Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 97. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 13
The stock photography revolution
March 21, 2018, 02:28:07 AM
For save my property I'm always save in my private wallet.
Because I'm sure the security of that wallet is good than we save in exchange.
I will put my money in exchange when I want trading and widraw. Because exchange some time is not good safety.
Activity: 106
Merit: 2
March 21, 2018, 12:16:24 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

The best practice is to keep only those funds on exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid term. For other assets and long term investments is better to use cold wallets.
It is best to keep on wallets,so you will have control over the funds.After the funds on the exchange control over them already has the exchange
Activity: 237
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 12:10:14 AM
never store your coins on exchange sites. I think it's too risky at hacker attacks. Better keep your coins in hardware wallet.
Use trusted exchange sites only when you want to trade.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 11:48:54 PM
That totally depends on how much control you want over your bitcoin or Ethereum.

Basically when you keep your bitcoin in trading platform wallet then company providing it has control over your bitcoin. If you don't want that you should get a separate dedicated wallet.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
March 20, 2018, 11:47:55 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Most of the people on this forum prefer to keep your coins in your wallet.
Better you can use hardware wallet. But as a trader, it's hard to do that.
So, you have to define your purpose first. Do you join in crypto as a trader or a holder?
Activity: 110
March 20, 2018, 11:47:09 PM
A wallet is of more necessity for both ether and bitcoin, and any other altcoin for that matter.
One thing you must consider when choosing your wallet is it’s security features. One of the most secure features is multi-signature which allows for you to have a 2 out of 3 private key scheme. Basically, if your phone is lost or stolen you will be able to get your bitcoin back easily with this security feature.
Activity: 87
March 20, 2018, 11:46:19 PM
Like with any sort of value, you need something to hold it. Technically, you can keep your money on an exchange, but this is not recommended. The reason being your typical exchanges are centralized businesses. This means all the private keys are stored in one place (so to speak) and therefore can be hacked.
Activity: 119
March 20, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
You should generally keep crypto in your own personal wallet. It’s like owning gold- if it’s not in your possession then you don’t really own it.
Activity: 140
March 20, 2018, 11:43:12 PM
if kpin not listing save in wallet first, because somewhat safe.
do not keep assets on the exchange for too long.
because it is very dangerous

We really want what is safe for us but how to maintain it safe is different thing. Well to be safe I know ,y coins first whether at this phase if it is a good exchange time for them or the better time to keep them. Usually, I do keep them for the purpose of the high value of the coins for the next years to come. Whether exchange or wallet it will really be up to your decisions whether to progress or lose all assets.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 11:35:32 PM
if kpin not listing save in wallet first, because somewhat safe.
do not keep assets on the exchange for too long.
because it is very dangerous
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
March 20, 2018, 11:35:23 PM
Both is important. If you long term investor keep your coin in wallet & daily trader keep it on exchange. Binance showing good initiative to stop hacking. According to me it's a reliable exchange.
Activity: 20
March 20, 2018, 11:31:41 PM
If you do actively trade, then exchange is obviously the better option as otherwise the fees will just eat up all your profits. But for holding an offline wallet (or a hardware wallet) is the most sensible choice for security reasons
Activity: 598
March 20, 2018, 11:23:07 PM
If you need a crypt only for doing business, you can use a wallet. If you are an investor, then of course the stock exchange.   
It depends on how you stock your coins If you are ready to sell your coins then put on a exchanges and if you hold for a long term put it on your wallet.Hackers are everywhere be wise to putting money.
Activity: 392
March 20, 2018, 03:33:00 PM
If you need a crypt only for doing business, you can use a wallet. If you are an investor, then of course the stock exchange.   
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
March 20, 2018, 01:07:01 PM
There are some basic differences first of all if you want to trade with your coin then obviously you need to put it on any exchange. Though some Wallet provides the exchange facilities but the are charging much more than the exchanges.
Next thing is the KYC, in the exchange websites you need to fill the KYC form but you can store in wallet without any KYC.
Activity: 100
March 20, 2018, 01:03:59 PM
I usually keep the money in the exchange, because I regularly trade the day, it will help me a lot of fees. If you hold a long-term wallet
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 20, 2018, 12:57:15 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
Better to hold not a big amount of different tokens or use the same protocol for easier holding. 100% it better to hold at wallet but sometimes, exchanges can provide you better security measures then desktop wallets
Activity: 616
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
March 20, 2018, 12:49:54 PM
can be stored and on the exchange, although if you get a reward for the bounty then you need a wallet
Activity: 182
March 20, 2018, 12:46:56 PM
In my own opinion you should not trust any exchange out there to hold your tokens long term, There is a possibility that the exchange will get attack or will shut down anytime who knows. Wallet of each coin is preferred if you are not a day trader if you plan to hold long term so you must hold it outside the exchanger, And off line wallet is the best of them all. Choose wisely
Activity: 27
March 20, 2018, 12:42:12 PM
You want to trade your coins at an exchange site. If you want to keep them in the long run keep the offline wallets will be good for you.
Pages:
Jump to: