Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 93. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
March 25, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
I have my assets deposited on both. If I want to trade I ysually hold my coins on exchange. But for long term ,  I usually hold it in my wallet. Plus coins in wallet usually get staking bonus
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 08:25:57 PM
Some exchanges are scams and you have less control than your own wallet. May be I am too old fashioned but I prefer wallet.
Activity: 190
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 08:24:58 PM
It is safer keeping your coin in your wallet since you have the key, you have control over it. Keeping in exchange can only be necessary when you want to buy coin.
P60
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
March 25, 2018, 07:57:18 PM
Keep all your coins in the wallet whenever possible especially if you are along term holder. Exchanges easily get hacked and the only disadvantage of moving to a wallet is the small transaction fees which is much better compared to loosing all your coins
Me too, I prefer to keep all my coins in my wallet; I think it is safer than exchange. I trust my wallet more than anything else so no matter what happened, I will hold and keep in safer place.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 07:54:47 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

You point out one of the biggest problems with the alts Janinjo11, where do you keep your keys?

Right now I'm parking my ERC tokens on my Nano-S ETH address.  I don't really don't want to mess with anything else at the moment except maybe for JAXX atm.  The race is on for 'The Wallet' and there are a few contenders aiming that way.  (here comes the pitch WinkThe Pillar Wallet will offer an interesting solution of being a DEX itself if I am not mistaken so that way exchanging coins will be a snap.  I want to see it with optimization algos to help me select the best coin for the exchange.  PILLAR is aiming for what they call the 'Grandma' wallet, i.e. a wallet even a grandmother can use with ease!   Grin
Activity: 294
March 25, 2018, 07:53:47 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Do not use exchange wallet just for storing your coins, there is no way you can get back your coins once the exchange have been hacked. Only put the coins into the exchange if you are going to trade it and sell out immediately and withdraw to an external wallet once you are done. Hardware wallet such as trezor is one of the best wallet you can use for keeping your coins.
Activity: 224
March 25, 2018, 07:48:37 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
keeping coins in exchange could expose you investment to risk such as lost of coins due to hacking attacks but keep in mind that if you are going to trade it soon it's a good choice to keep your coins in exchange, holding coins for a long time should be done in wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1252
Heisenberg
March 25, 2018, 07:38:00 PM
Keep all your coins in the wallet whenever possible especially if you are along term holder. Exchanges easily get hacked and the only disadvantage of moving to a wallet is the small transaction fees which is much better compared to loosing all your coins
Activity: 236
March 25, 2018, 07:22:46 PM
I think there is no need to keep ur coins/token in an Exchange. There have been numerous cases when people simply lost the money because the exchange was hacked or the exchange closed. As for me, u can store ur coins in a wallet where u have full access.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
March 25, 2018, 06:29:54 PM
I use both regularly and wallet more, most especially for new investment. If product gets active you put a little on exchange just to take some profit.
Activity: 274
March 25, 2018, 06:26:10 PM
Keeping coins on the exchange is very dangerous. Even the most reliable exchange can be the subject of a hacker attack. Don't risk your capital. Find a good wallet and send your coins there.

If you really store your coins on an exchange, then you are a retarded.

But well, storing on an online wallet is not safe enough neither. I prefere to hold them all on my hardware wallet, it is ten times more secure.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
March 25, 2018, 06:25:17 PM
Keeping coins on the exchange is very dangerous. Even the most reliable exchange can be the subject of a hacker attack. Don't risk your capital. Find a good wallet and send your coins there.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Araw ICO
March 24, 2018, 10:14:49 AM
Here a lot depends on how you trade. If very often you will need to keep on the stock exchanges.And if you bought a coin for a year then of course you'd better start a purse
Activity: 798
March 24, 2018, 10:13:27 AM
wallet becomes the best choice to store coins, because in the wallet we can control our assets and can monitor anytime. different if we store in exchange our assets can be seen by the exchange management and dangerous because we can not trust 100% exchange is safe.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 10:09:08 AM
It is better to hold coins on cold wallets, of course, but if you have too many coins, it is rather difficult to have wallets for each coin. In this case it is very convenient to hold all your crypto on exchange. I don't think you should worry about the safety of your funds if you hold them on top exchanges like Bitfinex or Bittrex.
Activity: 265
March 24, 2018, 09:55:52 AM
Both are good as they perform different functions. Exchange wallet is normally used for trading and you don't have full control over it while in terms of normal wallets you have full control over it as the private keys and even the address belongs to the owners alone.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
BitHostCoin.io
March 24, 2018, 09:31:43 AM
A wallets is the best place to store, if you can ensure its full safety. But I think you need to have a few wallets and not keep everything in one place

Yes I prefer a wallet compared to an exchange. Also most altcoins wallet now will give you staking rewards for holding many coins and just letting it open,
Activity: 353
March 24, 2018, 09:29:48 AM
if I. I would choose to keep the coins in my wallet. Be safe and do not worry about leaving it at the exchange. Exchange can be hacked Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
March 24, 2018, 09:24:50 AM
There is none of them without its both merits and demerits. It just depends on what you personally shall be doing with your funds at a given period. If you are for an instance having a great deal in Daily tradings, living your funds with the Exchanges with which you are transacting with could be the best choice at that moment, but if you are only investing in some coins for hold, I feel keeping your coins in your wallet would have been much okay, and when you need to cash out, you can endeavor to follow the few steps of confirmation  and get your transaction done. The reason been that living your funds with exchanges for long might be risky at times in any case, any inevitable occurs at the long run.
Activity: 330
March 24, 2018, 09:11:18 AM
Some users set a separate purse for each crypto currency (for example, Electrum-Dash or Ethereum Wallet). This approach undoubtedly provides a safe way to store digital currencies, because each of these wallets gives you the opportunity to control the private key. If the latter is stored in a secure place (for example, written on paper and / or stored on a flash device that is always offline), then you can be 100% sure of the safety of digital savings.
I agree with you, but however, it has some disadvantages. firstly, a lot of scattered wallets - it's uncomfortable. secondly, for each of them it is necessary to save a unique key seed-phrase (which will be a private key). how many digital currencies - so many unique phrases. if you lose one of them, then the entire digital currency will be lost from the corresponding wallet Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: