Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 33. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
June 14, 2018, 11:16:21 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
of course if you are keeping your coins, its better to keep your coins on wallet, especially on hardware wallet. because it is more safe to use than any exchanging site.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
June 14, 2018, 10:31:51 AM
i prefer wallet. You should decide by yourself according , A large many coins are better to put in a purse. It's more secure.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022
June 14, 2018, 10:13:57 AM
It seems to me that it is much more convenient to keep your coins on exchanges, so you can sell them faster before a sharp fall.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 09:01:20 AM
some of my coins put on the exchange and some of the others I put in the wallet. my reason is because the exchange sometimes closes. and in the wallet sometimes there are hackers who want to steal my coins. when the exchange is closed maih there is the rest of the coin in the wallet and when the coin is missing the wallet there is still a coin on the exchange. it's my strategy to keep the coins I have
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
June 14, 2018, 08:58:27 AM
Depends on your goals, if you are a trader, there don't always send from the wallet to the exchange. Otherwise it is worth keeping on your wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
June 14, 2018, 08:53:30 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

It is undeniably much safer to store your coins in your wallet rather than in exchange platforms. Exchange platforms have been a common target of hackers and a series of issues on which may affect your coins in various ways unlike being stored safely in wallets.
Activity: 153
June 14, 2018, 08:40:24 AM

It all depends on whether you are prepared to lose your coins under a force majeure circumstance.

If a VERY LARGE amount in the crypt, it's better Wallet.
Activity: 169
June 14, 2018, 08:32:12 AM
For security, it is better to keep coins in your wallet, and if you still need full privacy, then it's better to look at the coin Priv
Activity: 391
Merit: 254
Blockchain Stranger
June 14, 2018, 08:16:24 AM
I don't know why, but I like to have all my funds in one wallet, and so, even when I trade my coin,s I would withdraw from the exchange to the wallet!
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 14, 2018, 04:41:06 AM
It is better to use cold wallets to store coins.If there are several coins and their cost is small-you can use the Jaxx, Exodus  wallet ....On the exchange can be stored if you trade within a day.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
June 14, 2018, 04:32:15 AM
It's up to you what you want. If the coin has grown then change. If the coin is worth a penny then leave it and wait for it to grow.
Activity: 434
June 14, 2018, 03:54:50 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
it's better to keep it in the wallet only. because I think it's safer than keeping it on the exchange. when you want ditradingkan, we just move to the exchange.
Activity: 308
Merit: 8
June 14, 2018, 03:52:30 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

The cons for the both is risk of loss due to hacking activity of hackers. If you keep your coins with the exchange and there is hacking issues if the exchange were able to recover some of the funds you will be able to get something back but if it is in your own personal wallet and the hackers attack you may lose all without nothing recovered.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
June 14, 2018, 03:48:23 AM
Here is the platform for comparing different exchanges, I use it often and it seems good, so take a look, maybe it will be useful for you also: https://icoguide.com/en/crypto-trading-compare
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
June 14, 2018, 03:19:16 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

To my knowledge there are wallet-based ethereum tokens such as Myethereum wallet and wallet based waves token in Waveswallet here is usually a temporary wallet that we can use before the coin entered the market and after entering the market can be moved to the address / wallet in the exchanger. And for security may also use the wallet recommended by the coin developer.
Activity: 406
June 14, 2018, 02:17:45 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Using a hardware wallet is the safest way of keeping money. I use Trezor wallet for my Ethereum coins. If you are holding coin in a long-term way then use for that special hardware tools like Trezor.
Activity: 161
June 13, 2018, 10:53:35 PM
I would not prefer my long-term hodling into an exchange.  I would rather keep is safe in my hardware wallet.  But for my short-term trades, I would never take out from exchanges.
Activity: 31
June 13, 2018, 10:47:42 PM
If you want to hold a coin for long times, tye good choise is you use an wallet because you will get all features to secure your asset because only wallet give you private key and the private key take only you can access that asset.
Activity: 259
June 13, 2018, 10:33:26 AM
Best to keep your crypto spread across several exchanges and wallets.
Activity: 476
June 13, 2018, 10:30:01 AM
One can store in both exchange and personal wallet it just depends on your specialization.
For day traders I think storing on exchanges is the best for easy transaction, but for long term investors it's better to store on personal wallet.

Do not forget about security. The exchange can be hacked with a higher probability than your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: