Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 37. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
June 10, 2018, 08:00:25 PM
After receive in myetherwalelt you should need to transfer to exchange after received because exchanges are more safe due to 2FA.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
June 10, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
It depends on your purpose. If you want to sell then the obvious choice will be the exchange. The pro's of storing your coin to an exchange is that you can immediately post a for sale and the security will be much higher compared to wallet. Most of the exchange has a google authentication for login and email verification that monitors every transaction. For wallets, you only have private, password and encryption. If you have multiple coins, accessing them can be a hassle because not all of them are listed on the same exchange. Its up to you to weigh your options.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
June 10, 2018, 07:42:27 PM
I won't recommend leaving your crypto on exchanges. one of the reasons is that some exchanges do not support airdrops or hard forks so you won't be able to collect free money
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
June 10, 2018, 06:22:04 PM
It is not recommended to hold Your coins on Exchanges, only those You are trading with as they can be hacked or there could be other issues like late Withdrawal. The use  of wallets is to  store, send  and receive digital currency or for shopping purposes.
There are many of them, I use Ledger Nano S.
Even if You lose it, You can always get backup and block  others to getting access to Your Cryptocurrency account.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 02:18:09 PM
can be stored and on the exchange, although if you get a reward for the bounty then you need a wallet
Activity: 1587
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
June 10, 2018, 02:16:22 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I think using MEW is a place to store all our coins, but if we keep it on the exchange it does not matter either. Because the market exchange is also safe from hackers.
Activity: 168
June 10, 2018, 02:05:27 PM
Keeping funds in hardware wallet is safer side rather than keeping funds in exchange and wallet so better is to hodl funds in ledger wallet
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
June 10, 2018, 02:04:40 PM
You'd better use a wallet if it's just to save a coin, it's safer to use a hardware wallet, then use the exchange when you're about to trade. I think it would be too risky if using exchange just to save coins without doing something else.
Activity: 420
Merit: 12
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
June 10, 2018, 01:58:19 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Of course, if you are going to keep coins for a long time, it makes sense to store them on a hardware purse. If you sell and buy, it makes sense to keep everything on the exchange, this will allow you to react quickly to price changes.

perhaps this is the right view of the aspect of storing coins. Why do you need to keep them on your wallet, if you intend to trade them on the exchange and make a profit out of it? If you bought them in order to make a profit in the foreseeable future, you can throw them deeper and wait for your investment to give you an income.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
June 10, 2018, 01:53:20 PM
It's risky to hold your coins on an exchange for long time...
Even if exchange will not die it can delist some of your altcoins and you lose them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
June 10, 2018, 01:50:37 PM
I still go for exchange because in exchange, it means you are making a move to make your investment grow. Exchange is way on how to convert your deposits or how to convert your crypto coins into cash.
Activity: 322
June 10, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
When you keep your tokens on exchange you dont owner of it. Exchange could be hacked, it can have some technical problems or some juristic problems, anyway you can lose your money at any time. So if you have a lot of tokens the best way is to keep your money on wallets.

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 01:44:08 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

Just compare what is safer, wallets are obviously safer than exchangers because there are issues before in the past where binance and etherdelta does have a problem in their system which leads for other investors to lose their coins.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
June 10, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
If you are not trading your altcoins you should keep them in your wallet. It is a good opportunity to keep your funds safe. Exchange is less secure than wallet. They may get hacked or suspended by the government. I keep all my long-term investments in my wallet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
June 10, 2018, 01:32:18 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

Of course, if you are going to keep coins for a long time, it makes sense to store them on a hardware purse. If you sell and buy, it makes sense to keep everything on the exchange, this will allow you to react quickly to price changes.
Activity: 159
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
June 10, 2018, 05:57:27 AM
If any market fornyour token..i recomended stay at market exchange..and wait hold sometime your token price will pump..and you can fast sell ..not needed must send feom your mew..and panic waiting your token come at exchange wallet..stay at market exchange i think..
Activity: 100
June 10, 2018, 04:49:54 AM
Keeping COINS in your wallet is the safest way to do it, and there's a lot of bad news on the exchanges, such as mt.gox. Stealing tens of thousands of bitcoins from users.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 04:41:23 AM
If u have multi currency wallet and it is secure enough so of course it’s better to keep your coins and tokens in your wallet..
Activity: 364
June 10, 2018, 04:34:50 AM
the number of wallets hacked and stolen is now causing people to choose exchange to store their coins but I think in addition to the advantages we can easily sell our coins but in exchange there is the possibility of our coins will be lost if the exchange is no longer display our coins on their list
Activity: 252
June 10, 2018, 04:19:32 AM
Like most people here a wallet and especially a hardware wallet is the safest and makes the most sense.
Only when you hold a very small amount ,$100 or less it isn't worth it to take it off because of the fees.
Pages:
Jump to: