Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 47. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Has anyone managed to break the magical 6MH/Watt on Skein with their 1080ti?

@VyprBTC...Yes nvOC does Skein but not the Alexis fork so it's slower.

Activity: 350
PSA
Newegg has dropped the price on MSI 1080ti to 669 - I bought a bunch of these for 689 - they wouldn't give me the price match though on the cards i bought, only gave me a $60x3 gift card instead of $100x3.

Oh well... I'm still going to buy more.
I am not home at the moment, will check on it later when i get over to my friends house.. its his GPU in his pc that is having the issue...

I have a question are any of yall running your mining rigs on Wifi? i was shopping for parts for future build and just thought about it.. i have nothing but Wifi access to the spare room that the Rig for my parents house is going.. there is solid Wifi signal that speed test D27MB/U30MB..... I hope the Wifi will work for me because it would literally wipe out the ability to put one at my parents house...

Also if any of yall could help me out.. if i am building strictly a mining rig.. what is like the best budget CPU to go with on this? I see Celerons are common on a lot of builds, but im finding prices on Intel i3's to be around the same price or less in some cases.... just trying to learn still on future builds...looking for a solid CPU/Mobo combo for the rig with potential of 6 GPU setup... i seriously doubt ill go 6 1080tis in the 4U case, but my parents house has full 20amp circuits and my step father is telling me the circuit in that room is literally only for that room.. and the only thing on that circuit is a 60watt lamp....so i MAY be able to go up to 6, i am planning to put my 4 Gigabyte cards in it to start with and maybe purchase more to add 1 at a time to see if i can run it all...

I am also thinking of possibly renting a small warehouse space, i found a local small business complex that has 12 x 24 with 9ft roll up doors units for $295/month the person i talked to said the units have 250 amp circuits... the warehouse is layed out so there is like a 12ft block wall between units, so the top of the wall is open so air could circulate across the entire warehouse freely...

DO NOT add them 1 at a time to test the circuit, 1 not reliable and 2 not safe at all - and if you have any spikes you'll trip it as well as constant load will heat the wires and start tripping the breaker in the future. Buy a kill a watt meter so you know how much you're drawing from the actual outlet (wall as you kids say).
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
I am not home at the moment, will check on it later when i get over to my friends house.. its his GPU in his pc that is having the issue...

I have a question are any of yall running your mining rigs on Wifi? i was shopping for parts for future build and just thought about it.. i have nothing but Wifi access to the spare room that the Rig for my parents house is going.. there is solid Wifi signal that speed test D27MB/U30MB..... I hope the Wifi will work for me because it would literally wipe out the ability to put one at my parents house...

Also if any of yall could help me out.. if i am building strictly a mining rig.. what is like the best budget CPU to go with on this? I see Celerons are common on a lot of builds, but im finding prices on Intel i3's to be around the same price or less in some cases.... just trying to learn still on future builds...looking for a solid CPU/Mobo combo for the rig with potential of 6 GPU setup... i seriously doubt ill go 6 1080tis in the 4U case, but my parents house has full 20amp circuits and my step father is telling me the circuit in that room is literally only for that room.. and the only thing on that circuit is a 60watt lamp....so i MAY be able to go up to 6, i am planning to put my 4 Gigabyte cards in it to start with and maybe purchase more to add 1 at a time to see if i can run it all...

I am also thinking of possibly renting a small warehouse space, i found a local small business complex that has 12 x 24 with 9ft roll up doors units for $295/month the person i talked to said the units have 250 amp circuits... the warehouse is layed out so there is like a 12ft block wall between units, so the top of the wall is open so air could circulate across the entire warehouse freely...
Activity: 238
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
One of the vega cards amd is coming out with has 1tb of cache on the gpu lol
They had 4 of those cards  rendering 4K video live. It was crazy!!
And if anyone knows anything about rendering video it is awesome
They also had one playing doom and max everything at 60fps
So the new amd vegas are like 1080ti's ATM it could change
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Because of BTC  price so high all my ETH rigs 480s and 470s are selling ETH hash at Nicehash marketplace. On normal days, they mine at Dwarfpool collecting ETH. Other rigs Nanos and 390s are ZEC rigs.

All my 45 AMD rigs are running smos.

All my 9 NVIDIA rigs 1080tis, 1070 and 980ti are on Windows and nvoc Linux.

The rigs on Windows are running Nicehash Windows miners, 5 x Aorus 1080ti and 5 x Zotac 1080ti AMP..... they move from algo to algo depending on highest profitability as per NH rental rates.

nvoc is able to run alexis and skein algo? i have been meaning to test nvoc but haven't gotten around to it

I paid fullzero for some test usb 3.0 sticks  I will be posting results.

@ xleejohnx  I got the m2pcie to pcie adapter  yet to test it.  maybe over the weekend as I will be doing builds.

very cool can't wait - i'm tired of dishing out extra BTC for SSDs - I actually had to use a few 1Tb drives because I ran out of 120's and just wanted to get some more up and running. I need to ebay those 1Tb drives and stop being lazy.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Because of BTC  price so high all my ETH rigs 480s and 470s are selling ETH hash at Nicehash marketplace. On normal days, they mine at Dwarfpool collecting ETH. Other rigs Nanos and 390s are ZEC rigs.

The rigs on Windows are running Nicehash Windows miners, 5 x Aorus 1080ti and 5 x Zotac 1080ti AMP..... they move from algo to algo depending on highest profitability as per NH rental rates.

nvoc is able to run alexis and skein algo? i have been meaning to test nvoc but haven't gotten around to it

I paid fullzero for some test usb 3.0 sticks  I will be posting results.

@ xleejohnx  I got the m2pcie to pcie adapter  yet to test it.  maybe over the weekend as I will be doing builds.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I wonder if there are "ti" versions of 1070, 1060.... I have seen 1050ti going below 150$

an array of 1050tis could be a nice Nicehash multi algo rig.

past few days my 5 x 1080ti rigs are busy mining on LBRY at very high returns, higher than ZEC and Skein -- anyone noticed that?

since these 1050tis are short version and good for reducing heat, and also 75w tdp.... I am going to get a couple before things gets crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-04G-P4-6253-KR/dp/B01MF7EQJZ/ref=pd_cp_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF7EQJZ&pd_rd_r=19PKC6JFXWHTQ2W6SDEY&pd_rd_w=48Gaa&pd_rd_wg=cuvkJ&psc=1&refRID=19PKC6JFXWHTQ2W6SDEY

Been wondering about that as on NH it has consistently been showing 6+ btc/th. What miner are you using for lbry?

I use the NH Windows miner where it mines the best profitability.

1.82 GHs gives me 0.011 BTC (if not mistaken NH Windows miner uses a special ccminer fork to mine LBRY)

I just let it loose... my 2 Aorus and Zotac 1080ti x 5 rigs are currently on NH Windows miner before they mine exclusively ZEC on nvOC Linux.

The thing about these NVIDIA algos/coins -- there seems to be very active development on ccminer forks compared to AMD's world.

The new NH Windows miner alpha v2, now sports their new excavator multiminer and dropped sgminer.

claymore, ccminer and ewbf are also in the new v2 package.

I dont think sgminer has a good future....  I know that devs like zawawa, wolf etc have had some work done ie. sgminer-gm but now working on their own projects.

Wolf ... if you are reading this, pls comment.

So you're leaving your AMD rigs on smOS mining NH ETH?

Dual mine sia at nicehash!
It'll be worth your time to get it up and going trust me
I wonder if there are "ti" versions of 1070, 1060.... I have seen 1050ti going below 150$

past few days my 5 x 1080ti rigs are busy mining on LBRY at very high returns, higher than ZEC and Skein -- anyone noticed that?

since these 1050tis are short version and good for reducing heat, and also 75w tdp.... I am going to get a couple before things gets crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-04G-P4-6253-KR/dp/B01MF7EQJZ/ref=pd_cp_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF7EQJZ&pd_rd_r=19PKC6JFXWHTQ2W6SDEY&pd_rd_w=48Gaa&pd_rd_wg=cuvkJ&psc=1&refRID=19PKC6JFXWHTQ2W6SDEY

Been wondering about that as on NH it has consistently been showing 6+ btc/th. What miner are you using for lbry?

1.82 GHs gives me 0.011 BTC (if not mistaken NH Windows miner uses a special ccminer fork to mine LBRY)

I just let it loose... my 2 Aorus and Zotac 1080ti x 5 rigs are currently on NH Windows miner before they mine exclusively ZEC on nvOC Linux.

The thing about these NVIDIA algos/coins -- there seems to be very active development on ccminer forks compared to AMD's world.

The new NH Windows miner alpha v2, now sports their new excavator multiminer and dropped sgminer.

I dont think sgminer has a good future....  I know that devs like zawawa, wolf etc have had some work done ie. sgminer-gm but now working on their own projects.

Because of BTW price so high all my ETH rigs 480s and 470s are selling ETH hash at Nicehash marketplace. On normal days, they mine at Dwarfpool collecting ETH. Other rigs Nanos and 390s are ZEC rigs.

You da man! Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Been looking for a good 6 pin pcie to 8 pin cpu cable and only finding that are worded like this:    2PCS 20cm PCI Express 6 Pin Female to 8 Pin Male F/M Cable Power Adapter Converter Cable CPU Video Graphics Card High Quality.
Do not want to try it and fry a motherboard as the cpu 8 pin has a different pinout and those are saying cpu pcie which is impossible because of the different pinouts. Anyone know where I can find these?
Have an old pc that I am running 1x rx480 4gb and 1x 980 ti to use for playing around and learning more about mining. When I find something that is doing better than what I am running on my main rigs I transfer that and get a little more btc. So, was using EVGA Precision X for fine tuning the 980 ti, but like MSI Afterburner better. Just loaded afterburner on this pc and look at that! MSI has incorporated BOTH AMD and Nvidia support into afterburner! Seems like I have just as good control of the amd card with afterburner as I had with wattman.

http://imgur.com/a/RCl3Z
Offtopic, but relevant to zpool payouts.
I used miningpoolhub in the past, and switched to zpool recently.
So I am getting these 0.01BTC transactions to my blockchain.info wallet daily.
The other day I bought something worth 400€ and lo and behold blockhain says I have to pay 10€ in transactions  fees (!!!!) due to "many small unconsolidated transactions that need to be consolidated for this payment".
I guess its due to those small zpool payments that are trickling in daily.
Anybody here had similar experience? How to prevent such high payment fees?
Use poloniex BTC adress for zpool payments and then pay from there?
Thanks.

Had that issue also. So what I did was set up another wallet to do transactions from. So I mine to one wallet and transfer from it to the other once I hit .2 btc and that seems to work to eliminate the small transactions. Takes a while for the transfer, but since I am doing to myself and not for a transaction time is not so critical.

Thanks.
So mine to dreaded Poloniex  and when satoshis pile-up transfer with minimal fee to blockchain.info?

Pretty much. I mine to blockchain.info and then transfer to coinbase as needed.

Pages:
Jump to: