Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 15. (Read 2406788 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 976
Thanks, very interesting post, but it is very hard to get Merit

If you have to say that it's hard to earn merit here, then you never will.

There are so many threads dedicated to teaching you how to earn merits. All you need to do is look for them and follow the advice given.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Thanks, very interesting post, but it is very hard to get Merit
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
I came to this forum to learn more about bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies. Its cool that they have all these different types of ranks and that you can monitor your progress and compare it to others as well. I guess to be a Hero or Legendary means that you are suppose to have more knowledge and experience than the newbie. So it is always good to check the rank when seeking advise on this forum. are there any benefits involved if you have a higher ranking. where can I find out more about this. This forum is  a good place to find lots of useful information in making decisions.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Why is it very hard to get merit on bitcointalk. I have been trying to participate in several topics and discussion but I have not gotten even a single merit. Sometimes it makes me feel depress

Never ask for merit; just read more and more.   Read financial news relating to crypto / bitcoin.  Increase your knowledge level by reading in and outside the forum.
After getting  knowledge; use this for the benefit of yourself and for the benefit of others.  Try to solve the problem asked, issues raised by any member.   Your positive work will definitely pay you something.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
seriously need to get to the next rank full member

Almost all of your posts are in the Altcoin section, 2/3 of these posts are for joining bounties so It make a lot of sense. Why would anyone give you merit for posting your participation?

Besides, don't expect much in the altcoin section in general, people don't even even read posts there.
oh ok
What is your suggestion that can help me

Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusersat and then look at the post histories of the accounts you find there.
People award merit to posts that they find useful or informative. You might need to be here for some time and put a lot of effort into learning about Bitcoin before you are in a position to write anything that is likely to be viewed like that.
Activity: 101
Merit: 3

Almost all of your posts are in the Altcoin section, 2/3 of these posts are for joining bounties so It make a lot of sense. Why would anyone give you merit for posting your participation?

Besides, don't expect much in the altcoin section in general, people don't even even read posts there.
I do agree with most of your comments. But I must say getting merits as a newbie or a Jr member with even 200 activity is very very difficult. There must be a system put into place that would allow users with 50 to 100 activity to gain 1 merit point for doing so up until they reach 500 activity which would mean they earn between 10 to 20 activity points and in doing so, they will hopefully merit another member who has a good point they have made or a good post they have created. Your points are right but if you look closely at this thread the only members that have received rewards are those who already are full member to legendary and only a hand full of other members have received them. Most members with 1000+ merits act like kings and queens of bitcointalk and rarely give out coins to the average user unless they are a friend or something or another. Of course they have every right to do so because they have earned the points and have worked hard for them in most cases but see for yourself, check other posts and threads. I'm not attacking legendary members or anything of that nature but the proof is in the pudding. Check for yourself.
Activity: 206

oh ok
What is your suggestion that can help me
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

Why is it very hard to get merit on bitcointalk. I have been trying to participate in several topics and discussion but I have not gotten even a single merit. Sometimes it makes me feel depress
There's an easy fix/solution for that = Don't/never expect receiving something that's subjective (merits).
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
There's an easy fix/solution for that = Don't/never expect receiving something that's subjective (merits).
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
hey Smiley
if im offline or do not post anything for a few days or maybe weeks do i lose my ranking and my activity level?
thanks for your answer xD

Like TryNinja said, you won't lose anything but it's worth mentioning that in your current case (activity = posts), If your posts get deleted, you'll lose activity and possibly your rank.
Activity: 17
really important and essential this information, more if you are a newcomer like me that starts in this world, my recommendation for newbies, a lot of patience and perseverance, with troubles will not achieve anything good, blessings to all.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
if im offline or do not post anything for a few days or maybe weeks do i lose my ranking and my activity level?
No. You don't lose anything for inactivity.
Activity: 30
hey Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
At what rank can users upload an avatar?
You're in the correct thread, but you seem to not read the main post. Please do so now to be more aware about the ranks/positions/badges. Trust me, you'll see the answer to your question too in there.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1861412

EDIT: Oh, @TryNinja already gave the answer
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
At what rank can users upload an avatar?
Full Member. It's right at the end of the thread.

Read first, ask later.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
What's the gold coin for?

The hardest part in bitcointalk is to figure out yourself some simple things or to read at least the last posts made in the last page that answers your question...
I want to know what is the gold coin Huh?
It doesn't have monetary value/worth attach to it (if that's what you were hoping for) but instead, it's just for a way to show each rank in a different way.
Activity: 57
I just want to ask how to level up my position from newbie - Jr member
Question asked 7 messages up, answered 6 messages up.
Activity: 12
I just want to ask how to level up my position from newbie - Jr member
Pages:
Jump to: