr to make a conslusion
Activity: 97
July 26, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
If you wanna day trade or if you wanna be ready when it pump exchange will be the option , But if you are doing a Long hold that doesnt matter when it pump or dump much better in wallet because you would not panic or be tempted to play with it that will cause you loses.
i think taht wallet can be a little bit ssfer, but still it is up to yku to fecispde apwaht to do apin your curret situation
Activity: 97
July 26, 2018, 09:03:27 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
i can say a lot of good thi gs and a lot of bad of them about each kf them , so it is up only to you o decide
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
July 26, 2018, 09:03:13 AM
Activity: 198
July 26, 2018, 09:02:43 AM
If your horizon is short term then you can hold your coins in any online exchange. But if your horizon of investment is for 2 to 3 years then you can hold your coins in online or offline wallet
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
July 26, 2018, 08:56:49 AM
Hey, have you gone mad? JK.
Exchange is really risky. Try to ise wallet always. Otherwise, you will lose your money.
Activity: 81
July 26, 2018, 08:55:32 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
It actually depends on you if you want a short-term or long-term investment. If you're aim is to trade your assets, it is better to use an exchange for you to be able to trade it as soon as you want. But if you want a long-term investment, the best choice is to use a wallet where you can safely store your asset.
Pages:
Jump to: