Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 167. (Read 2339429 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Could someone explain me what the time limits for posting for various ranks are? I can't seem to find this info anywhere...for example my current limit is 360 sec,...thanks in advance for any answers!

The next limit will be, if I'm not mistaken, 90 seconds...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Could someone explain me what the time limits for posting for various ranks are? I can't seem to find this info anywhere...for example my current limit is 360 sec,...thanks in advance for any answers!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
Thanks for the explanation of ranks and all around it!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Satoshi platinum coins look a bit empty to me... Had I met someone with them I would think him devoid of all former ranks and positions for some transgression...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I understand the ranks. I do not understand what the different privileges between ranks. Like what unlocks for each rank.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
This is missing, at a minimum, the core developer and technical expert flags.
Yes, you guys should have a flag. Maybe an entire coin colored chartreuse in honor of MtGox beginnings in France.
Can I have a flag? I want to be the Netherlands. I've always grooved on those cool wooden shoes.

lol... I think you misunderstood gmaxwell.

Go to the Development & Technical Discussion top-level board and take a look at posts made by some people.

Some people have a Bitcoin expert icon/flag below their usernames in that section:

and some people have a Bitcoin-Qt core developer flag below their usernames:

No, I understood what he wanted. I think the Dev & Tech section is fine for those badges. I was just teasing him for wanting it in every section like a high school Vice President or President label. lol
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Yes, you guys should have a flag. Maybe an entire coin colored chartreuse in honor of MtGox beginnings in France.
Can I have a flag? I want to be the Netherlands. I've always grooved on those cool wooden shoes.

lol... I think you misunderstood gmaxwell.

Go to the Development & Technical Discussion top-level board and take a look at posts made by some people.

Some people have a Bitcoin expert icon/flag below their usernames in that section:

and some people have a Bitcoin-Qt core developer flag below their usernames:

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
on the way to growth my ranks...
legendary

staff
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382
Activity: 1490
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
but apparently satoshi can't login, account locked....

(yeah I now pgp proof etc but still)

Was satoshi an active member of bitcointalk?

I'd be interested to see a link to his profile!

I found his profile at:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
Since I was inactive for the most part of the previous 10 months It'll be very difficult for me to ever become a hero member or have a full account...

I'm sure I'll get there!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
legendary
That's a nice troll on a forum that heavily supports a deflationary model. I bet you'll get a few bites.

Nah, nobody's playin today. Must be something good on TV. Besides nobody reads stickies. If they did they wouldn't post so many stupid threads in the wrong forum.  lol
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
That's a nice troll on a forum that heavily supports a deflationary model. I bet you'll get a few bites.
legendary
Are the contributer prices still up to date or are they from when the price was @ 10$?

The Donator/VIP tag prices are in BTC and they are not pegged to USD.

The prices won't be reduced. They may be increased if the BTC price gets really low. Additional lower-price statuses may be created later. I don't want to manually deal with too many payments, though.

I intend to add new, cheaper donator ranks. I won't decrease the price of the old ranks, though I may rename them (to "Donator+" and "VIP+" or something like that).

I said a long time ago that the prices would remain the same, so I can't change this policy now in any case.

Are the new ranks' price going to be variable or adjusted every x days or months depending on BTC price?

Maybe. I haven't thought about it much yet. The forum doesn't need donations, so I'm not going to create another donator level soon.

So the forum ranks are a Ponzi scheme? lol
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Are the contributer prices still up to date or are they from when the price was @ 10$?

The Donator/VIP tag prices are in BTC and they are not pegged to USD.

The prices won't be reduced. They may be increased if the BTC price gets really low. Additional lower-price statuses may be created later. I don't want to manually deal with too many payments, though.

I intend to add new, cheaper donator ranks. I won't decrease the price of the old ranks, though I may rename them (to "Donator+" and "VIP+" or something like that).

I said a long time ago that the prices would remain the same, so I can't change this policy now in any case.

Are the new ranks' price going to be variable or adjusted every x days or months depending on BTC price?

Maybe. I haven't thought about it much yet. The forum doesn't need donations, so I'm not going to create another donator level soon.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Jump to: