Pages:
Author

Topic: Forget about exchanger search! Use BestChange! - page 9. (Read 12043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1122
Merit: 2039
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Join the affiliate program of BestChange

Collaborating with our monitor, you can earn up to $0.65 from each attracted client and withdraw the funds from $1. It is especially profitable for the owners of popular websites or topics, and also for the active participants of forums.

You will receive rewards for the following actions of your referrals:

● first visit of the monitor;
● first usage of the website;
● return in 3, 7, 14 etc. up to;
● 120 days;
● percentage from earning of your referrals;

The reward is credited in dollars and is paid to various e-wallets: yooMoney, QIWI, Payeer, Perfect Money, ADVcash, as well as in BTC cryptocurrency. The effectiveness of your earning depends on the promotion quality. Tell others about the benefits of our monitor, there are truly lots of them. Join the program to have an additional income from BestChange.

legendary
Multiple leaks happened to biggest centralized exchanges, and third parties that work with them or with hardware wallets, so we know for a fact this happened before.
If Binance and others that probably have most money and best security practices, than I am sure it can happen to small exchanges with shady or unclear privacy polices and practices.
For some people it would also be a problem that foreign government agencies can get a hold of their customer information and use that against them.

The thing is, that comparison of small local services in our listing with large international exchanges is not very correct. Data leaks you are talking about are oftentimes connected specifically with large international projects. At the same time, we can state that there have been no noticeable hacks of small local exchange services in recent years.

We do not claim that the security systems of small services are better than those of large international projects, this would be untrue. But it is obvious that they have different principles of work and methods of conducting verifications, exchangers simply may not store the received data after verification, and there are much fewer reasons to hack a small local site instead of an international project.

Although we agree that such risks still exist and cannot be ignored.We reiterate that we will try to influence the administration of the resources from our listing so that they become even more concerned about the security of the stored information or do not store extended data at all unnecessarily.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
It would be short-sighted to keep such information longer than the period necessary for verification and also to store it in storage with constant access to the network. We do not monitor the internal policies of exchangers, however, we are also not aware of any high-profile leaks.
Multiple leaks happened to biggest centralized exchanges, and third parties that work with them or with hardware wallets, so we know for a fact this happened before.
If Binance and others that probably have most money and best security practices, than I am sure it can happen to small exchanges with shady or unclear privacy polices and practices.
For some people it would also be a problem that foreign government agencies can get a hold of their customer information and use that against them.
legendary
how reliable is this verification method?
in the case of credit card verification, complete KYC is mandatory, right? Otherwise, a stolen card can be verified very easily.

This is one of the methods, most widely used, but not a single one.

It is used due to the business specifics and is mainly aimed at avoiding a widespread fraud scheme, the so-called “triangle”, when the victim is fraudulently asked to transfer funds to the details of the exchanger and receive cryptocurrency for this from an unsuspecting exchanger, framing it before law enforcement agencies when this fraud is revealed.

allowing editing due to blurring of the expiring date opens up the possibility of manipulation for someone with skills in photoshop, for example.

As a rule, the integrity of the image is checked, and interference with any parts other than valid numbers will be revealed during the check. But often, operators are asked to close the numbers physically (with a finger, a sheet of paper) in order to analyze also the complete lack of editing in the meta-data of the image.

They don't have to abuse this personal information, but that can also happen because you can't guarantee it won't, however there is high probability that sometime in future this data can be hacked.
We don't know who exactly is storing this data. We don't know who exactly is using this data and if they are sharing it with other third parties. We don't know anything.

It would be short-sighted to keep such information longer than the period necessary for verification and also to store it in storage with constant access to the network. We do not monitor the internal policies of exchangers, however, we are also not aware of any high-profile leaks. Thank you for your comment, perhaps we should issue recommendations for the administration of these resources so that they take your comments into account when storing and processing critical data.

Hiding expiry date and CVC is not a bad idea, but I bet many people are not doing it or they are not doing it correctly.

Unfortunately, we cannot predict this or somehow influence financial literacy, except for such posts.
legendary
Cashback 15%
This data can be transferred confidently, and they will not give potential scammers any benefit even if something happens to the exchanger.
However, you need to blur the expiry date and the CVC code on the card if it is written on the same side. You don’t have to provide the back side of the card.
They don't have to abuse this personal information, but that can also happen because you can't guarantee it won't, however there is high probability that sometime in future this data can be hacked.
We don't know who exactly is storing this data. We don't know who exactly is using this data and if they are sharing it with other third parties. We don't know anything.
Hiding expiry date and CVC is not a bad idea, but I bet many people are not doing it or they are not doing it correctly.
I would not use any exchanges that ask me to send them something like this.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
- A photo of the card with the exchanger’s website or its URL in the background.

Card verification is required to confirm that you own the card to make life harder for fraudsters that use the payment assets of others.

How SAFE is it?

This data can be transferred confidently, and they will not give potential scammers any benefit even if something happens to the exchanger.
However, you need to blur the expiry date and the CVC code on the card if it is written on the same side. You don’t have to provide the back side of the card.

how reliable is this verification method?
in the case of credit card verification, complete KYC is mandatory, right? Otherwise, a stolen card can be verified very easily.
allowing editing due to blurring of the expiring date opens up the possibility of manipulation for someone with skills in photoshop for example.
legendary
💳 Why is card verification in an exchanger required?

BestChange always tries to warn users if some exchangers request verification of a bank card. This is marked as a green circle sign with a schematic card next to the name of the exchanger.

What data is required:
- Card number (or, at least, the first and the last four digits).
- Name of the cardholder.
- A photo of the card with the exchanger’s website or its URL in the background.

Card verification is required to confirm that you own the card to make life harder for fraudsters that use the payment assets of others.

How SAFE is it?

Exchange at lucrative rates at BestChange.com

legendary
What exchange directions are there on BestChange?

Our monitor aggregates information from over two hundred reliable exchangers which support thousands of payment directions. Among them, there are both standard and very rare ones. We are confident that any user with the help of BestChange will be able to find an exchange way according to their needs, and if not, you can always use an additional option of “Double exchange”.

Payment methods options and their examples:

- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Tether).

- Electronic payment systems (Yoo Money, QIWI, WebMoney, Payeer).

- Cryptocurrency exchange codes (EXMO, Binance, Kuna).

- Banks (Sberbank, Tinkoff, Privat 24) and cards Visa/MasterCard of any banks.

- Money transfers (Western Union, Golden Crown).

- Cash.

It is convenient to use the “Popular” tab — it contains the most popular destinations at the moment, and you can select the one you need in one click. The indicator of the dynamics of the popularity of the exchange means how much this indicator has increased or decreased over the past 24 hours.

legendary
On the website BestChange, you can find a pleasant function — a bitcoin-faucet. If you “play” with it, you can receive satoshis to your wallet. The wallet is completely safe, it does not have ads and it does not redirect to other sites.

A quick instruction on how to use it:
- On the buttom on the left of the page, under the section of payment directions, you can easily find information about the BTC-faucet.
- Then you enter the address of your crypto wallet and solve captcha.
- Then you need to click the button “Claim free bitcoins”; afterwards to the ballance pegged to your wallet, from 1 to 100 satoshi will be credited. The next attempt can be made in 60 minutes.
- After you collect 1000 satoshi, you can withdraw them to your wallet.

We are happy to support this function and do not ask anything in return!
Visit BestChange
legendary
- Negative reviews are made into claims, to lift which the exchanger must solve the problem and notify the user about it.
What happens if the exchanger ignores it? Would it turn into red and affect their rating/review counter?

We do not keep in our rating exchangers with open financial claims. But while the issue is being examined, if there is no threat to the others, it can keep working. However, if the risks of deceiving other users exist, we exclude this exchanger from the rating.

If we speak about the preventing effect of deceiving users, the risk of losing access to the millions of visitors of our website remains a sufficient factor for the majority to prevent crimes from their side.

BTW, last month I wanted to ask you about a "specific case", but while I was waiting for them to respond, I completely forgot the whole case until I read your post, so I was wondering what happens to exchangers that run such contests to inflate their ratings and climb the "ladder"?

As for the promotional activities of the exchangers, these are not forbidden by our rules. Such activities cannot harm users. We do not forbid them and track only fake and made-up stories in the reviews; if real people make real exchanges and have real experiences, there is nothing bad if they are additionally stimulated to make a review about their positive experience. The specifics of human behaviour are such that without additional stimuli, we rarely provide feedback if everything went well and only write complaints when something happens.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
- Negative reviews are made into claims, to lift which the exchanger must solve the problem and notify the user about it.
What happens if the exchanger ignores it? Would it turn into red and affect their rating/review counter?

BTW, last month I wanted to ask you about a "specific case", but while I was waiting for them to respond, I completely forgot the whole case until I read your post, so I was wondering what happens to exchangers that run such contests to inflate their ratings and climb the "ladder"?
legendary
💬 Are reviews on BestChange real?

Let’s talk about where it’s best to look for reviews about exchangers. The website of an exchanger is no good for this purpose — there is a possibility that negative reviews are simply deleted there. It’s best to study independent third-party sites. Information on various forums and social networks can also be unreliable: good reviews are easy to buy, and bad ones are also bought — but by competitors.

So, why Its’ recommended checking reviews specifically on BestChange:

- The creator of the review must confirm it by email, so the possibility of fake automated reviews is excluded.

-The content of all reviews is checked to make sure there is no speculations and slander in them. Reviews of advertising nature are not allowed.

Don’t forget to write reviews about exchangers you use yourself. This is an invaluable help to other users, especially when it comes to a service that has recently appeared on BestChange.

legendary
Why does exchange rate float?

When selecting an exchanger on our website, always pay attention to the mark “This exchanger does not fix the rate at the moment of order creation.” It will mean the following:

- The selected currency pair is very volatile. It is exactly then the exchanger sets a small term of the order or a maximally allowed percent of deviation in order to protect itself from the risk of sharp fluctuations in the exchange rate.

- If the deal takes a considerable amount of time, for example, with cash. In this case, the exchanger will re-calculate the amount at the rate that takes place at the moment of the deal completion.

- We would like to clarify one moment when exchangers set a certaine time limit for the rate fixing. If the order has not been paid within this timeframe, then the fixing is cancelled. Also, sometimes the rate is reviewed only after considerable change of the market rate of the currency.

Visit the website to find the most favorable exchange rate on BestChange.com

https://www.bestchange.com

legendary
In order to withdraw pseudo-anonymous bitcoin to the bank card, to open which you told everything about your life? If you don’t buy for cash, we have bad news for you — if somebody gets interested in you, you will be traced by your account details without additional verifications.
That's still not a reason to hand over KYC documents to many different websites. It's the opposite: share it as little as possible.
I'm not hiding from my bank, nor from my government. I'm hiding from the rest of the internet.

This is a good point, but as long as there is no way to verify your identity without providing confidential information to each of the services, you have to provide KYC documents to each exchanger separately, same was to each bank separately.

Perhaps, in the future there will be developed a sole verification operator which will be able to act as a mediator, confirming your identity without transferring your personal data to the third party but simply saying, “he is he”. But so long as this product is not implemented, we have to work with what we have.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
In order to withdraw pseudo-anonymous bitcoin to the bank card, to open which you told everything about your life? If you don’t buy for cash, we have bad news for you — if somebody gets interested in you, you will be traced by your account details without additional verifications.
That's still not a reason to hand over KYC documents to many different websites. It's the opposite: share it as little as possible.
I'm not hiding from my bank, nor from my government. I'm hiding from the rest of the internet.
legendary
I can pay anyone with cash or bitcoin without any KYC crap, and there will be no trace who made payments.

Of course, and this is right. If you pay in bitcoin for goods and services, most often, you won’t be asked to go through KYC-procedures. But if you transfer bitcoin into fiat, exactly at this moment, at the “point of entry”, they are obliged to ask for your data. Here is your choice, either to day in the “world of blockchain” or to go to fiat, but disclose your data.

We don’t see a problem here. We wrote about it higher up.

I'm still using instant exchangers without KYC, and that works just fine.

legendary
Do you have a bank account or do you use exclusively cash? Don’t you fly by plane? Don’t you order food delivery etc.? Why do you have such a biased attitude to KYC from crypto projects, although statistically there are more data leaks in other businesses, including from banks themselves or their partners.
I'm not worried about someone using my bank account to order a plane ticket, they'll get caught at the airport.
If, however, someone uses my bank account to buy Bitcoin, the money is gone.
Ordering food or many other items doesn't require any of my documents. I pay, and they ship my order to the address I gave them. That's much less of a privacy invasion than foreign entities that ask for documents without even sharing their own identity.

Not to mention social media and services.
My computer can't even access social media Wink

Data leaks of the passed KYC procedures are terrible! But what can you offer as an alternative? “Nothing" is not an answer, it is an unrealizable dream.
I'm still using instant exchangers without KYC, and that works just fine.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Do you have a bank account or do you use exclusively cash? Don’t you fly by plane? Don’t you order food delivery etc.? Why do you have such a biased attitude to KYC from crypto projects, although statistically there are more data leaks in other businesses, including from banks themselves or their partners. Not to mention social media and services.
I pay with cash most of the times including for food deliveries and anything else, and nobody can ''hack'' my cash payment anywhere.
Only time I buy something with digital fiat money is when I buy stuff from online from other countries and continents.

Data leaks of the passed KYC procedures are terrible! But what can you offer as an alternative? “Nothing" is not an answer, it is an unrealizable dream.
Sure there is alternative, I can pay anyone with cash or bitcoin without any KYC crap, and there will be no trace who made payments.
KYC leaks on fiat bankster system is  happening much less, but don't you watch they are trying to announce global cyber attacks for some time, so I don't see why would I defend this system in any way.

In the world of blockchain, you will be blamed for all the crimes that the coin that came to the exchange from your wallet managed to get into.
Not if they don't know identity that is connected with addresses I used, or if I am like CZ kissing ass to regulators.

This is a problem, and it needs to be solved. Ignoring strategy is a stupid one. When the officers of the secret service come to you, it will no longer be possible to close your eyes with your hands and say "There is no ''clean'' and ''dirty'' Bitcoin" so that they simply dissolve.
They won't come for anyone if KYC verification is not done, and I didn't say we should close our eyes, but we shouldn't openly support this narrative.

You criticize existing practices but do not propose a solution except to ignore laws because "crypto is above the law." This does not benefit the community and does not bring us closer to the protected alternative to the outdated KYC.
I gave you one working alternative people use now, but you decided to close your eyes, and made up some excuses, like it's not really decentralized etc.
legendary
How would you react if your card details (or close relatives and friends) were stolen and used to buy crypto on the p2p trading alternatives and decentralized exchanges like Bisq that don't have any KYC verification procedures? I don't know if there is any protection against this on platforms like Bisq.
That's even more reason not to go through KYC. A criminal who gains access could use your own bank account and your own exchange account to buy Bitcoin and disappear.

Do you have a bank account or do you use exclusively cash? Don’t you fly by plane? Don’t you order food delivery etc.? Why do you have such a biased attitude to KYC from crypto projects, although statistically there are more data leaks in other businesses, including from banks themselves or their partners. Not to mention social media and services.

Data leaks of the passed KYC procedures are terrible! But what can you offer as an alternative? “Nothing" is not an answer, it is an unrealizable dream. Today it is the basis of the modern economy. So far, they have not come up with another way to evaluate confidence in counterparties; to say that "we will not go through KYC, because Satoshi Nakomoto bequeathed it to us", these are stupid things or reasoning of young maximalists.

There is no ''clean'' and ''dirty'' Bitcoin on Bisq, all Bitcoin is equal.
Can you guarantee that FBI or Russian FSB won't break in someone doors using exchangers listed on Best Change website?
This was never reported to happen with Bisq and you can always choose how you want to receive fiat money, face to face cash or something else.

We spoke not about “dirty” bitcoins but about a “dirty” transfer of fiat currency. Although the problem of “dirt” is relevant for both ecosystems. But in the world of fiat currencies, it’s easier to prove your non-participation in a conditional bank robbery, even if you paid with marked bills. In the world of blockchain, you will be blamed for all the crimes that the coin that came to the exchange from your wallet managed to get into.

This is a problem, and it needs to be solved. Ignoring strategy is a stupid one. When the officers of the secret service come to you, it will no longer be possible to close your eyes with your hands and say "There is no ''clean'' and ''dirty'' Bitcoin" so that they simply dissolve.

You criticize existing practices but do not propose a solution except to ignore laws because "crypto is above the law." This does not benefit the community and does not bring us closer to the protected alternative to the outdated KYC.
legendary
How would you react if your card details (or close relatives and friends) were stolen and used to buy crypto on the p2p trading alternatives and decentralized exchanges like Bisq that don't have any KYC verification procedures? I don't know if there is any protection against this on platforms like Bisq.
That's even more reason not to go through KYC. A criminal who gains access could use your own bank account and your own exchange account to buy Bitcoin and disappear.
Pages:
Jump to: