Pages:
Author

Topic: Food prices doubled this year - page 16. (Read 6688 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 276
November 21, 2020, 06:47:19 PM
For COVID-19, every country is facing a very very hard time. The pandemic situation makes us feel the humanities. But some of us still do business in this pandemic situation too. For example, we can take a look at food items. The price of food items getting almost doubled in this pandemic. We have nothing to do because if we want to live we have to eat. For that, we need to buy food items and they are doing business with us.
This is just a simple trade logic, Covid-19 doesn't play a major role here.  However food items sellers increased their goods since the lockdown began. It is as as result of low production to carter for the welfare of a large population.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
November 21, 2020, 01:19:27 PM
therefore at least we must try to be rich and of course to make it happen, we have to work so that we can have income, whereas for a pandemic, no one is ready, it's just that the rich are very lucky because they already have very large deposits of money. a lot and the need for food is fulfilled, so keep the enthusiasm to work to become a rich person.

Yes, that's right, those of us who are not as fortunate as those who are rich, must be really careful about managing finances during this pandemic.  Trying to be rich is our way of getting rid of financial burdens that keep causing headaches.  Don't just work hard, you have to work smart too.  Working hard without stopping will not guarantee someone will be rich.  How many people who have worked hard for years in the company, but are not rich, are currently experiencing financial difficulties because they were laid off.
Good point, well made. But you need to understand the difference between working hard and being stubborn because working in the same office doing the same job with full determination is good but it is rather stubborn than being hard working. Working hard means you always improve yourself by adding new skillset and try to switch companies with the added skills and expect a bigger paycheck than the next company.

One who does not change or improve with time faces tough challenges in life. Right now people who made adjustments and started working online easily handled the situation while people who tried to find a new job offline but didn't bothered to change their style of working like switching to online work or finding some smaller job are struggling and they are hard working no doubt, but stubborn and deep into their comfort zone.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
November 20, 2020, 11:14:48 AM
Not sure which surplus country you are living but globally every country is feeling the pandemic and there is a shortage of products and if you are having shortage the price rises naturally and how come you are not aware of these natural process.

European country. Our country produces only a small part of products we have on the shelves, most are imported. Our major retail operators, thus majority of food are imported. We do have local warehouses, but still they are smaller, much smaller than in retailers home country.

I've seen products shortage only in March, when people went crazy buying toiler paper, rice, canned food.

Lets take most popular food. Milk, bread, eggs, rice. Milk prices are from 0.90 euro, bread ~1 euro, eggs 1 euro per 10, rice 0,85 euro for 4x125g pack. Last year prices were if not the same, but less than 5 cents lower. I dont see any "doubled" in food shops.
Activity: 328
Merit: 2
November 20, 2020, 10:22:14 AM
When i have time i go to local market to check prices

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled
Meat prices around 30% increase
Grain products around 20% increase

And my country  is a exporter of food products

How is it in your country ? Same ?

----------------------

My country is Romania

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/food-supply-fears-are-growing-as-romania-bans-grain-exports

We tried to ban exports of grain ,but stupid EU intervened...

Even here in our country almost all items including vegetables, fruits, meat, grains, dried goods and other necessities are now increasing the price. I was surprised when I buy vegetables, it almost triple the price now in the market. Is it still cause of pandemic?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
November 20, 2020, 09:50:50 AM
therefore at least we must try to be rich and of course to make it happen, we have to work so that we can have income, whereas for a pandemic, no one is ready, it's just that the rich are very lucky because they already have very large deposits of money. a lot and the need for food is fulfilled, so keep the enthusiasm to work to become a rich person.

Yes, that's right, those of us who are not as fortunate as those who are rich, must be really careful about managing finances during this pandemic.  Trying to be rich is our way of getting rid of financial burdens that keep causing headaches.  Don't just work hard, you have to work smart too.  Working hard without stopping will not guarantee someone will be rich.  How many people who have worked hard for years in the company, but are not rich, are currently experiencing financial difficulties because they were laid off.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
November 19, 2020, 06:42:39 PM
One of the reality on where there are people who are rich which can really sustain up themselves even on this pandemic and thats one of the truth and
even if you do say that its just dumb to spend up then theres nothing you can do since its their money after all.Theres always some rich people
who can afford to do things amidsts of this pandemic but for us average earners then its just unwise to make up unnecessary spendings
and rather focus it out on saving it up for future purposes if you dont like to have some headaches later on on how to survive.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
November 19, 2020, 06:35:37 PM

Prices are rising both in Ukraine and in Russia.  Simultaneously with the rise in prices and the fall in incomes, the expenses of people are also reduced.  This is a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

People do not travel, do not go to visit, do not dine in cafes and restaurants. 

Worst of all, most people will no longer be able to return to their old way of life when the pandemic is over.  Their real incomes have plummeted.  The middle class has been destroyed all over the planet.  Most people are poor now.

If there are still people who are drowning in the extravagance of going on trips, eating in restaurants, and visiting other countries today it is people who are too rich or ignorant people. During this pandemic, we all have to keep on saving, so that our savings are not drained due to increased burdens but reduced income. Prioritize needs over desires now, so that in the future you will not experience shock due to financial problems.
One of the reality on where there are people who are rich which can really sustain up themselves even on this pandemic and thats one of the truth and
even if you do say that its just dumb to spend up then theres nothing you can do since its their money after all.Theres always some rich people
who can afford to do things amidsts of this pandemic but for us average earners then its just unwise to make up unnecessary spendings
and rather focus it out on saving it up for future purposes if you dont like to have some headaches later on on how to survive.
legendary
Merit: 1023
November 19, 2020, 06:10:51 PM
Have you calculated “how much it will cost you to produce things, buy some machinary fro production, getting all testes and sertificates” vs “buying imported item”? Some times its is cheaper to buy already created item, then spend time creating by yourself.
There is nothing wrong in importing goods and services from other countries but if you start relying on basic necessity like agriculture then you should expect the price to rise according to the global demands and if you lack in local production of that product then you are forced to pay a higher tariff.

I have noticed, that prices are higher than they were a year ago. But the price ie not doubled. Food is a bit more expensive. Clothes, technics, and other goods are sold with discounts. For services, it is also easy to get a discount.
Frankly, I dont feel that prices are doubled.
Not sure which surplus country you are living but globally every country is feeling the pandemic and there is a shortage of products and if you are having shortage the price rises naturally and how come you are not aware of these natural process.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
November 19, 2020, 06:00:14 PM
We're actually experiencing the same thing in our country. The lockdowns and restrictions have made the exporting and importing of goods difficult for us and it made lots of products including foods double its price. We can't blame the manufacturers and sellers because all of us are experiencing the same struggle during this pandemic. We also had lots of natural disasters that made a huge negative impact on our economy as well. I just hope that things would get better for everyone who is trying to live and to survive life during this situation.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
November 19, 2020, 11:04:27 AM

Prices are rising both in Ukraine and in Russia.  Simultaneously with the rise in prices and the fall in incomes, the expenses of people are also reduced.  This is a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Worst of all, most people will no longer be able to return to their old way of life when the pandemic is over.  Their real incomes have plummeted.  The middle class has been destroyed all over the planet.  Most people are poor now.

If there are still people who are drowning in the extravagance of going on trips, eating in restaurants, and visiting other countries today it is people who are too rich or ignorant people. During this pandemic, we all have to keep on saving, so that our savings are not drained due to increased burdens but reduced income. Prioritize needs over desires now, so that in the future you will not experience shock due to financial problems.
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
November 19, 2020, 08:47:48 AM
For COVID-19, every country is facing a very very hard time. The pandemic situation makes us feel the humanities. But some of us still do business in this pandemic situation too. For example, we can take a look at food items. The price of food items getting almost doubled in this pandemic. We have nothing to do because if we want to live we have to eat. For that, we need to buy food items and they are doing business with us.
legendary
Merit: 1696
November 19, 2020, 07:37:15 AM

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled

----------------------

My country is Romania

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/food-supply-fears-are-growing-as-romania-bans-grain-exports

We tried to ban exports of grain ,but stupid EU intervened...

legendary
November 19, 2020, 07:12:42 AM
Have you calculated “how much it will cost you to produce things, buy some machinary fro production, getting all testes and sertificates” vs “buying imported item”? Some times its is cheaper to buy already created item, then spend time creating by yourself.

Some products are more than doubled but some are usual inflation rate which is ~30%.
Technological products got new tax for example. Regular person normally could buy a new Playstation when it arrives even with a minimum wage job but now nobody can touch a PS5, prices skyrocketed.
USD/TRY (Turkish Lira) parity also almost doubled. For that situation you'd expect more export and less import but it's not exactly working like that.

Then everything depends on the country. In my country prices on food had increased for less than 10%. We had no new taxes (sadly we had no any discounts or reductions on the current).

Price on electronics, fashion and etc decreased. Because sellers have a lot of good in stock and need to pay rent, that is why alot sell goods for reduced price. (we do not have ps5 on the sale atm, but new ps4 price starts from 300 euro, and 150 for used one without games).

Import is dead (it was weak even before covid-19, and lockdown simply finished it). Export - also decreased due to closed borders.

Prices for private property started to grow again, but they grow all the time.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
November 19, 2020, 12:16:21 AM
Hello.  My country is Turkey.  The situation is the same with us.  Prices doubled in local markets.  While it used to be a self-sufficient country in agriculture, we now import agricultural products from abroad.  life is expensive.  As the dollar appreciated more than the Turkish lira, technological products were also more expensive.  salaries depreciated.  I think this pandemic has badly affected the economy globally.
Same here in the Philippines, almost everything in the market are so expensive and even condiments like onions, ginger etc the price is so expensive. Almost every one of us in any parts of the world are suffering because of unemployment effect on the virus to us, sadly two consecutive strong storms came here. People are really struggling with the situation, but there is nothing to do but pray and keep on hoping for the betterment.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
November 18, 2020, 03:54:06 PM

Some products are more than doubled but some are usual inflation rate which is ~30%.
Technological products got new tax for example. Regular person normally could buy a new Playstation when it arrives even with a minimum wage job but now nobody can touch a PS5, prices skyrocketed.
USD/TRY (Turkish Lira) parity also almost doubled. For that situation you'd expect more export and less import but it's not exactly working like that.
legendary
November 18, 2020, 03:33:53 PM
There is not much difference in Turkey. We are agriculturally rich country but still import some things instead of produce our own. Government don't give any help to farmers and such.

I have noticed, that prices are higher than they were a year ago. But the price ie not doubled. Food is a bit more expensive. Clothes, technics, and other goods are sold with discounts. For services, it is also easy to get a discount.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
November 18, 2020, 03:27:49 PM

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled

There is not much difference in Turkey. We are agriculturally rich country but still import some things instead of produce our own. Government don't give any help to farmers and such.
Inflation was a big problem even before covid, now the situation is going worse everyday. They manipulate numbers but can't hide facts. People are desperate and lose hope. Government has some thoughts about reform packages but they are in charge for 18 years, nobody believe them anymore.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
November 18, 2020, 08:57:35 AM
it is quite reasonable if the price of foodstuffs is quite expensive because considering all activities are limited, sometimes many people are frustrated because food ingredients are quite expensive in my country, only a few months, expensive food ingredients are quite increased once I myself was surprised and quite surprised why it could be that expensive, the cheapest vegetables also suddenly rise. Currently, the price of food and vegetables has returned to normal prices.
Activity: 1292
Merit: 101
Vave.com
November 18, 2020, 08:53:11 AM

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled

And my country is a exporter of food products

Almost everything in the market increasing except the salary and because of this pandemic many people lost their job and other still work under time. How much they can get? Is't enough to support their daily needs? I think it's a big NO. Hoping that government will do something to provide solution for peoples needs specially the basic needs that increasing it's price. The government must do something to support the agriculture which is the primary source of foods to supply the country. 
Same here as well .A lots of crisis are being made in this pandemic situation .People are become jobless and the prices of food are increasing .I have seen lots people lost their job even in my factor which is a textile company .If there is no solution about vaccine we can meet more trouble in future .
Activity: 476
Merit: 31
November 18, 2020, 06:56:12 AM
Hello.  My country is Turkey.  The situation is the same with us.  Prices doubled in local markets.  While it used to be a self-sufficient country in agriculture, we now import agricultural products from abroad.  life is expensive.  As the dollar appreciated more than the Turkish lira, technological products were also more expensive.  salaries depreciated.  I think this pandemic has badly affected the economy globally.
Pages:
Jump to: