Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 18. (Read 2432040 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
I couldn't understand why i kept being a "noob" ..lol,, Finally i googled it... duh..
Hehe Smiley For anyone who also can't figure out what noob actually means, here's one concise definition.
Noob : a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.

Keep browsing this forum, folks, ask around and you'll get out of that league in no time!
Activity: 28
I couldn't understand why i kept being a "noob" ..lol,, Finally i googled it... duh..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
well I have Activity: 154 but my rank still Jr why ?
Don't quote the whole thing (edit your post, it's annoying). The answer to your question is in the first three lines ("READ").

We also need 10 merits to level up to member.😭
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
We also need 10 merits to level up to member.😭
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
    edit: so i went over there, and the quality of discussion is in fact far better but i am not allowed to post there.
    Looks like you forgot to read the rules for those sections (the one that I linked). You're allowed to post in "Serious Discussion" but not on the other one (Ivory Tower).
    - ex. The "OP of this thread" is a Jr. member (like you).

the merit system is too heavily biased against new members it is too difficult to garner merit. i dont think the merit system should be changed necessarily, but the merit requirements need to come way down.[/list]
    I have to disagree since it's subjective (what you see as "high quality post [merit worthy]", might not be the same for someone else).
    Activity: 700
    Merit: 251
    Hey so is there somewhere I can find how often the activity is updated I know it is every 2 weeks usually but from what day to what day?
    Hopefully this will help you
    period = 14 days and it starts on Tuesday, for more information when it will start exactly : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA/htmlview?pli=1
    Activity: 83
    Merit: 3
    Hey so is there somewhere I can find how often the activity is updated I know it is every 2 weeks usually but from what day to what day?
    Activity: 92
    As far as I have seen nearly every sub-forum on btc talk is a giant spam-fest w/ very little in the way of actual discussion.

Could someone point me to the sub-forums where the grown-ups hang out? Legitimately asking, not being facetious.
      - Read its rules.

Hi dia. Thank you fir the detail. I am at activity 63 but still Jr. Member. What could be the problem?
      YOU (not reading the very first part of this thread, before asking the question):

Ranks

Update on 2/3/18: Merit points are now added
      In addition to the activity points, merit points (click for more information) are required to advance your ranking.

thank you, will check it out.

edit: so i went over there, and the quality of discussion is in fact far better but i am not allowed to post there. i presume because my rank is not high enough, which brings us back to the original problem... the merit system is too heavily biased against new members it is too difficult to garner merit. i dont think the merit system should be changed necessarily, but the merit requirements need to come way down.[/list]
      Activity: 118
      nice to have this information. thanks.
      Activity: 462
      Merit: 10
      Thank  you so much. This is really informative  Smiley
      legendary
      Crypto Swap Exchange
      I think we should change the color of this update (merit) in OP since many new comers are missing this
      To highlight it better may be blue or red e.g.
      Unfortunately, that's not the main issue. If you look at their post history (those that had a similar question), these users just ask questions without putting a little effort into reading the thread (any thread).
      - It's not that common (for a normal user), to miss the very first few lines of a thread.
      copper member
      Activity: 1526
      Merit: 2890
      Hi dia. Thank you fir the detail. I am at activity 63 but still Jr. Member. What could be the problem?

hello @John (John K.), I think we should change the color of this update (merit) in OP since many new comers are missing this
      To highlight it better may be blue or red e.g.

Ranks

In addition to the activity points, merit points (click for more information) are required to advance your ranking.
      legendary
      Crypto Swap Exchange
      As far as I have seen nearly every sub-forum on btc talk is a giant spam-fest w/ very little in the way of actual discussion.

Could someone point me to the sub-forums where the grown-ups hang out? Legitimately asking, not being facetious.
        - Read its rules.

YOU (not reading the very first part of this thread, before asking the question):

Ranks

Activity: 53
        Activity: 92
        You can make 500 high quality posts over the course of a year and you might go somewhere on here. This site is a joke now.

You can get 50 smerit with a good post and you can make 0 smerit with 50 low-medium quality posts.
        It depends and in my opinion, people here (including me) prefer to give smerit to low ranks rather than the highest one. I remember declining to merit so many good posts because the OP was a legendary...and I am pretty sure many did the same.
        You cannot blame the system when most of people here don't care about the forum, nor contribute to the discussions here. They are simply joining bounties and spamming bitcointalk with their plagiarised texts.

As far as the merit system, from my experience thus far is has been flawed since it is so hard to obtain merit, really favors old members who were grandfathered in by default. Perhaps that can be alleviated if someone answers the above question for me. That said I do like the concept of the merit system.
        copper member
        Activity: 1526
        Merit: 2890
        50 BTC to become a VIP? Really? Is that a joke?  Grin

No, not a joke..........

It's just 50 BTC ... merely takes 40 minutes to mine it Cheesy

Have you tried?
        Activity: 434
        Merit: 10
          I also wonder as my colleague was these people who gave the same amount? 50 BTC is not a small money you can build a small town))) Shocked
        legendary
        Activity: 2142
        Merit: 1065
        ✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
        50 BTC to become a VIP? Really? Is that a joke?  Grin

Wouldn't call it a joke 7 years ago, you are too late like most of the people here. Besides, 50 BTC is always 50 BTC but if you are converting it to fiat and comparing then it is another story.
        Better to improve the quality of your future posts son or else you will stuck as junior member forever.
        Activity: 1
        Pages:
        Jump to: