Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 44. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Anyone know how to turn down the core voltage on a 1070?  Afterburner only allows a positive change, the slider does not go to the negative territory like it does for an AMD card.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I moved to zcash via nicehash still left 1 rig on skein at the solar array

http://zpool.ca/?address=16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

So what is the reason for moving to Zcash.  I find it a bit tricky to move with so little hashing power right now.  Are you shifting most of it becuase Zpool is having issues or what is the reasoN?

zpool has been having weird issues.  So I will give it a break.

also I use less power with zec and  it will be getting hot.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
I moved to zcash via nicehash still left 1 rig on skein at the solar array

http://zpool.ca/?address=16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

So what is the reason for moving to Zcash.  I find it a bit tricky to move with so little hashing power right now.  Are you shifting most of it becuase Zpool is having issues or what is the reasoN?
Got stratum errors.  REstared the batch file seems ok again.  Nope still getting... not liking this at all.

Activity: 238
Did anyone else have a terrible day mining skein today zpool? my numbers on my watercooled rig is not exactly making sense.... based on numbers from 23hrs ago to now, i seem to only pulled in like $12.53 today on zpool with my pair of MSI 1080ti's.....

I still have my 2nd pc on Yiimp mining away DGB... The numbers on it are making more sense...

Could someone explain to me the system they have listed on pools at the right side of the page...... trying to understand the numbers better...

if i run my numbers if i am understanding it..
0.00395x1800=7.11mBTC/day or $20.16USD?

yeh over the last 8 hours I got 15-20 less than usual over an 8 hour period.  Again I see the graph has stopped.  Its been showing nothing for hte last 2 hours.  And the other stats shows 1 miner no hash rate.  I restarted the batch file and it is now showing my hash rate.  Too early to see if the graph is starting again.  I will mine other 8 hours and see if it plays catch up.   But yer not impressed with zpool in the last 4 days.

I was having that problem for over a week and got tired of it so switched to MPH mining DGB. About to switch to NH with the drop in DGB price drop though.

Ok interestingly restarting the batch file made the graph start recording correctly again. 
Did anyone else have a terrible day mining skein today zpool? my numbers on my watercooled rig is not exactly making sense.... based on numbers from 23hrs ago to now, i seem to only pulled in like $12.53 today on zpool with my pair of MSI 1080ti's.....

I still have my 2nd pc on Yiimp mining away DGB... The numbers on it are making more sense...

Could someone explain to me the system they have listed on pools at the right side of the page...... trying to understand the numbers better...

yeh over the last 8 hours I got 15-20 less than usual over an 8 hour period.  Again I see the graph has stopped.  Its been showing nothing for hte last 2 hours.  And the other stats shows 1 miner no hash rate.  I restarted the batch file and it is now showing my hash rate.  Too early to see if the graph is starting again.  I will mine other 8 hours and see if it plays catch up.   But yer not impressed with zpool in the last 4 days.

Ok interestingly restarting the batch file made the graph start recording correctly again. 

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
legendary
Hello All,

I get 19 MHS and 275 sols with MSI GTX 1060 3 GB with +580 memory clock +150 core clock +72 power limit.

I can not make more than +600 memory, as windows crashes.
I read many people are doing +850+950 mem clock.

Am i missing some thing? I am newbie for Nvidia.

Should we adjust timings like poloris like AMD RX? How can i improve?

Thank you for your answers

some cards have been flashed  with new firmware  to allow for this.

be very careful of you try this.

you could kill a card.

@ vyprbtc

I added 2 1070  and put 2 1080 ti in a rig I am going to sell  the rig cost me 1985 to build it will sell for 2200.

a 215 profit.  including the coins earn by the 2 1080ti's.

I will photo it tonight as party will take up a lot of time today.

It is a gamer/miner for  a friend.

2 1080 ti
2  8gb sticks ram
1 1000 watt quark psu
1 i5 7600 cpu
1 1 tb ssd
1  windows 10 pro
1 gigabyte z270 mobo
1 rosewill case
3  bgears fans

http://zpool.ca/?address=1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

called it 2new1080ti
Activity: 881
Merit: 502
Hello All,

I get 19 MHS and 275 sols with MSI GTX 1060 3 GB with +580 memory clock +150 core clock +72 power limit.

I can not make more than +600 memory, as windows crashes.
I read many people are doing +850+950 mem clock.

Am i missing some thing? I am newbie for Nvidia.

Should we adjust timings like poloris like AMD RX? How can i improve?

Thank you for your answers
Activity: 350
Monster in the making

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Have we determined what the best 1080 TI is yet
Activity: 350
Phil - you get 2 new 1080 Ti's or something, your hash went up about 1.6GH/s Smiley

Pics pics pics!

Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Greetings again,
does anybody have a idea or functional implementation on how to firmly secure the part of the riser that plugs into the motherboard pcie slot? Mine are awfully flimsy when plugged in.
Thanks.

The multi-gpu rigs i see, many place a zip tie around the entire card and riser
First off thanks heaps for this thread and everyone posting in it.  I just spent like 4 days reading it and found so much useful information.  I started off eth.  Found my 1080ti was not great.  Moved to Zec that was ok then found Skein/zpool.  All in about 5 days, just from reading threads like this.

OK couple quick questions most for PHil but anyone who can answer would be good.

I have 2 ti 1080 one FE and one Aorus.  Third is on the way.  I plan to run 1 one card rig (auros) (for gaming sometimes) and one 2-3 card rig.  Can I just use my old motherboards? they have plenty of PCI slots on them and had an i5 2500K Cpu in them, they are just sitting around doing nothing gigabyte motherboards.  I have one EVGA Plat 750W PSU.  Is this good enough for two 1080 ti at 60-80 TPD?   And I plan to get another EVGA PSU probably 1000W for 3 cards just to be safe.

One issue is in New Zealand we are almost all out of Plat PSU's as they are not that popular to begin with.  There are some but they are way over priced.  Is it acceptable to go with a gold instead of plat power wise?

Most people seem pretty set on 75 or 80 TPD.  I did testing and 80% is still good but then it drops off.  At 90 and 100 though it is still more profitable to mine as high as you can go because of the price of power and the margin you get.  It is the middle of winter here so I can mine at 100% one card and stay at 51C.  Is this 80% TPD all about heat/power cost? If so then as long as my overall profit is higher after power costing I should run it as high as I can?   I will have to adjust when I get more cards yes.

WHat PSU do I need for a 3 card rig?  850W plat minimum?  Does it matter about the brand as long as they are most well known brands?

Phil you mentioned you mine XMR on your CPUS as well. WHat is your setup for this and how do you do it.  Are you doing this on the 2-3 card rigs the same time as mining zec/skein?  I did figure out how to CPU xmr myself but I am interested in how you are doing it.

Thanks for the awesome thread.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Greetings again,
does anybody have a idea or functional implementation on how to firmly secure the part of the riser that plugs into the motherboard pcie slot? Mine are awfully flimsy when plugged in.
Thanks.
legendary
@ VoskCoin yes that's pretty much what you have to do, I've been expanding trying to find more space and more power - so IMO if you've got a chance to grab it and it's affordable, do it Smiley

Stox - I'm like the EVGA SC2 and even the FE seems to be running cooler than most my other cards.

And @ Everyone else -

Man running into an issue - I have the electrician coming over later today or tomorrow but I can't decide on the 30A breaker he's installing what plug to go with -

L6-30 so I can connect PDU's is my first choice but they won't be here till next Friday.

I also have 3 APC SMT3000 UPS that can handle 3kW load each, but they run off of 120v and use L5-30 plugs so I will not be able to use them if I run 208v so I guess they'll just stay in hibernation for now

I can totally afford the warehouse i posted above right now.. it would make a great location to expand from.. the only thing is i have no clue how i would go about cooling.. i went and checked out the units they had.. 1 had a window a/c installed on the small door leading into the unit.. but that would be cooling the entire 400sq ft with a window unit.. dont think that would work.. the unit was pretty air tight outside of that.

what about the internet connection?
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
@ VoskCoin yes that's pretty much what you have to do, I've been expanding trying to find more space and more power - so IMO if you've got a chance to grab it and it's affordable, do it Smiley

Stox - I'm like the EVGA SC2 and even the FE seems to be running cooler than most my other cards.

And @ Everyone else -

Man running into an issue - I have the electrician coming over later today or tomorrow but I can't decide on the 30A breaker he's installing what plug to go with -

L6-30 so I can connect PDU's is my first choice but they won't be here till next Friday.

I also have 3 APC SMT3000 UPS that can handle 3kW load each, but they run off of 120v and use L5-30 plugs so I will not be able to use them if I run 208v so I guess they'll just stay in hibernation for now

I can totally afford the warehouse i posted above right now.. it would make a great location to expand from.. the only thing is i have no clue how i would go about cooling.. i went and checked out the units they had.. 1 had a window a/c installed on the small door leading into the unit.. but that would be cooling the entire 400sq ft with a window unit.. dont think that would work.. the unit was pretty air tight outside of that.

What am I missing?  Is power included in the lease?  That is a ton of area considering the footprint of a few miners.  Would ventilation be a huge concern?  Maybe the pictures does not do it justice!
Pages:
Jump to: