Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 122. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Does anyone knows how to make sure my upgrade is successful? I can't identify it by see the version information.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
i just got off dedicated pool. many should follow too
Activity: 210
Is it just me or is Coinedup's trading engine is awful?  Undecided Yeah they improved their server speeds a lot, but orders that are already filled just sit there for ages,no matter how many times you refresh the page, then people are queuing for the same order...its quite painful to be honest, especially when im trying to eat thru these sell walls! Cant wait til we hit a smoother exchange...
Activity: 204

Execoin official pool at pool.execoin.net reopened!

Please take into consideration, that we are not professional pool operators (do not forget to setup a backup pool!!!)

There will be a fee of 1%, going to Execoin fund in full!!!

Thank you.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Just trying to figure out why I my reference 290 and 290x can't get past 370Kh/s (on each card, not combined thank god). They are running in ubuntu 13.10 off 14.2 drivers, ADL 6.0, SDK 2.9, and the latest vertminer. Before yous say "it's dem beta drivers!!!!" know that the PTS miner, scrypt, and scrypt keccak have all run fine at decent hash rates. The flags I have are as follows...

290x
Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.1 -p x -d 0 -v 1 -w 512 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24000 --gpu-memclock 1490 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-powertune 20

Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.2 -p x -d 1 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24500 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-powertune 20

Intensity of anything over 13 (even on a single thread) would give me HW errors. Even at these settings after about 340k accepts, I have approximately 1k rejects and 80 HW errors (on each card, give or take). I have also tried dialing back the memory and increasing/decreasing clocks to no avail. As for the TC I tried everything from 10240 to 27000 with pretty much zero change. I setup specfic multiples of the 2816 on my 290x. At 4x(11264) I was getting 355Kh/s. Then at 5x(14080) and 6x(16896) I was back at the 370-375Kh/s average.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but the one 290 I have is far better with one thread (-g 1), and I can set an intensity of 20 with no problems whatsoever.

I am running Xubuntu 13.10 and AMD 13.12 drivers, and I get a solid 445 Kh/s with these settings, which are identical to what I was using for vertcoin:

Code:
./vertminer --scrypt-vert -d 2 -g 1 -w 512 -I 20 --thread-concurrency 24550 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500  --gpu-powertune 20

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/swaz_photos/290.jpg

Also, you shouldn't need to run separate instances of vertminer for each card unless you need to run one thread for one and two threads for another.  I only have to do this on this rig that has two 280x's running with -g 2 and a 290 running with -g 1.

Yea I prefer to have two separate windows since I run separate flags for each.

Also I wish one thread with a higher intensity was possible but as I said in the quote text, I can't get over an intensity of 13 without HW errors even on one thread.
Activity: 5
Just trying to figure out why I my reference 290 and 290x can't get past 370Kh/s (on each card, not combined thank god). They are running in ubuntu 13.10 off 14.2 drivers, ADL 6.0, SDK 2.9, and the latest vertminer. Before yous say "it's dem beta drivers!!!!" know that the PTS miner, scrypt, and scrypt keccak have all run fine at decent hash rates. The flags I have are as follows...

290x
Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.1 -p x -d 0 -v 1 -w 512 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24000 --gpu-memclock 1490 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-powertune 20

Code:
./vertminer --nscrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3369 * -u 0ut1awed.2 -p x -d 1 -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency * 24500 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-powertune 20

Intensity of anything over 13 (even on a single thread) would give me HW errors. Even at these settings after about 340k accepts, I have approximately 1k rejects and 80 HW errors (on each card, give or take). I have also tried dialing back the memory and increasing/decreasing clocks to no avail. As for the TC I tried everything from 10240 to 27000 with pretty much zero change. I setup specfic multiples of the 2816 on my 290x. At 4x(11264) I was getting 355Kh/s. Then at 5x(14080) and 6x(16896) I was back at the 370-375Kh/s average.

Also....
GET OFF OF DEDICATED POOL! IT HAS MORE THAN HALF THE HASH AND HAS FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

Why is it still listed as the first pool in OP (with "NEW!" beside it none the less)?

With all these coins going down the drain do people really want their investments to continue to be flushed away?

I don't know if this will help you or not, but the one 290 I have is far better with one thread (-g 1), and I can set an intensity of 20 with no problems whatsoever.

I am running Xubuntu 13.10 and AMD 13.12 drivers, and I get a solid 445 Kh/s with these settings, which are identical to what I was using for vertcoin:

Code:
./vertminer --scrypt-vert -d 2 -g 1 -w 512 -I 20 --thread-concurrency 24550 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500  --gpu-powertune 20

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/swaz_photos/290.jpg

Also, you shouldn't need to run separate instances of vertminer for each card unless you need to run one thread for one and two threads for another.  I only have to do this on this rig that has two 280x's running with -g 2 and a 290 running with -g 1.

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
I was real hesistant to join P2Pool but I went in and these are my findings so far:

~12 hours later my payouts have stabilized at what I would consider to be peak rate
~ 1 hour of mining time to get accurate DOA percentages
~ 50% of submitted stales get accepted

I've been on a node all night and am actually pretty pleased.  I have used some very shitty nodes for different coins; it seems you have to have a close ping for a good one.

Also I recommend appending the difficulty bit to your username string.

Please join; it appears that it upholds the integrity of the network.

Full disclosure - I don't not own or operate a pool; I consider myself invested in the coin and want to see no panic issues surrounding an unforeseen fork.
Activity: 140
nice coin is rising on coinedup
yup we will see how high it gets today
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
nice coin is rising on coinedup
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Do we have any stratum p2p pools?

stratum+tcp://freebtc.eu:9173

Smiley
Activity: 126
Do we have any stratum p2p pools?
Activity: 11
LOL just had a look at huntercoin...yeah the concept isnt bad, shame the actual game is shit tho... Undecided my friend thought of something similar a few months back.
omg i hope whoever the poor bastard is that keeps selling thier stupid amounts of exe for less than the current rate is reading this.......

YOU ARE PURE SCUM!!!

Go mine another coin and dump that, this isnt even the most profitable to mine so if you have no real interest in this coin?....why?.. your not even clever when it comes to dumping!... say's it all really...

Don't be so nervous, it's a logical step for every new coin: remember the vertcoin, for example. So many dumpers were crying literally "why we sold our vtc so cheap??!" when VTS hit 10usd per coin, lol. They dump - you buy. Easy.

it's not always like that, sometime dumping fast is a good move, not all coins become big actually it's the opposite, very few will get big and clone coin(i mean pure copy-past) aren't certainly one of those

lol to say this is a clone coin is like saying all scrypt coins are clones of each other, which isnt exactly true...

yes it has similarities to Vertcoin...but then if you think there wont be another 10-20 scrypt-jane asic-proof coin's poppin up in the nxt coming months you would be slightly delusional....then you must be telling me there NO chance any of those future coins being any good?? I dont think you can make that call to be fair...nobody know what will happen next in this game....i appreciate your a senior member and you'v been about, but these are new coins and with asics very near, migration to these coins are inevitable unless EVERYONE is gona throw away their gpu farms of thousands of dollars?? Which again seems very unlikely to me....

this is exactly a vert coin clone, coin taht are new in my opinion must have at least one peculiarity, like blackcoin, darkcoin, syncoin and huntercoin(there other but i can't remember now) and the best among those is huntercoin imho

surely you can't say that huntercoin is a clone of litecoin

I cant really make a comment about Huntercoin as iv not really looked into it.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov
http://exe.poolz.net/

Working fine - join to prevent fork before hard one fork Cheesy
Activity: 204

290x
Code:

Code:

Also....
GET OFF OF DEDICATED POOL! IT HAS MORE THAN HALF THE HASH AND HAS FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

Why is it still listed as the first pool in OP (with "NEW!" beside it none the less)?

With all these coins going down the drain do people really want their investments to continue to be flushed away?

We already sent a message to the pool owner and moved it to the very end of the list. Please choose another pool with least hashrate! Thank you
Activity: 14
Please can someone tell me if p2pool are more profitable than mining pools, and exactly why? I'm thinking of switching to p2pool but I'm a little scared ...

Personally i have no idea, but im sure someone else here can help you
Based on my experience, they aren't. (less blocks because there are less users and large number of orphans/deads and apparently the smaller your hasrate the larger the orphan rate...)

people are talking a lot of it, but no one explain why...

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but basically:
- No or lower fees (= ~1% higher payout, all else being equal).
- No need to trust the pool with your coins, or give away any personal info, if that's a concern.
- Potentially higher payouts overall because of rewards, but this depends on your reject rate and latency to the node.
- Need to keep your rejects low and find the most efficient node for you; if you do, it's profitable even with low hashrates.
- Payouts will continue for a LONG time after you stop mining.  Like, days.  Remember this when calculating the payout relative to pools.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1uncvb/the_benefits_of_mining_using_p2pool_better

I've been mining EXE P2P for a while with a relatively measly 400 KH/s and have had good success.  If you only plan to mine for a few hours at a time then stick with a pool, since the PPLNS of P2P won't catch up with you in such a short time.  If you plan to mine for 24HRs+, then give P2P a shot, IF you can keep rejects in the 5% range--make sure to include something like:

Code:
--expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

How does this affect rejects? Sorry if its too basic a question.

Haha no worries, I think most people kind of figure things out as they go.  As far as I understand it, they all have to do with how work is accepted from, and given back to, the server, but I'm sorry I don't know the technical details of "how".  I suspect it forces the miner to kind of not take on any more than it can handle at a time.  I know some people like higher expiry values (up to 30 or so), so it might be worth playing with that, although 1 is the most common.  The Vertcoin forums will probably be helpful for you, too.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Please can someone tell me if p2pool are more profitable than mining pools, and exactly why? I'm thinking of switching to p2pool but I'm a little scared ...

Personally i have no idea, but im sure someone else here can help you
Based on my experience, they aren't. (less blocks because there are less users and large number of orphans/deads and apparently the smaller your hasrate the larger the orphan rate...)

people are talking a lot of it, but no one explain why...

This was discussed earlier in the thread, but basically:
- No or lower fees (= ~1% higher payout, all else being equal).
- No need to trust the pool with your coins, or give away any personal info, if that's a concern.
- Potentially higher payouts overall because of rewards, but this depends on your reject rate and latency to the node.
- Need to keep your rejects low and find the most efficient node for you; if you do, it's profitable even with low hashrates.
- Payouts will continue for a LONG time after you stop mining.  Like, days.  Remember this when calculating the payout relative to pools.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/dogemining/comments/1uncvb/the_benefits_of_mining_using_p2pool_better

I've been mining EXE P2P for a while with a relatively measly 400 KH/s and have had good success.  If you only plan to mine for a few hours at a time then stick with a pool, since the PPLNS of P2P won't catch up with you in such a short time.  If you plan to mine for 24HRs+, then give P2P a shot, IF you can keep rejects in the 5% range--make sure to include something like:

Code:

How does this affect rejects? Sorry if its too basic a question.
Activity: 26

290x
Code:

Code:

Also....

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
omg i hope whoever the poor bastard is that keeps selling thier stupid amounts of exe for less than the current rate is reading this.......

YOU ARE PURE SCUM!!!

Go mine another coin and dump that, this isnt even the most profitable to mine so if you have no real interest in this coin?....why?.. your not even clever when it comes to dumping!... say's it all really...

Don't be so nervous, it's a logical step for every new coin: remember the vertcoin, for example. So many dumpers were crying literally "why we sold our vtc so cheap??!" when VTS hit 10usd per coin, lol. They dump - you buy. Easy.

it's not always like that, sometime dumping fast is a good move, not all coins become big actually it's the opposite, very few will get big and clone coin(i mean pure copy-past) aren't certainly one of those

lol to say this is a clone coin is like saying all scrypt coins are clones of each other, which isnt exactly true...

yes it has similarities to Vertcoin...but then if you think there wont be another 10-20 scrypt-jane asic-proof coin's poppin up in the nxt coming months you would be slightly delusional....then you must be telling me there NO chance any of those future coins being any good?? I dont think you can make that call to be fair...nobody know what will happen next in this game....i appreciate your a senior member and you'v been about, but these are new coins and with asics very near, migration to these coins are inevitable unless EVERYONE is gona throw away their gpu farms of thousands of dollars?? Which again seems very unlikely to me....

this is exactly a vert coin clone, coin taht are new in my opinion must have at least one peculiarity, like blackcoin, darkcoin, syncoin and huntercoin(there other but i can't remember now) and the best among those is huntercoin imho

surely you can't say that huntercoin is a clone of litecoin
Jump to: