Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 96. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250
probably just me being uninformed, but mind explaining the difference between the "covered" and "open" odds? clearly the open odds are better, but i don't quite understand the implications of choosing either one. thanks.

Sure. So we are a betting exchange. That means you can choose any odds you like and you will have a bet if someone else agrees to this odds and takes the other side.

The covered odds are odds we you directly will find a match. Someone else is already willing to give you this odds. If you choose the "open" odds, than you will create an open bet and you will need to wait until someone else is willing to bet against you. If no one does the bet will be refunded. So in the beginning we suggest to just take the covered odds, but you should give it a try as well to place an open bet a see if someone else will accept it.

Edit: Thanks magic - that was quick...
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Matched = same as betting on nitrogen (or any other bookie)
Open = you are opening a position and bet will only stand if the line will move to match these odds

If you make a open bet you can always cancel it as long as its not matched.
Activity: 364
probably just me being uninformed, but mind explaining the difference between the "covered" and "open" odds? clearly the open odds are better, but i don't quite understand the implications of choosing either one. thanks.
registered on here and the odds are definitely better by all means, i just wish the csgo matches were added sooner, still waiting to make my first wager on the site.

Welcome to Fairlay!
We try to avoid empty market or markets with bad odds. So we only add markets as soon as at least one of our market makers offers solid odds on the event. After that it is a free market...

i see, so as nitrogen seems to be having problems right now, there isnt a market for you to base your odds off of
so the matches will be added after one or more of your market sources adds the matches, correct?

That is correct. Hopefully we will have in the future more market makers that come up with there own odds, but currently the mainly aggregate them from other markets.

thanks for the info and quick response, hopefully the games i want to bet on will be up in time for me to bet on them, getting tired of nitrogensports' problems and speeds.
but as magic stated before, having the ability to bet on multiple lines at a time as nitrogen allows would be a huge plus imo as well.
registered on here and the odds are definitely better by all means, i just wish the csgo matches were added sooner, still waiting to make my first wager on the site.

Welcome to Fairlay!
We try to avoid empty market or markets with bad odds. So we only add markets as soon as at least one of our market makers offers solid odds on the event. After that it is a free market...

i see, so as nitrogen seems to be having problems right now, there isnt a market for you to base your odds off of
so the matches will be added after one or more of your market sources adds the matches, correct?

That is correct. Hopefully we will have in the future more market makers that come up with there own odds, but currently the mainly aggregate them from other markets.

Welcome to Fairlay!

Welcome to Fairlay!
Here is my biggest and serious complaint so far - if you do cancel the prediction, i should be able to see it somewhere. Either on the list of suspected/canceled/resolved predictions or something like that. At the moment they are just, dissapearing?

You are right - in the "My predictions" view this filter setting is currently missing. We will add it very soon.
Here is my biggest and serious complaint so far - if you do cancel the prediction, i should be able to see it somewhere. Either on the list of suspected/canceled/resolved predictions or something like that. At the moment they are just, dissapearing?
Looks very decent so far.

Liking the odds, the cashout time, the 'grading' time. Depositing seems a little slow though.

One advantage that nitrogen offers over your site (for me personally) is how fast i can bet on multiple matches. There are times when they are so many lines up that i am interested it, that i just add about 10-15 straight bets into my beslip @nitrogen and bet on them all at once.

Here it would take more time, because every bet requires individual attention. Which is fine, because odds are better and stuff, but still something worth mentioning.

Thanks for the feedback - we will think about UI changes...
Looks very decent so far.

Liking the odds, the cashout time, the 'grading' time. Depositing seems a little slow though.

One advantage that nitrogen offers over your site (for me personally) is how fast i can bet on multiple matches. There are times when they are so many lines up that i am interested it, that i just add about 10-15 straight bets into my beslip @nitrogen and bet on them all at once.

Here it would take more time, because every bet requires individual attention. Which is fine, because odds are better and stuff, but still something worth mentioning.

Activity: 464
I think if it was perhaps 100 it would be better, although I agree it doesn't really matter.
Thanks you very much. We will fix the issues very soon.

On the limitation of 50 - we had speed in mind doing it. I guess for fetching all tags for example it is indeed annoying - we should just publish them somewhere together with category IDs. But for "normal" usage, don't you think 50 results is fine? Obviously we can change it...
There's a bug in your API: https://www.fairlay.com:443/api/v1/tags/485/events/ returns the same draw odds for all events.
Also the fact that only 50 results are displayed even in the API is a bit annoying.

Apart from draw odds being all wrong, most other odds are correct except some are randomly wrong too. For example the above link (on one of the pages), shows an open "no" outcome for Bayern vs Augsburg at like 2.5 odds, which is clearly not true.
There's a bug in your API: https://www.fairlay.com:443/api/v1/tags/485/events/ returns the same draw odds for all events.
Also the fact that only 50 results are displayed even in the API is a bit annoying.
Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.

You do not refresh your markets liability on your browsing pages.

This is your site bug, not on my side, do not suggest me anything (cookie, etc bullshits) , only fix it. thx

This is just to let you know, that this bug has been fixed.
So what is the wish for the next category? As mentioned earlier - our plan is to add one roughly every two weeks.
Pages:
Jump to: