Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 13. (Read 2400149 times)

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
thx,  but I go there,  i can't see the signature field

It's no longer possible for newbies to wear signatures. You can speed things up by upgrading to Copper member otherwise, you have to rank up with 1 merit + activity.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
thx,  but I go there,  i can't see the signature field
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
May I know where I can edit my signature ? thx
Go to your Profile > Modify Profile, click Forum Profile Information
You'll see the signature field there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help;page=profile
Activity: 266
May I know where I can edit my signature ? thx
Activity: 7
Merit: 7
Being a newbie, have got to know a lot about th forum. Since I am planning to do something better in crypto world, I will try to share my knowledge and gather knowledge from seniors. But I am interested to know more on merits. How my posts would be checked whether it deserve merit or not? Any experts comments plsss..

Whenever you post, your post will be visible to other members. If these members find that your post is constructive, helpful etc. they'll merit you. as simple as that.

I agreed and understand that. But I am thinking that if the post is not visible to merit sender on time!
However, I will keep doing my task.  Smiley
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
Being a newbie, have got to know a lot about th forum. Since I am planning to do something better in crypto world, I will try to share my knowledge and gather knowledge from seniors. But I am interested to know more on merits. How my posts would be checked whether it deserve merit or not? Any experts comments plsss..

Whenever you post, your post will be visible to other members. If these members find that your post is constructive, helpful etc. they'll merit you. as simple as that.
Activity: 7
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Oh, thank you. And I still could not understand why I can not upload pictures to topics.
Reason: Images in posts disabled for newbies
Solution: Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images

Take note:
- You can also lift that restriction by ranking up in a normal way.
Activity: 602
Merit: 13
Aarrgghhh 127 posts and never received any merit, and some of my posts was interesting according to me, but no one had smerit to offer me. And now I loose money because I also can’t wear any signature on my account ...
Bct WOL certainly loose many users due to this restriction. There are now many others interesting crypto forum ...

now you have finally got your merit Cheesy
patient and hard work will get paid.
Activity: 154
Merit: 14
When do I start getting merit

when someone from the forum will merit you for your post
so, be envolved as much as you can, hepl other users with their issues or share important news or similar, and marits will come
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

Hahahaha, that is how rank work brother. Who have "Newbie" badge seen like ant although your recent post is good.. i do same like you, i always try to made a good post from beginning.. i dont wanna be HERO or LEGENDARY who made a ribbing, mocking and shity post and rewarded merit by other silly member.

The point is, how hard you try, may only 5 of million member in here will giving merit for "newbie". And the other left member (silly member) will giving his sMerit for HERO / LEGENDARY / MERIT SOURCE with purpose will get feed back or pay back with merit.

Just 16 posts and already trying to tell members that have been on the forum for years what to do: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.46096415

and mocking senior members and accusing merit corruption with no evidence.

Sounds like a butt-hurt alt of a signature spammer to me. Chances of getting merit = close to none.

You might set a new record: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hunt-for-the-no-merit-highest-post-count-record-0-merit-3139-posts-5033383  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
some of my posts was interesting according to me, but no one had smerit to offer me.
Exactly (according to you, not others) + there's a difference between an interesting post and a high quality one...

I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

And now I loose money because I also can’t wear any signature on my account ...
There's a way:

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.

Bct WOL certainly loose many users due to this restriction. There are now many others interesting crypto forum ...
Good for you Wink

How it works is very simple: if you don't like it, go make your own forum.
Activity: 142
Aarrgghhh 127 posts and never received any merit, and some of my posts was interesting according to me, but no one had smerit to offer me. And now I loose money because I also can’t wear any signature on my account ...
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
Sorry everyone, I certainly missed a thing, but I was JR Member and now went back to newbie with 127 posts ?

You certainly did miss it. A post with a link to the newbie restrictions thread is just two posts above yours (yes two), is the first of this page, is in several posts in the previous page and finally in the first post of this thread as a bolded update ...

Can someone explain me why, and what should I do now ?

Now read the new restrictions and you'll understand why and what you should do (hint: wait for someone to give you a merit).
copper member
Activity: 168
John, you should look up the thread in the newbies section that has the same graphic. It's more up-to-date and has more detail.
Also someone needs to do up a blurb on the Trust system that I only just noticed existed today, if it hasn't been done already.
Hi there,

I have an activity more than "30" but I am still a newbie. Why is this?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45810047

new rules dear user, new rules
Hello, few days ago my rank was Jr. Member but suddenly it has been decreased to newbie , but I don;t know Why?

You'll find the answer here: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I have become a newbie by jr member. Now I need a merit.

please help me

Cry      Cry        Cry

I have been working for a lot of months and want to do it but I do not want to take many companies without jr member. So please help us
Cry      Cry        Cry

I have been working for a lot of months and want to do it but I do not want to take many companies without jr member. So please help us
Not sure if this is considered as begging, but I'll quote it for reference. Now I'm sure, since you posted again (3 posts in a row). Please ask yourself first, did I ever have a worthy post in Bitcointalk to deserve even a single Merit?

Don't ask/beg people to give it to you, show them that you deserve it (I hope you get what I mean - see what theymos said in the quote below). So if you want to stay here, challenge yourself, 1 Merit is not that hard to get.

But if you're incapable of posting anything worthwhile, then you will never rank up, and you shouldn't: this isn't the forum for you.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
the first post should be updated by the new Jr.Member/Newbie rules so newcommers will have less questions about their downranking status
Pages:
Jump to: