Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 102. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250
Well here I am 15 hours later and it still han't been sorted out.
I sent an email nearly 3 hours ago but no answer still.
I'm not happy at all so I have requested my remaining balance be sent to me.
It's a shame, because your prices are the best in the business and I have been betting decent amounts with you but there is nothing worse than not being informed of what is happening, or not happening as  in this case.
 Angry

We are very sorry - we are still working on it. However - we obviously understand your irritation. We manually send you 500mBTC + 10% for the delayed payout and we will inform you what happened as soon as we can say it finally.
legendary
Activity: 879
Merit: 1001
Well here I am 15 hours later and it still han't been sorted out.
I sent an email nearly 3 hours ago but no answer still.
I'm not happy at all so I have requested my remaining balance be sent to me.
It's a shame, because your prices are the best in the business and I have been betting decent amounts with you but there is nothing worse than not being informed of what is happening, or not happening as  in this case.
 Angry
legendary
We have already replied to your support mails.

We can confirm that you have betted 162mBTC on Arsenal at odds of 3.086 so you winning should (and will) be 499,93 mBTC.

Please give us just a moment to figure out what went wrong.
legendary
I backed Arsenal to win tonight but you have graded it as a loser.
Can someone see to it please?
Thanks.
I don't understand how it If I bet "on" a team, then a covered amount shows up. Does that mean that I can place a bet up to that amount and I have a bet?

1. Yes - we are a betting exchange. That means you always bet against another user and not against the site. So there needs to be another user willing to bet against you. In general you have 2 options. 1.: use the "covered odds" - at this odds someone else is already willing to place a bet (up to the amount of "covered amount") or 2.: you can place a bet at the "open odds" or any other odds you like and wait until someone else is willing to match your bet.

You can also place a higher amount on the "covered odds". The amount until "covered amount" will get matched directly and the rest remains as a open bet.

If I change the odds, why does the covered amount remain the same?

It depends if there is another open bet at lower odds. If this is the case you should see a higher covered amount at lower odds. However - we will come up with a more convenient way to get an overview of all open bets soon.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Can I change to American odds?
I don't understand how it If I bet "on" a team, then a covered amount shows up. Does that mean that I can place a bet up to that amount and I have a bet?

If I change the odds, why does the covered amount remain the same?
Could you give some information about your market maker? Who are they and what's your relationship with them? For example if someone were to win a large amount from them and they were to threaten you to void the bet or lose them as a partner, how would you react?
Already have very good experience with you but I think it would be good if you shed some light on this.

Hi ctlaltdefeat,

we and the market maker we partner with have way bigger ambitious and we are in for the long run. We are convinced that a free market (betting exchange) is always superior to a bookie. However - we will only reach our goal if most of all Bitcoin sport betting is done on fairlay. Until than we will have 0% fees on sport bets and focus only on growth of liquidity. If we have reached it we will probably charge the market makers that profit from this market place with something like a very small amount for 1000 API requests.
This is obviously a long way to go and defrauding users on this way is clearly not an option. We don't plan to wast money with costly advertising or big bonuses - so our only asset are offering the best odds and having happy users that propagate the site.

Completly beside this reasoning our market maker has a sophisticated automated system where he monitors odds on big none-Bitcoin betting sites and automatically hedges bets if needed. 

It is very decent site with some amazing graphics

Thanks for the nice feedback. However - we are a little bit confused since we did not really have focused on graphics - so we would prefer to be known for our odds, liquidity and 0% fees ans reliable cash outs - since that is the stuff that matters to us.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
Just come to know about your site and signed up . It is very decent site with some amazing graphics surely would like to place some bets in future. Keep up the great work and quality.
3 questions:

1. I want to place a bet with 1.504 odds. When I click on covered amount it says 1884.80 mBTC available.
I want to bet more than that, but I can´t see how much liquidity there is at the next lower price (I would happily accept
lower odds for this particular bet).

First - sorry for the late response. Somehow we overlooked the notification email. To answer your question: you are right: currently this is not very convenient. The only way to do it is to lower the odds and click again on "matched amount" and it should be higher than. What is also really annoying currently is that the odds only get updated once per minute (and not directly after the bet). We are working on both. First we well offer a full orderbook view and second we will update the odds on every reload.

2. I like that you try to add more liquidity (which is crucial for betting exchange model) to your service. However I don´t think
that you are comparable to pinnacle. Your new odds are very nice, but betting limits are nowhere near pinnacle.

On the bet I talked about above pinnacle is currently accepting: 7,621.32 € without odds change.
At Fairlay I can bet 1884 mBTC which is roughly 465 $ (not € as on pinnacle).

Nevertheless I think your site has improved much in the recent weeks, especially due to the new liquidity.

Actually we REALLY offer the same liquidity than pinnacle (but normally not on the best odds) But if you choose the odds of pinnacle and click on "covered amount" in 90% of the cases the liquidity should be about the same as pinnacle. Please write us here if you experience something else.

3. I can place anonymous bets on Fairlay or register for an account. Is there any advantage for opening an account?
Otherwise I would obviously simply place anonymous bets by entering my cashout address.

Well - we value anonymity and therefor don't want to force people to use an account. However - there is a advantage. You simply can place bets quicker and you can not cancel open bets without an account. Lets say you place an anonymous bet. It will take some time until your tranctions gets confiremed and the bets becomes valid. In this time the odds could change already (or the event is already closed).

Activity: 464
Could you give some information about your market maker? Who are they and what's your relationship with them? For example if someone were to win a large amount from them and they were to threaten you to void the bet or lose them as a partner, how would you react?
Already have very good experience with you but I think it would be good if you shed some light on this.
3 questions:

1. I want to place a bet with 1.504 odds. When I click on covered amount it says 1884.80 mBTC available.
I want to bet more than that, but I can´t see how much liquidity there is at the next lower price (I would happily accept
lower odds for this particular bet).

How can I see the covered amount for the lower offers in the orderbook and not only the top offer?

2. I like that you try to add more liquidity (which is crucial for betting exchange model) to your service. However I don´t think
that you are comparable to pinnacle. Your new odds are very nice, but betting limits are nowhere near pinnacle.

On the bet I talked about above pinnacle is currently accepting: 7,621.32 € without odds change.
At Fairlay I can bet 1884 mBTC which is roughly 465 $ (not € as on pinnacle).

Nevertheless I think your site has improved much in the recent weeks, especially due to the new liquidity.

3. I can place anonymous bets on Fairlay or register for an account. Is there any advantage for opening an account?
Otherwise I would obviously simply place anonymous bets by entering my cashout address.

unrelated:
How much do I suck at english  Grin Roll Eyes Every single question begins with the word "I"   Grin
Some examples for our current liquidity:

Tennis, 8,000 mBTC

NBA, 20,000 mBTC

Soccer, CL, 20,000 mBTC
No liquidity for most of the bets

That is not true. At least on all of the sportsbets we have a liquidity of 3,000 to 30,000 mBTC per outcome. For the none sports bet the liquidity is indeed very low.
Sometimes lower the odds just a bit and click the coverd amount button again to see the liquidity at this odds. It is sometimes possible that someone placed a very small bet at the best available odds.

We will provide a improved UI soon where it is easier to get an overview over the liquidity.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
No liquidity for most of the bets
Indeed we are currently out of sync with the source we pull information from to resolve the events.
They will be resolved soon.

Thanks for notifying.
Activity: 54
This is from my resolved bet tab.Something not working right, there are many more resolved bets with error

http://s21.postimg.org/y0iz91yyf/flay3.png
jpg images
Pages:
Jump to: