Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 34. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 0
June 13, 2018, 10:27:06 AM
One can store in both exchange and personal wallet it just depends on your specialization.
For day traders I think storing on exchanges is the best for easy transaction, but for long term investors it's better to store on personal wallet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
June 13, 2018, 10:21:32 AM
It is actually better to keep it in a wallet instead of keeping it in the Exchange wallet which is capable of holding your token. We know that Exchanges are vulnerable to external hacking and you are not sure whether your tokens are safe there. In Wallets, you are sure that only yourself can access the wallet with your own password and Private Keys.
Activity: 10
June 13, 2018, 09:31:34 AM
I always keep my coins on my wallet, when I sell, I sell to my real life friends Wink
They get hooked too fast Cheesy
Activity: 164
June 13, 2018, 09:10:47 AM
If you're planning on trading your coins/tokens, then exchange it is. But if you're planning on long term investments then you should choose wallet. But make sure to get a hardware wallet since it is much safer and secure than software wallets.
Activity: 97
June 13, 2018, 09:08:46 AM
Keep altcoins in exchanges only if you are planning to trade it at the earliest.  If you are planning to hodl your altcoins for long term it is better to keep it in the wallet. For safety reason, it is advisable to keep your altcoins in more than 1 wallet j
Activity: 78
June 13, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
  A wallet is the best and safest place to keep your coin. It is always said and will continue to be said that the coin you kept in an exchange does not realistically belong to you because if anything happen to the exchange, your coin are gone.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
To keep your assets on the wallets of exchanges, do you really have such a question? It seems to me that you are crazy, because this is the same, if you give money to a stranger and ask him to hold it, I think he will hide with them.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
June 13, 2018, 09:01:35 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Absolutely the most safest is personal wallet only you can control your money through that wallet. I would not recommended people using exchange to save their money it's very risk, just use exchange as always done not as wallet.
Activity: 112
June 13, 2018, 08:53:33 AM
Keeping your coins in a wallet is the best but it becomes difficult if you are trading wother the coins. You would have to transfer it into your wallet and then back onto the exchange platform frequently and each goes for a fee. But if you are holding the coins for long then I would  go for keeping it in the wallet
Activity: 226
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
June 13, 2018, 08:45:54 AM
If you often use coins and constantly trade then it will be most convenient for you to keep them on the exchange. If not, register wallets
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
June 13, 2018, 07:39:55 AM
Just remember the say, if you don´t have the keys you don´t have the coins for real. Just keep only the minimum on the exchanges and you´ll be better off.
Activity: 633
Merit: 11
June 13, 2018, 07:33:37 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
If you're short term trader better is exchange wallet, But you need to assure that exchange site is very safety. I advice to you that you need to activate the 2FA google authentication to avoid being scammed. And if you want to use personal wallet. Keep your Private key safe at all time, Save at offline device like flashdrive. And don't save at your gmail. Once you in on the phishing site all your details will be revealed by the hackers.
Activity: 391
Merit: 254
Blockchain Stranger
June 13, 2018, 07:16:54 AM
It is very wise to do! So the hackers can steal only 1 of your 50 wallets if you of course dont have the same password for all
Activity: 238
June 13, 2018, 01:58:10 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

It depends what you want to do with the coins you have. If you want to trade you can go exchange but if you want to hold or save a coin you can use the wallet. Between exchange and wallet can not be equated, they are very different uses.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
June 12, 2018, 11:30:27 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

If you regularly exchange your tokens for eth or bitcoins and then convert them to fiat, then I suggest you go to exchanges and just keep all your coins there and transact there as well. But, if you're planning to hold and not sell during the hype, I suggest get a good wallet for hodling.
Activity: 134
June 12, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
People are always paranoid about holding on exchanges, but i have 6 different exchanges i hold on and i doubt all 6 will get hacked. So even if i were to lose one exchange it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I did lose some coins on coinsmarkets when they faked having server troubles and supposedly temporarily closed but than never re-opened stealing everyones coins in the process. So it has it's risks.
Activity: 42
June 12, 2018, 11:11:22 PM
Putting your crypto assets in cryptoexchange's wallet is a very risky thing to do in the sense that many major exchanges have issues  regarding those coins being deposited on their site. The hacking risk is a bit high and if it happens that the cryptoexchange is a scam, then all of your assets there will be lost for nothing.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
June 12, 2018, 11:06:44 PM
Yesterday, the Coinrail exchange got hacked and a lot of the tokens were stolen. I don't understand why people are storing their ERC20 tokens in exchanges, when they can easily keep them in a MEW wallet. I would never trust an exchange to store my tokens.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 12, 2018, 10:59:59 PM
Because now a lot of closed exchange and lots of hacked wallets, I decided to split the two coins I have. Some of my coins input into the exchange and partly I keep it in the wallet. I used that strategy for a long time, and it really helped me. So when the exchange closes you still have some coins in the wallet and vice versa. So you still will not lose money.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
June 12, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
Both of them are just as useful for any crypto investor. You use wallets to store your coins safely when they are not being used and when you want to trade the coins then you transfer them to exchanges where you sell off the coins. As long as you do not use exchanges for storing your coins, you are doing ok.
Pages:
Jump to: