Pages:
Author

Topic: Execoin: | First Open-Source Stealth Wallet Released! | Fast | ASIC-proof - page 72. (Read 281667 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
can someone give some short summary of what is going on right now with EXE, what is its status and situation right now?
you know, for newbies that might be interested Cheesy

EXE: just over a month old; similar to VTC but with some significant tweaks (faster block time, more aggressive N-factor); active dev and growing community; Android wallets; solid website and marketing efforts; currently "recovering" after recently being listed on a whole bunch of new exchanges, so the price is a little depressed; realistically positioned as the #2 scrypt-N coin after VTC, which is a pretty good place to be once scrypt ASICs dominate; with luck and some hard work, maybe a chance to be better than #2, which makes it a worthwhile gamble given the current difficulty.

There's also a different vibe around EXE, I find.  It's been building slowly, the community has been growing nicely and is helpful and active, and so far there hasn't been any pump and dump hysteria and FUD.  Pretty calm and rational.  Sort of the Toyota Camry of coins, and I mean that as a compliment.

Similar to VTC but it's not a straight clone, new code has been written for EXE including the N-factor schedule, java library and SPV (simple payment verification) client.

The N-factor schedule is more aggressive than VTC, so EXE is possibly more ASIC resistant. The SPV client is amazing for new users, the client syncs with the network in 2-3 minutes (instead of the hours typically required for traditional clients to download the entire blockchain), it runs on any platform and includes a user friendly first-run wizard and paper wallet generator built in.
Edit: If asics come and GPU miners come here then I think it would be a badass idea

I think you mean, when asics come  Wink
Technically, they're already here with the Gridseed units. But the big players like KnC and their 250Mh/s units will change the landscape.

If scrypt-ASIC manufacturers are smart they wouldn't ship out any devices until the difficulty is high enough.

I'm really starting to think that's what KnC is doing. Their Titan scrypt ASIC specifications have gone from 150Mh/s to 250Mh/s to 300Mh/s in a short time, along with the newly announced Titan Mini at 150Mh/s.  Roll Eyes

Also their "Q2/Q3" 2014 release date gives them leeway to ship when the difficulty suits them.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Guys the price is almost halved over the past two weeks, any hope it will go up again? I have some EXE when I was mining it a while back.
Sure, just help us to promote our coin.
Send an email to Moolah asking to add Execoin to the coins they support.
Vote at Bter.
We must combine our efforts and make it popular. Anybody can set up a mining ring. But it takes something else to add a value to the coin you've mined.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Execoin/comments/22wiq4/vote_here_to_add_execoin_to_altoutletcom/
Currently in 1st place - get your votes IN!

Voted 3 times, we're in second place now.

C'mon guys, let's push EXE to the first place!

Common Guys, we felt to third place now! Please VOTE!

OK. I have added 6 more votes just now...by connecting remotely to different locations.  As long we keep the 3 place we should be OK. Let's go!!!

Sorry for the confusion....We are actually on 4th place...since BC got added....2 more places left... two more coins in front of us....We need to Vote like crazy to catch up! We can do it!!!
Guys the price is almost halved over the past two weeks, any hope it will go up again? I have some EXE when I was mining it a while back.
Vote at Bter.
We must combine our efforts and make it popular. Anybody can set up a mining ring. But it takes something else to add a value to the coin you've mined.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Execoin/comments/22wiq4/vote_here_to_add_execoin_to_altoutletcom/

OK. I have added 6 more votes just now...by connecting remotely to different locations.  As long we keep the 3 place we should be OK. Let's go!!!
Activity: 61
Also, I posted this on our reddit.  We are now selling Mining Frames for EXE.  PM me for pricing and details.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Execoin/comments/231cjj/mining_frames_for_exe/

http://www.sluicebox.us/

Thank you
Vote at Bter.

A little of topic but I just found this cool site and thought I would share.  I used to remote in and check my rigs via VNC but now I just hit this website and login.  I am in no way affiliated but check it out.  Also, it's free..!

http://cgminermonitor.com/

Activity: 87
can someone give some short summary of what is going on right now with EXE, what is its status and situation right now?

I am pretty new here but what I can see so far is we got a developer who cares.  He is pushing out everything that is needed for this coin (i.e. mobile wallets, light Java wallets, regular updates to website) etc.  We got actively involved community members keeping the sub reddit on point.  We have great team members donating coin to get EXE on multiple exchanges.  We have a coin that for the most part is pretty stable compared to others.  Many say, why not Vert?  My answer is EXE has many things going for it, in some ways more than Vert.  As an investor and  miner I see more upside potential in EXE given it's low price compared to Vert.

I agree with the stability and the fact that if it is done IT IS DONE RIGHT! Slow and steady is better IMHO but I think these devs pay attention to every detail.
I am here to stay - I may invest some small amounts in other coins but this is where my heart lay.

The AMA will be scheduled on reddit soon so you can ask all your questions there, a list has already been created for the devs to start preparing!
Vote on altoutlet.com to get execoin added and also send a support email to Moolah - go to the reddit page as well as the OP - you will find all you need in those places.

I am pretty new here but what I can see so far is we got a developer who cares.  He is pushing out everything that is needed for this coin (i.e. mobile wallets, light Java wallets, regular updates to website) etc.  We got actively involved community members keeping the sub reddit on point.  We have great team members donating coin to get EXE on multiple exchanges.  We have a coin that for the most part is pretty stable compared to others.  Many say, why not Vert?  My answer is EXE has many things going for it, in some ways more than Vert.  As an investor and  miner I see more upside potential in EXE given it's low price compared to Vert.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

EXE: just over a month old; similar to VTC but with some significant tweaks (faster block time, more aggressive N-factor); active dev and growing community; Android wallets; solid website and marketing efforts; currently "recovering" after recently being listed on a whole bunch of new exchanges, so the price is a little depressed; realistically positioned as the #2 scrypt-N coin after VTC, which is a pretty good place to be once scrypt ASICs dominate; with luck and some hard work, maybe a chance to be better than #2, which makes it a worthwhile gamble given the current difficulty.

There's also a different vibe around EXE, I find.  It's been building slowly, the community has been growing nicely and is helpful and active, and so far there hasn't been any pump and dump hysteria and FUD.  Pretty calm and rational.  Sort of the Toyota Camry of coins, and I mean that as a compliment.

I'm sure others can give you a more technical rundown Tongue
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
a lot of people like this coin
Activity: 158
Edit: If asics come and GPU miners come here then I think it would be a badass idea

I think you mean, when asics come  Wink
Technically, they're already here with the Gridseed units. But the big players like KnC and their 250Mh/s units will change the landscape.

If scrypt-ASIC manufacturers are smart they wouldn't ship out any devices until the difficulty is high enough.

Just imagine you have a device which gives you advantage in mining speeds - you'd definitely mine and dump until it's profitable.
And then start shipping them to the buyers.
Unless, of course, there are some competitors who don't wanna mine for some reason.

If I'm not mistaken that's what happened with SHA256 ASICs.
They were "delayed" for a few months.

I think you mean, when asics come  Wink
Activity: 87
What do you guys think of the multipool thing blackcoin started?

Can we start on of those? Should we? It takes away from our network hash which sucks though.

https://altoutlet.com (webstore, ~8k+ products) just started implementing voting to gauge interest in new coins, EXE has been added to the list, more details below:

https://altoutlet.com/alt/currencies

Direct link to vote: https://altoutlet.com/vote/EXE

Voted!
Activity: 210

Vote at Bter.

Thanks. Already emailed and voted. I think we need some publicity/media coverage at this point.
Activity: 104
Any help for a newbie to Execoin?  I can't get my R9 280x to get over 275kh/s.

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "http://west.exe.p2pools.info:9173",
      "user" : "EUaMxF1n1FxHnEFGemf9E7mRVgdwCYVAwj",
      "pass" : "x"
   }
]
"intensity" : "13",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8160",
"shaders" : "2048",
"gpu-engine" : "1000-1000",
"gpu-fan" : "0-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "2",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"nscrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I have tried every setting I can find on http://execoin.net/gpu-settings.html for my card.  Can't get over 275 without getting HW errors.  On normal Scrypt I can get 750kh/s, so am not understanding why my card can't do 310-350kh/s like those posted.

Anything I missed?  I tried setting TC to 4096 with the above settings as well and it got solid HW errors until  I bumped I down to 12 but then that caused my kh/s to drop like a rock.

Kind of at wits end right now.

Also at the above settings I am still getting a few HW errors and lots of Stratum requested work restarts.  Is this normal for a P2Pool?  Usually I have used a normal pool so am also new to P2Pools.

Thanks.
Activity: 448
Give it a little time - as long as I am involved (and the rest of us) we are not going anywhere!
Priority is getting the coin accepted and noticed.
But lose people's attention now Embarrassed

Why don't we stop complaining and just do our best to support this coin?

We are only 6 votes behind ECC, let's keep voting: https://altoutlet.com/alt/currencies

I'm also writing an email to Moolah and I encourage everybody to do the same. We're doing it for us!
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
I sent to them!
Voted 11 times on altoutlet.com!different IP address!

done sent to all, and voted, keep it going guys it's the road to success.
Activity: 238
We had a cron issue on http://exe.dedicatedpool.com where payouts weren't being processed because of a corrupted block entry.  That lasted a few hours, but we have fixed the issue and payouts are being issued from the last few hours now.  You should see confirmed, unconfirmed showing up again.

Thanks!

http://exe.dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
[email protected] / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool
Pages:
Jump to: