Pages:
Author

Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX - page 34. (Read 186171 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Yeah i see it too. Its actually a big no no to use doubles in the protocol level math. There is a reason why the code was designed that way, different compilers and systems can treat doubles differently (or so I have read) and this could lead to two different systems disagreeing over the math and forking. Its always better to use an int that is multiplied by 100 and then divide it by 100 at the end.

Will stand by for solution.

deleted my last comment. will just retype new stance now.

my point about truncating a double back to an int will always result in the same number is correct.
however, presstab is also correct that two systems can disagree over the math. It is the original int that causes the trouble. The conversion from int to double may result in the compiler rounding the int to another value if it thinks it is needed before converting it into a double. The closer you are to zero the less likely this int rounding is going to occur (that rule doesnt apply to values between 0 and 1 or between -1 and 0).

i did not know that the compiler would ever round the int off.

i found the answer here: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4296.pdf

will adjust code accordingly.

thanks for pointing this out. i need to go change something else i coded recently now too XD

NOTE: always feel free to make a commit and request a merge if you see something that should be changed
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!

There is a reason why the code was designed that way, different compilers and systems can treat doubles differently (or so I have read) and this could lead to two different systems disagreeing over the math and forking. Its always better to use an int that is multiplied by 100 and then divide it by 100 at the end.

I agree. Especially with:

Its always better to use an int that is multiplied by 100 and then divide it by 100 at the end.

Experience has taught me that whole numbers, float, real, etc. cause different results on different platforms.  That is why you only see integer math in finance and industrial process control calculations in 'qualified' code.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
My understanding is the push of the code to
the git has been done. If anyone is having a
problem compiling now, let Vegas know right away.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Ok I hate putting you guys through such quick updates Sad   Ok.. Please give me some time.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Yeah i see it too. Its actually a big no no to use doubles in the protocol level math. There is a reason why the code was designed that way, different compilers and systems can treat doubles differently (or so I have read) and this could lead to two different systems disagreeing over the math and forking. Its always better to use an int that is multiplied by 100 and then divide it by 100 at the end.

Activity: 393
Doesn't want to compile on linux.    src/main.cpp line 1305.   Doesn't like mix between floating point (double) and CBigNum which looks to be integer based.  Could static_cast to a long long but not sure if you will lose precision doing that.

possible solution:

CBigNum bnSubsidy = CBigNum(static_cast( nCoingAge * (posRate_13 / maxTimesPerYear_13)));

Also,  could change the definitions of  postRate_13 and maxTimesPerYear_13  to be "const".    Lots of warnings and side effects of current definitions.

-JK

Thanks for this, I've hit the same problem.

I'll try your suggestion. Cheers.

I am trying to build daemon and running into compile errors as well.  vegasguy could you please update source.  Thanks
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Doesn't want to compile on linux.    src/main.cpp line 1305.   Doesn't like mix between floating point (double) and CBigNum which looks to be integer based.  Could static_cast to a long long but not sure if you will lose precision doing that.

possible solution:

CBigNum bnSubsidy = CBigNum(static_cast( nCoingAge * (posRate_13 / maxTimesPerYear_13)));

Also,  could change the definitions of  postRate_13 and maxTimesPerYear_13  to be "const".    Lots of warnings and side effects of current definitions.

-JK

Thanks for this, I've hit the same problem.

I'll try your suggestion. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com

Flycoin wallet 2.4.2 (Mandatory update!!).

POS fix at block 90150 (VERY SOON!!!!)

Update NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Only change/fix is fixes the POS to pay 10%.

Vegas

Updated to 2.4.2 and it has been running very smooth so far.

Thanks,
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

possible solution:

-JK
legendary
im new to criptocurrency i have little question if i opend my fly wallet and stay online with network is there a any benefit for me.

Yes, to get the most benefits, you must have your wallet online and unlocked 24/7. Your first stake rewards wont start until 7 days.

Vegas
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
im new to criptocurrency i have little question if i opend my fly wallet and stay online with network is there a any benefit for me.
legendary

Flycoin wallet 2.4.2 (Mandatory update!!).

POS fix at block 90150 (VERY SOON!!!!)

Update NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Only change/fix is fixes the POS to pay 10%.

Vegas
legendary
Ill double check the pos rate again. I do agree, the math is way off. Ok im on it. Give us time to put a fix out. I may even consider a slightly higher POS% rate.

UPDATE: Ok.. We have looked at the code and there is certainly a major under calculation. It should be 10%, and is actually about .8%. So not even 1%. But we are fixing now. Thanks

Vegas
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Doesn't look like 10%,  more like 1%.    I have a block that last week generated 4.55 FLY,  this week  0.21.   

-JDK
legendary
The superblocks will be very frequent now, so its important to understand how they function. I just scored a 3x.. It looks like this....

Now this can be a bit confusing, because the top number is what triggered the superblock. Then it adds 2x more for a total of 3x. I would like to see this coded different and easier to read. So I will look into making just one transaction.

Also Ive even hit 100x superblock when the probability was near impossible:

The way we are structured now is 10% POS with very high superblock frequency. I need to see how this goes. I may tweak the numbers in the future and raise the POS to 20% , lets see how things go.

Vegas

legendary
yup, like midnight miner said, other coins go down and down and down. Fly has a stable price. As we continue development as we always have, we will add value. Now the superblocks have kicked in that should add some excitement. We are still working on our multipool, as well as flynode.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
It is good to see that development is still moving forward on Fly.

Compared to a younger coin I am hodling that has term deposits and the development is stagnant.  The price and market of this other coin is on a slippery slope down...
                               down...
                                           down...

whoa oh whoa.....

Keep up the good work Team Fly!

Midnight, tell the HODLers to go to Europecoin! Wink

but I see the same like you! Fly has an awesome team and never give up!

Greetz
Steve
Activity: 661
We only want the FACTS!
It is good to see that development is still moving forward on Fly.

Compared to a younger coin I am hodling that has term deposits and the development is stagnant.  The price and market of this other coin is on a slippery slope down...
                               down...
                                           down...

whoa oh whoa.....

Keep up the good work Team Fly!

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

V2.4.1

Ok guys new wallet release!!

Its a small fix, but its critical! Here is the explanation:

For a very long time, Ive noticed that the superblocks were not appearing as often as the probability said they should. I asked a few of the devs and they looked at it and said probability is fine. I asked Midnight miner to look at it, and he found a problem REALLY quickly. The problem was the superblock probability was only set to 1/10 of the probability stated. For example. If the probability was 10% , it really was 1%. So, thats what this fix does. Youll see superblocks appear in the transaction box with a special graphic. Upgrade asap as this change takes effect at block 90k.

Here are the new probabilities that will kick in in the next 800 blocks:

The new superblock probability will be DRASTICALLY raised at block 90k!!!

Multiplier of 2x = 40% Chance.

Multiplier of 3x = 20% Chance.

Multiplier of 5x = 12% Chance.

Multiplier of 10x = 4% Chance.

Multiplier of 20x = 2% Chance.

Multiplier of 50x = 1%Chance.

Multiplier of 100x = 0.04% Chance.

Vegas

KIS also block your file vegas, it detected as UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic. Is there something wrong with your build/code or it just false alarm? Thanks  Grin
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: