Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 36. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 07:03:34 PM
Coins are safer in the wallet. Because I have experience storing 9.3 BTC on the exchange and I am waiting for the best price to sell it and it turns out a few days after the market was closed and my BTC is gone. I am sorry. But I can give up because it's all just a bounty result so I just lose time and internet data.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
June 11, 2018, 06:55:46 PM
It may be difficult to get a good wallet for all your altcoins,there are just a few good multicurrency wallets (coinomi,jax,etc).It is still the better option.Exchanges are target of hackers,if they succeed in hacking any exchange where you keep your altcoins,you are likely to lose those coins as the exchange often times will not compensate you for it.Those exchanges may close business if it is a major hack.Mt Gox is an example
i think tjere are a lot of good things in exchanges and wallets, so younshoyld tale the responsibility for this decision on yourself
June 11, 2018, 06:54:56 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
i think it depends on what you want and what you are going to do in the nearest future. every person will answer this question different
Merit: 13
June 11, 2018, 06:52:24 PM
Everyone keeps his portfolio as he thinks it is better! I can't give advice because it's not right! But I'll tell you how I'd keep my coins! First there are special Deposit exchange wallets and if I wanted my coins to work for me-that's where they go.
If it was a very expensive coin and it would be a lot-then no doubt I would have put them on a secure purse Tresor.
Activity: 85
June 11, 2018, 06:27:00 PM
For longterm, external wallet is good, short term coins should be left on exchange so it can be sold when target is met.
External wallets are only useful for storing coins for a long time. Having a wallet online increases the satisfaction of sending money faster.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
June 11, 2018, 06:17:09 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you want to trade then obviously an exchange.
If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
June 11, 2018, 06:16:16 PM
It may be difficult to get a good wallet for all your altcoins,there are just a few good multicurrency wallets (coinomi,jax,etc).It is still the better option.Exchanges are target of hackers,if they succeed in hacking any exchange where you keep your altcoins,you are likely to lose those coins as the exchange often times will not compensate you for it.Those exchanges may close business if it is a major hack.Mt Gox is an example
Activity: 168
June 11, 2018, 06:12:34 PM
If u have multi currency wallet and it is secure enough so of course it’s better to keep your coins and tokens in your wallet..
a good option, but if it is absolutely safe to have no one ever hacked, use this charm as a hardware wallet.
Activity: 309
June 11, 2018, 06:10:29 PM
For longterm, external wallet is good, short term coins should be left on exchange so it can be sold when target is met.
Activity: 200
June 11, 2018, 06:09:44 PM
I can't say you should keep your coins in the wallet or exchange platform, but its depends on your own decision , mind you, you earn less when you keep your coins in the wallet but when into exchange there is tendencies that it can increase but that depends on the level of your risk taking. If you re a risk taker why don't you divide your coins and take part of it for exchange and remain part in your wallet, that's my view.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Kerja Cerdas
June 11, 2018, 05:59:43 PM
I prefer to keep coins on Exchange, the reason is that usually on the Exchange have an Airdrop program if we have a coin and will get another coin or earn a few percent commission from the coins we have.
My only wallet is MEW which I only use to store Ethereum and receive bounty coins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 05:53:39 PM
In my opinion would be better to save the coins in the wallet because it is very safe compared to the exchanger. You can make it in myetherwallet, because there is a trusted website.
Activity: 154
June 11, 2018, 04:37:48 PM
Big NO for exchange for holding. Get some secured wallet and put it somewhere where you have more robust security. Use exchange only for trading.
Activity: 364
June 11, 2018, 04:36:25 PM
I think it's good to keep coins in an well known good exchange because they'll keep the wallets secured.but some exchanges take more time to withdraw coins. If you use a  hardware wallet , it's good to keep them in that wallet because it's more safe
Activity: 148
June 11, 2018, 05:12:18 AM
I can say that I am doing just the same, every bounty I participate has a different ETH wallet for different coins they will pay
Activity: 78
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 03:35:20 AM
Exchange is way too vulnerable to hacking plus your coin activities is pretty much exposed, wallets are safer bet as you can chose which one works for you and encrypt it in your own liking, always stay safe
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
June 11, 2018, 01:42:38 AM
Safe option is wallet but sometimes if you have many coins and are not able to keep separate wallets for all of them, exchanges are also good option. But you have to be sure exchange is safe and update yourself, if the coin is still in exchange or not.
Exchanges always claim that they are safe, but in reality they are not because there are a lot of exchanges that has been hacked.
Hackers will choose exchanges because they know there's a lot of money in exchanges, the recent news which is the coinrail hacked would say
that it's not good to store coins on exchanges.

source of the hack incident. https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/10/korean-crypto-exchange-coinrail-loses-over-40m-in-tokens-following-a-hack/
Activity: 234
June 10, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
Safe option is wallet but sometimes if you have many coins and are not able to keep separate wallets for all of them, exchanges are also good option. But you have to be sure exchange is safe and update yourself, if the coin is still in exchange or not.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
June 10, 2018, 08:48:14 PM
i think in my experience. if you not use that money for trader and just want keep and hold. i think better is you keep on your wallet. because some day maybe you will change your exchange for your coin.
Activity: 560
June 10, 2018, 08:42:01 PM
I would rather open my wallet for every coin. In my opinion, if you just to hold a coin, it's safer than we keep it on the exchange site. More exchange sites are at risk of hacking. If the coins we store in the wallet then we can make a safety for our wallet. We can make sure all the safety facilities so that our wallets can not be hacked. You can read about how to secure your digital wallet through a thread that has been discussed in the forum a few days ago. But if you will use for daily trading then it is better you keep it on the exchange site because it is faster in the transaction process if you will do trading.
Pages:
Jump to: