Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 43. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Well Skein profitability just plummeted lol

DGB has fallen like 37% in the last 4 hours.  Could have something to do with it.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Well Skein profitability just plummeted lol
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382034122947

1080 ti under $600 brand new with eBay bucks without $640

Thanks to phil for putting me onto eBay bucks with mining rig parts lol

Anyone going to order these / have these cards already ?

I looked into that card, but many complained that it ran very hot.. which concerns me for mining.
Activity: 238

ebay bucks?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

put this in......    stratum+tcp://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357

if it doesn't run take out the stratum+tcp://  and it should run. Some miners need the stratum and some don't

Yer doesnt work for EWBF just tested what I thought might work and it seems to.  Just not sure if it will make it into my wallet.

"miner --server equihash.usa.nicehash.com --user 19HD18H6LiKNEPt4paZ6B5RVkwV5Lw3vbp --pass z --port 3357"

As long as it is a bitcoin wallet your will get it.

if it doesn't run take out the stratum+tcp://  and it should run. Some miners need the stratum and some don't

Yer doesnt work for EWBF just tested what I thought might work and it seems to.  Just not sure if it will make it into my wallet.

"miner --server equihash.usa.nicehash.com --user 19HD18H6LiKNEPt4paZ6B5RVkwV5Lw3vbp --pass z --port 3357"

Go to the getting started page nicehash.com and put that stratum in your miner with your btc address and run it
I moved to zcash via nicehash still left 1 rig on skein at the solar array

http://zpool.ca/?address=16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

So what is the reason for moving to Zcash.  I find it a bit tricky to move with so little hashing power right now.  Are you shifting most of it becuase Zpool is having issues or what is the reasoN?

zpool has been having weird issues.  So I will give it a break.

also I use less power with zec and  it will be getting hot.

Yep two 8 hour periods.  Both down 30% or more than what I usually get from zpool.

Switching over to Zec also.  I was mining directly to zec wallet using EWBF but want to mine it to the same BTC wallet I am using for my  skein mining.   Easiest way to do this is to use nicehash?   Do you mean the actual program?  Or is there a way to continue to use EWBF and just adjust the pool settings?

My current bat file.

What do I need to change to switch over to nicehash which converts directly to BTC.  (I have already changed my wallet to BTC).  Currently googling but not having much luck.

The way i mined nicehash previously before going to zpool was using the nicehash miner itself, just put your new BTC wallet in it

Yes I am currently doing that but sounded like Philma was doing it some other way.

Like you can maybe just use this? stratum+tcp://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 or this     stratum+tcp://lbry.usa.nicehash.com:3356?  I am just not sure which one is for Zec.

It's equilhash for zec

Thanks so something like this is probably the way to use EWBF to mine zec and auto change it to BTC with nicehasH?

"miner --server equihash.usa.nicehash.com --user 19HD18H6LiKNEPt4paZ6B5RVkwV5Lw3vbp --pass z --port 3357"   Sorry I am new and is alot to get my head around.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

So what is the reason for moving to Zcash.  I find it a bit tricky to move with so little hashing power right now.  Are you shifting most of it becuase Zpool is having issues or what is the reasoN?

Yep two 8 hour periods.  Both down 30% or more than what I usually get from zpool.

Switching over to Zec also.  I was mining directly to zec wallet using EWBF but want to mine it to the same BTC wallet I am using for my  skein mining.   Easiest way to do this is to use nicehash?   Do you mean the actual program?  Or is there a way to continue to use EWBF and just adjust the pool settings?

My current bat file.

"miner --server zec-us-west1.nanopool.org --user 19HD18H6LiKNEPt4paZ6B5RVkwV5Lw3vbp --pass z --port 6666"

What do I need to change to switch over to nicehash which converts directly to BTC.  (I have already changed my wallet to BTC).  Currently googling but not having much luck.

The way i mined nicehash previously before going to zpool was using the nicehash miner itself, just put your new BTC wallet in it

Yes I am currently doing that but sounded like Philma was doing it some other way.

Like you can maybe just use this? stratum+tcp://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 or this     stratum+tcp://lbry.usa.nicehash.com:3356?  I am just not sure which one is for Zec.

It's equilhash for zec

My current bat file.

"miner --server zec-us-west1.nanopool.org --user 19HD18H6LiKNEPt4paZ6B5RVkwV5Lw3vbp --pass z --port 6666"

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

Yep two 8 hour periods.  Both down 30% or more than what I usually get from zpool.

My current bat file.

Yep two 8 hour periods.  Both down 30% or more than what I usually get from zpool.

My current bat file.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

also I use less power with zec and  it will be getting hot.

But equihash is more core/memory intensive than ccminer algos.
I have to overclock memory to the max for ZEC mining. With ccminer I can downclock memory with no impact on hashrate.
So how come you are using less power with ZEC than with ccminer/zpool?
Activity: 615
Hey Phill,

How important is it to use identical 1080 ti for 1080 ti+1070 rig? I just cannot find same model as mine in good price at the moment.

It's not important. You can mix and match.

You can even mix AMD and Nvidia, if you can get the drivers to play nice. Usually not worth the effort
Got tired of waiting and waiting for people to get picopsu back stock so found a source for them  Cool. They just arrived and will be hooking a couple up to test. Also sourced 8 pin cpu connectors and terminals so I can make cable for them direct from server psu. And placed an order for pcie powered risers without the sata cable (saved a few cents each) from new source as regular source was out. Am glad to finally be getting other sources set so when one is out another will have what I need.
Activity: 615
Anyone know how to turn down the core voltage on a 1070?  Afterburner only allows a positive change, the slider does not go to the negative territory like it does for an AMD card.

Setting the power limit lower is effectively the same thing. I use 70% with a GTX 1080 and it drops the power usage ~25% compared to 100% TDP. Anything less than 60% losses too much hash.

I'm down to 60%, and the voltage is now down below 1.0V.  Thanks for the help.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Anyone know how to turn down the core voltage on a 1070?  Afterburner only allows a positive change, the slider does not go to the negative territory like it does for an AMD card.

Setting the power limit lower is effectively the same thing. I use 70% with a GTX 1080 and it drops the power usage ~25% compared to 100% TDP. Anything less than 60% losses too much hash.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hey Phill,

How important is it to use identical 1080 ti for 1080 ti+1070 rig? I just cannot find same model as mine in good price at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: