Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 91. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 113
March 29, 2018, 02:03:01 AM
For me, I initially bought some bitcoin and ETH on coinbase, then I kept it there till now. For some airdrop altcoins, since some of them do not support exchange yet, so I downloaded their wallet and kept the coins there.

But maybe I should transfer everything to my local wallet just to be safe.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
March 29, 2018, 02:01:07 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Well, good is better for each coin in your wallet, or may because of the monotony of the ban, there are those that ICO ban give for the repetition of the purse and his change.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
March 28, 2018, 02:22:19 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
it is more safe to store your coins on wallets, there are some possibilities that a certain coin might delist on exchanges or might hack it. but if you are going to trade it then you must put it on the exchanger.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
March 28, 2018, 02:00:19 AM
sure, better for save you coins in wallet, im has a case when i have 2ETH in market exchanger lost my account not in hacking, just dont know where my coins go. choose market exchange and wallet its critical choose best and safety wallet and exchange to save your coins
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
March 28, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
If you want to do day trade then you obviously need to put it on exchange to lessen the hassle of transferring from another wallet which is costly. But beware of some exchange because your precious coins/altcoins might vanished. If your a holder then you must put your holdings on a wallet where you have full control.
Activity: 462
March 28, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
My wallet is to store crypto since its the safest way and u have the private keys and if u r for long term investment. If u r a short trader u go for exhange but the always accept the risk that the exchanges might be hack.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 01:23:27 AM
It is probably on your wallet because if you are currently doing a bounty campaign it is mandatory that it should be store in your wallet but if you want to trade it, it should be in the exchange wallet because it is the necessary thing to do.
Activity: 504
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
March 28, 2018, 01:19:31 AM
 Wallets guarantee safety to your coins more than exchange does, its not to say that exchange is unsafe,but they are prone to hacks, as compared to wallets where the safety of your coins is entirely dependent on you
Activity: 191
Merit: 0
March 28, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
Of course I chose the wallet to save my coins. As far as I know exchange function to do sell or buy not to save coins.
Activity: 419
March 28, 2018, 12:59:16 AM
It is safer to store your crypto coins in wallets than exchanges as there are more chances of loosing your crypto coins if you store your coins in the online exchanges as exchanges have your private key and hackers will be able to hack when storing on exchanges as it is stored online so it is better to store crypto coins in wallets, there are different kinds of wallets available in the crypto market so you need to choose the best wallet to store your crypto coins, USB wallets like Trezor and paper wallets are safer as your private key will be safe in the users hands.
Activity: 160
March 27, 2018, 11:20:19 PM
It is more safer to store coins in wallet that in exchange site even though both are vulnerable if the owner don't know how to manage properly the private key or what ever that needed to avoid.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
March 27, 2018, 11:16:05 PM
Ofcourse it is safe to store coins to a walllet than to exchange sites because wallets are more secured than exchange sitess. because there are cases that exchange sites are getting hacked and compromised that may result to the loss of many tokens. This is why it is better to use wallets
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
March 27, 2018, 11:12:22 PM
Should choose individual purses. to secure your token. Exchange can be hacked at any time and really dangerous

Unless you are planning to sell your crypto within in the next month or so, I'd suggest moving it to wallets. It isn't wortht the risk of exchange getting hacked and losing everything

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 17
March 27, 2018, 11:04:38 PM
Should choose individual purses. to secure your token. Exchange can be hacked at any time and really dangerous
Activity: 42
March 27, 2018, 11:01:24 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

Keep your coins in a wallet (preferably offline) wherever possible. If you want to keep them on exchanges for quick trades then I'd suggest spreading your assets over a few different exchanges so at least if one of the exchanges does get hacked then you won't lose everything.
Activity: 193
March 27, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
I prefered wallet. Because i use for now myeherwallet compatible in ERC20 . All tokens are compatible in erc20 i can recieve.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 27, 2018, 10:17:22 PM
After such a long period of time and seeing all sorts of news, including friends and myself, I feel that it's safest to put coins/tokens in your wallet.
Of course, if you are lazy, you can still put them on the exchange, just don't put too much coins/tokens on them.
Activity: 108
March 27, 2018, 10:14:05 PM
each individual has their own decision whether to save in their wallet or send it to the place of exchange. If you predict the coin will have a high investment value should still keep it in the wallet and monitor developments, while felt not have a low investment value should immediately sell it. Saving a few coins on the spot is ineffective in addition to having issued a fee for the transfer, fixing the price we want will take a long time.
Activity: 280
March 27, 2018, 09:58:12 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
if I prefer to keep the coins in the wallets rather than on the exchange, why is that? I think store in the wallet is more secure than in the exchange, because ever the incident as well as some of the exchange is exposed to hackers,
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
March 27, 2018, 09:36:15 PM
wallet. Only wallet. I think good choice - papper wallet. If you need often make many transactions - you can choose hardware wallet (like trezor)
Of course a purse. Neither one exchange can give you confidence in the safety of your funds. It is better to choose hardware wallets. I use the wallet Ledger Nano S. While I'm happy with everything.
Pages:
Jump to: