Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 32. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 16, 2018, 05:53:51 PM
I prefer wallets compared to exchange. I love keeping my coins in my wallets. Wallet is safer than exchange. Exchange most times is prone to so many attacks meanwhile, wallet is not. So, to ensure safety of my coins, I love to keep them in my wallet.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
June 16, 2018, 05:47:23 PM
They have wallet who have different coin wallet you can use it to store your coins to ger more safer. Because most of the time they have some traders who are experience their coins gone if they store their coins to the exchanges site. But until now I did not experienced any of that problems and I hope I did not truly experienced. Wallet can safe because you can only who control and access your account to avoid losing coins.
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
June 16, 2018, 05:46:15 PM
I don't keep my balance on exchange unless i'm going to sell or buy. It's not that i don't trust this exchange but if my goal is for long term then keeping it on my own wallet is a a better idea. Just don't lose your private key and we will be alright.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 143
June 16, 2018, 05:45:49 PM
When you have any amount stored in the exchange your coins are in the hands of completely unknown people and for sure if something happens to the platform some kind of prejudice you will take. Today we have several free ETH and BTC portfolios on the internet, opt for one and use it to store great values.
Activity: 224
June 16, 2018, 05:43:00 PM
Keeping it on the exchange platform is the best way since you can sell it whenever you do not need to send back the exchange. Using the exchange platform you can convert it to whatever Altcoin you want.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 16, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
If you want to trade your coins and make a profit for it then you have to transfer your coins to large and famous exchanges, and if you are not going to trade your coins then it is better to keep your coins on your wallet, because keeping coins on wallets with private keys is more secure than keeping coins on the exchange.
Activity: 119
June 16, 2018, 05:26:45 PM
Cold wallets are the most safety now. Exchanges have many vulnerabilities and can be easily hacked. Moreover, centralized exchanges just can disappear with your money without a trace.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
June 16, 2018, 05:24:30 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I don't trust anyone, that's why I put small amounts of coins in different wallets and exchanges. Thus, I may lose only a part of my savings! In my opinion, it's quite conservative.
Activity: 43
June 16, 2018, 12:52:46 PM
I think getting your coins in a reliable wallet is the wisest thing to do. Note, in keeping those coins, one has to sure of its security authenticity of any wallet to be used, hence hackers and scammers will eventually feast on those hard earned coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
June 16, 2018, 01:21:32 AM
It really depends on what your intentions are. If you want to become a day trader, then it's useful to keep some of your coins in the exchanges (only the secure ones, so be very careful!!!), otherwise you're better keep this things in your wallet.
Activity: 73
June 15, 2018, 04:08:44 PM
Wallets are the best for storekeeping your coins. It always was. Although you can always immediately trade your coins if it is stored in exchanges, but the security risk is much higher than when it is stored in your own wallet.
Activity: 97
June 15, 2018, 09:38:46 AM
Keep tokens on the exchange only in case of speculation. In case of long-term holding keep it on wallets. Try to have desk-top wallets and Ledger because online wallets are also not reliable. Smiley
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 02:43:52 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
i cannot exactly tell which is better, exchange or own wallet, im holding my coins on both - exchange,in my case this is binance, and wallet - metamask. Sometimes needs to buy something fast on exchange and not to lose time for transactions
Activity: 114
June 15, 2018, 02:37:41 AM
If you are holding long term, Most definite a wallet. If an change goes down you can lose all you coins. I always recommend the Ledger Nano S. If you are trading just keep what you are currently trading in.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
June 14, 2018, 02:33:59 PM
Exchange is good but Wallet is more safe as Exchange. wallet with private key for coins that you dedicate hold for long term investment. Remember not all of the wallets are fully secure too.
Activity: 588
Merit: 111
I love the Cryptocurrency world
June 14, 2018, 01:24:21 PM
what i do is to put a small part of your portafolio into an exchanger and the rest into the wallet.
is better to keep really safe your altcoins or bitcoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
June 14, 2018, 01:02:52 PM
Letting your cryptos in exchanges for the long time because you have no plan to sell it on that time is not advisable because not safe in exchange. Better to put it in wallet and if you want a high security level off line wallet is the best one.
right, you should save your assets in a private wallet before you decide to sell it. i think it will be safer, given the many hackers who tried to break into the exchange, and suppose you want to save in exchange better keep on some exchange to make it more secure
Activity: 71
June 14, 2018, 12:48:14 PM
Both exchange and wallet are useful in different areas. Day traders will always store tokens on exchange for easy transaction and to reduce fee, while long term investor will find a secure wallet to store tokens. 
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
June 14, 2018, 12:43:41 PM
Letting your cryptos in exchanges for the long time because you have no plan to sell it on that time is not advisable because not safe in exchange. Better to put it in wallet and if you want a high security level off line wallet is the best one.
Activity: 795
Merit: 10
June 14, 2018, 12:40:06 PM
It is far better to keep your coins on your personal wallet than on exchange. Anything could happen to an exchange it may be hacked or disappear but your wallet is always with you.
Pages:
Jump to: