Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 96. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 04:08:00 PM
If you want to trade some of your digital assets the you can put into exchanges. However, if you want to hold the rest of you assets then you must use your cold wallet where you have the full control of. Keep in exchanges sometime make you feel scary of getting compromised.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
March 21, 2018, 03:43:57 PM
Wallets will do it for me, Exchange is suitable for active traders  but for storage, its more risky as we all have heard about exchange being hacked and coins lost.Wallets especially hardware wallets are safer and more convenient to use as they give you complete control of your coins
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
Hi. If you are going to trade much better keep it on exchange. But if you're going to invest on long time it should be wallet. So you should create some strategy before chosing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 03:31:36 PM
If we are talking about the storage of funds, then the best solution will be to use hardware wallets, because they will be able to help you secure yourself as much as possible. But you should never keep money on the exchange.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
March 21, 2018, 03:28:22 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

The answer is simple.

Are you a trader? If yes then you need to left your coin on exchanges to trade.

Are you a holder? If yes then you should deposit your coins in a safety wallet.

Leaving coins in exchanges definitely involves risks, if the exchange closes for some reasons (scam, bankruptcy, ecc.) you will lose all your coins because you don't own private key. On the other hand, you have a better management of all the coins.

Private wallets are obviously a safe option to store your coin because you own the private key, but it involves to get many different wallets.

If you are looking to manage just ERC20 token I suggest you open a MyEtherWallet address, you can easily handle all the ERC20 tokens such as deposit into exchanges, withdrawal from exchanges and transfers.
Activity: 336
March 21, 2018, 03:27:47 PM
If you've been in this game for any length of time you would know about the dangers of exchanges. If your money is on an exchange you don't really own it. It can be taken from you at any time the owners decide to do a runner with millions. I've seen it happen at Mt Gox, Cryptsy, Mintpal, Cryptorush, and Maxx just to name the ones I remember. It's only a matter of time before the next one happens and people lose whatever money they foolishly kept there.
Activity: 112
Merit: 5
March 21, 2018, 03:19:40 PM
I chose to save my coin in the wallet, because I think storing in the wallet is safer. which I fear if I keep the coin on the exchange is if the exchange experienced a scam or exchange went bankrupt
Activity: 84
March 21, 2018, 02:53:03 PM
personally I use my wallet to store my crypto since its the safest way and you have the private keys and if you are for long term investment.. If you are a short trader you go for exhange but the always accept the risk that the exchanges might be hack
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 21, 2018, 02:51:40 PM
wallets work better for me, exchanges are ideal storage place for traders, but wallets are safer especially hardware wallets. they not only give you the convenience of monitoring the activities of your coins but also give you the ability to verify transactions before making them. we have al seen the news that exchages has been hacked and lots of coins lost, thats almost impossible with wallets.
No. Not even traders should store their coins on an exchange for a long term, especially if the amount of coins is high. There are risks of the site being hacked and losing all its coin. Or even the traders account may get hacked and lose all his coins. Better take precautions before anything bad happens.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
March 21, 2018, 02:47:48 PM
 wallets work better for me, exchanges are ideal storage place for traders, but wallets are safer especially hardware wallets. they not only give you the convenience of monitoring the activities of your coins but also give you the ability to verify transactions before making them. we have al seen the news that exchages has been hacked and lots of coins lost, thats almost impossible with wallets.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
March 21, 2018, 02:26:02 PM
I trust my own wallet somehow, the stock exchanges too often break, so that you can safely trust them with significant amounts.
At the exchange for a long time I only keep what I will not grieve, the fixed assets on the wallet
Activity: 308
March 21, 2018, 12:34:53 PM
The huge advantage is, that most of the tokens are created on the ERC-20 platform and are provided by one wallet. I recommend to buy a hardware-wallet, which allowes to store several dozens of tokens at one place. Exotic tokens in small quantities may be stored at popular exchanges. Only don't forget about 2FA  Wink
Activity: 619
Merit: 250
March 21, 2018, 12:09:34 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
of course i chosee exchange because in my opinion exchange is more easy than wallet and more simple
then more safety, ussually you just add 2fa in your exchange and set your number phone is so worth
Activity: 238
March 21, 2018, 12:01:22 PM
In fact, yes, you can keep 2 purses for different cases exchanger for trade and an ordinary purse in order to keep.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
March 21, 2018, 11:24:04 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
The purpose of wallets is to keep safe all of your coins. If you are not trader then you should store your bitcoins in wallets. Many people prefer to store bitcoins in bitcoin wallet than in exchanger because they say that there is possibility that the exchange can hack by the hackers.
Merit: 5
March 21, 2018, 11:16:43 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
this is a very ambiguous solution! everyone can decide where it is better to keep the coins! but if you still decide to keep on the stock exchange then you need to make sure that this exchange is reliable!
but not all wallets are reliable!
It is best to use wallets that have good reviews!
Activity: 574
March 21, 2018, 07:02:03 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

to keep the assets I have in the long run that I use I usually keep them in the wallet online directly like blockchain or MyEtherwallet, because if the store in the exchange market I am afraid if the assets I have lost.
Activity: 205
March 21, 2018, 02:41:19 AM
The only good thing in keeping your coins in some exchange site is that, if hard fork was happen during your coins is in exchange site, you can get another coins but it is different from your old coins. While if you open a wallet for each coin, it is safer than keeping all your coins in only one wallet.
Activity: 154
March 21, 2018, 02:38:56 AM
One of the biggest problems in the digital money world is the security of your wallets and exchange sites. my preference is from the wallet
Activity: 146
Merit: 12
March 21, 2018, 02:38:52 AM
if you want hold not for sell at the short time I give advice to keep on your wallet
learn from Mtgox , cryptsi that exchange has been hacked and scam
but if you want sell at short time keep on exchanger wallet
Pages:
Jump to: