Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 87. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
It happens, as long as they are corrected in a timely matter, it's not a huge deal.

I still have one outstanding correction, Sokol Krasnoyarsk vs. Izhstal Izhevsk U5 on 9-24. I haven't noticed any other wrong settlements.
Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.
It seems that our settlement feed returns wrong results more often than we thought.  We are in the process to deal with that matter. Sorry for the human errors that occured.  

In general, please report wrong settlements only 48 hours after the settlement date.

I am happy to report that Fairlay has now correctly graded 2 of my 3 incorrectly graded plays - thank you for doing that. I'll keep watching for the last one to be rectified, Fairlay has done exactly what they said they would do so far, that's a big plus in my book.
I can confirm that you were right. We will correct the bets asap.
For anyone curious, Fairlay has not yet resolved my three incorrectly graded matches...they did say 24-72 hours, I do have to say I am losing confidence in them by the hour. I hope they will do the right thing and grade my matches correctly.
Thanks for checking, I'll look for all three events to be re-graded....48 hours seems like a long time, but I do understand.
It seems you are right, that our current result is wrong - so please wait 48 hours for the automatic correction.
Wrong settlements happen very very rarely but if they happen, they will usually be corrected automatically within 24-72 hours.  

Regarding the match:  Our current result for this event is 2-3.  

You are dead wrong there -- the Sokol Krasnoyarsk vs. Izhstal Izhevsk was 2-2 at end of regulation, Izhstal won 3-2 in overtime.

In the Chelmet Chelyabinsk vs. Yuzhny Ural Orsk match, it was 3-3 at the end of regulation, Cheylabinsk won 4-3 in a shootout.

Please consult the VHL league homepage for confirmation....http://www.vhlru.ru/en/calendar/311/day/

Seems like all 3 should not have been missed, please correct.
Wrong settlements happen very very rarely but if they happen, they will usually be corrected automatically within 24-72 hours.  

Regarding the match:  Our current result for this event is 2-3.  

I no more hit "send" on the last message and I see you graded another event wrong.  I had Chelmet Chelyabinsk vs. Yuzhny Ural Orsk in Russian VHL as a draw, which it was 3-3 at end of regulation - a win, but you guys graded it as a loss. Please fix that one too, that's three misgraded events total today....
You guys graded two events of mine incorrectly....both occurred earlier today in the Russian VHL Hockey League.

I had Sokol Krasnoyarsk vs. Izhstal Izhevsk for a draw - it ended up being 2-2 at end of regulation, a winner but you guys graded it a loss
I also had Sokol Krasnoyarsk vs. Izhstal Izhevsk for Under 5 - it ended up being 2-2 at end of regulation, a winner but you guys graded as a push.

Please fix immediately - I also emailed support.
Hey, we already added the Handball markets on our backend. They will hopefully be filled with orders in the next 2 days so that we can display them on fairlay.
Activity: 569
Merit: 500
When will you add handball?

Handball id is 18  , it would take 5-60 minutes to add a new sport from pinnacle to your site

Badminton
        Baseball
        Basketball
        Boxing
        Cricket
        Curling
        Darts
        Darts (Legs)
        E Sports
        Floorball
        Football
        Futsal
        Golf
        Handball
        Hockey
        Horse Racing
        Mixed Martial Arts
        Other Sports
        Politics
        Rugby League
        Rugby Union
        Snooker
        Soccer
        Softball
        Squash
        Table Tennis
        Tennis
        Volleyball
        Volleyball (Points)
        Water Polo
        Aussie Rules
We were doing some major upgrades. Everything worked out fine and the server is online again.
There is no reason to be worried.  Our main goal right now is to grow our user base and available markets. Also, our site is still in beta - we would not feel comfortable to charge any fees for an unfinished site.
Many companies do not earn a penny in the first years - that doesn't mean they can't be successful.  In fact, there are plenty of options to earn money in the future.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT
Thanks for the responses.  I still don't understand the concept of the market makers.  Or more specifically, how is your website earning money if you aren't holding positions or taking a commission on the sports predictions?
Yes i also have the same doubt about fairplay. Why you are not taking any commision while depositing or in withdrawl? You guys are providing sportsbetting against users so what is the source of house income or site profit? I like the concept but found it little confusing.
Activity: 443
Merit: 250
We do take fee on all none sport predictions. Especially on those events where we have to resolve the event manually.

However - currently our main goal is to grow the userbase. On a regular bookie betting site for the single user it dosen't matter how many other users are active on this bookie. This is completely different for an exchange. An exchanges gets better for everyone on it if is grows (more liquidity, smaller spreads) So our strategy is to offer clearly the site with a)highest liquidity and b) highest odds.

If we get more users and more market makers on board we expect the spread to become even smaller. At this point we might introduce a very small fee. However - we will only do this if the odds are still clearly better than any bookie even if you deduct the fee from it.
Activity: 38
Thanks for the responses.  I still don't understand the concept of the market makers.  Or more specifically, how is your website earning money if you aren't holding positions or taking a commission on the sports predictions?
Activity: 443
Merit: 250
For our main market makers we also have a different rule regarding the reserving of funds.  They can put as many open orders as they want. The funds will be deducted from their balance before a bet is matched. If the market maker does not have enough funds, we will NOT match the bet.

Can you explain what the "main market makers" are?  Are you saying that in order for them to put out 50 different offers of 20 btc, they would only need a minimum balance of 20 BTC?  So if someone matched one of those offers for 20 btc, all the remaining offers for that specific "market maker" would be pulled?  Or would their offers still be displayed but a customer would be unable to complete a match with them?

Just to rephrase the answers before: We are very conservative with our security. That means for example that all deposits go directly into cold storage. Our server runs only a watch only wallet and can therefor credit the amount to the user. We only have a very small fraction of the user funds in a hot wallet. That is why withdrawals are only proceeded automatically up to 5BTC.

As mentioned before: we as Fairlay never are exposed to a betting risk: all bets are per to per.

Finally to answer your last question: Indeed the market maker only needs to have 20BTC deposited on our side to have a lot of open orders at 20BTC. If this 20BTC would be spend (matched in a bet) all other open orders would be "pulled" indeed. However - our market makers usually make sure that this never happens by depositing multiple times the limit of a single bet.
Activity: 38
For our main market makers we also have a different rule regarding the reserving of funds.  They can put as many open orders as they want. The funds will be deducted from their balance before a bet is matched. If the market maker does not have enough funds, we will NOT match the bet.

Can you explain what the "main market makers" are?  Are you saying that in order for them to put out 50 different offers of 20 btc, they would only need a minimum balance of 20 btc?  So if someone matched one of those offers for 20 btc, all the remaining offers for that specific "market maker" would be pulled?  Or would their offers still be displayed but a customer would be unable to complete a match with them?
Pages:
Jump to: