Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 11. (Read 2400149 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279
My blockchain can beat up your blockchain
maybe you should not be rude. I asked a question politely. And didn't need a rude response. There is a lot of information to read here. And when i was a member before there was not the merit system. So please if your not going to be helpful in a courteous way keep your comments to yourself. Thank you
Look, it's not hard. The info you were looking for was literally the first thing at the top of the thread. Anyone reading this thread would literally get the answer in seconds. The fact that you had to ask that question instead of searching yourself just shows that you were lazy. My answer was simple and direct: read first, ask later if you have any doubts.

I remember when a person could ask a question to this community without being berated and ridiculed for it. Times have changed. With the effort takes to talk shit to someone that is less informed than you, you could just be helpful instead and promote some positive vibes around here. The quality of this forum is deteriorating. Not just from the newbies either. I'm seeing more and more posts from high ranking members that are no better than the spammy newbie accounts. I, for one. still believe this should be a place that  a person should feel comfortable asking legitimate questions without having to worry about whether or not their question is good enough for the "veterans". SMH.
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
How do I obtain my Avatar permission?

Avatars can be used by users starting with Full Member and above.

Full Member and up only. 
It must be no more than 120px wide, 80px tall, and 100 KiB in size. It must be a PNG, GIF, or JPEG image. It must be safe for work.
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
How do I obtain my Avatar permission?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
maybe you should not be rude. I asked a question politely. And didn't need a rude response. There is a lot of information to read here. And when i was a member before there was not the merit system. So please if your not going to be helpful in a courteous way keep your comments to yourself. Thank you
Look, it's not hard. The info you were looking for was literally the first thing at the top of the thread. Anyone reading this thread would literally get the answer in seconds. The fact that you had to ask that question instead of searching yourself just shows that you were lazy. My answer was simple and direct: read first, ask later if you have any doubts.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

He's not being rude because It did seem like you did a post without reading the OP which I still believe is the case as well otherwise, you wouldn't ask that question in the first place. I understand that the post is long but it contains all the info needed, so taking the effort to read it is appreciated.
Activity: 62
Is their a gap or lull between changing ranks? Was wondering because i made over 30 activity awhile ago and am still a newbie.

Thanks in advance
Maybe you should start reading then.

Literally at the top of the thread (in bold):

Ranks

Update on 9/19/18: Merit points are now added
In addition to the activity points, merit points (click for more information) are required to advance your ranking. You will need at least 1 merit point before you can be a Jr. Member (click for more information).

Activity: 99
Merit: 0
Never got around to deciphering the post req(s) even after lurking at BTCTalk for a Long time.

Am quite surprised (and relieved) to see reachable goals  Grin
legendary
Is their a gap or lull between changing ranks? Was wondering because i made over 30 activity awhile ago and am still a newbie.

Thanks in advance
Maybe you should start reading then.

Literally at the top of the thread (in bold):

Ranks

Update on 9/19/18: Merit points are now added
In addition to the activity points, merit points (click for more information) are required to advance your ranking. You will need at least 1 merit point before you can be a Jr. Member (click for more information).
Activity: 62

Thanks in advance
legendary
How to het merrit?. Please someone tell me..  Grin  Grin
The post explaining is literally the first thing linked at the top of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.

Don't quote the whole post to make a 2 lines comment FFS.

Take a quick look at your post history. Which positive contribution have you made to the forum?

Just report him.
legendary
~

Today I read carefully this section. Really helpful to me. I set up this account and also participated in some activities. I think the reward is worth it for every individual who makes a positive contribution to the forum.
However for me as a user I never paid attention to the Rank. Be active with your passion
Don't quote the whole post to make a 2 lines comment FFS.

Take a quick look at your post history. Which positive contribution have you made to the forum?
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
How can I join a signature bounty campaign? In the regulations here I find there is a restriction to the new. However, there are some campaigns that allow newbies to join, but I have tried without being able to participate.
Can only help me?
You need to buy Copper Membership if you want to be able to add a signature. Check out other info and direct link to buy here : Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images

In this forum, the rule related to up rank are clear. But is there any time when some one just look at your name and likes to give you merit?
They'll look at your post. If someone find it constructive, helpful, worth reading etc., then they might give you a merit.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
The article is meaningful.
On the forum there are many good topics and diverse posts.
Personally, I think Beginners & Help and Politics & Society & Meta should be placed first instead of Bitcoin Discussion.
Why is that? There are many new members joining the daily forum and many of them have been baned. Because they do not fully understand the rules and they have not read the rules should be violated.
So when the Beginners & Help and Politics & Society layout is below, many people are not aware of the regulations. They only discuss or do Bounty and want to post to be upgraded but accidentally violated and baned by the account
Therefore the admin of the forum should consider to make it more convenient for everyone

Why are you posting non sense here?
My advice would be to delete your post.

This has nothing to do with this thread.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i see that i'm the only one with "posts" displayed under my merit and actvity, is this something for the first poster only?
It has nothing to do with that. Not sure why, but it's only visible to the owner of the account.

yeah i was thinking about that after i posted
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
i see that i'm the only one with "posts" displayed under my merit and actvity, is this something for the first poster only?

Here is an answer i wrote some time ago, I don't like to write everything again so here is a old quote:
I have enabled post count

How do you do that?
The first thing I did was try to find a setting for it but I couldn't find one.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

You mean the posts above the avatar picture (Postbit)? Because I can see them just fine for everyone. You must check the option in your profile settings to see it.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
It has nothing to do with that. Not sure why, but it's only visible to the owner of the account.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Pages:
Jump to: