Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 46. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
One of the vega cards amd is coming out with has 1tb of cache on the gpu lol
They had 4 of those cards  rendering 4K video live. It was crazy!!
And if anyone knows anything about rendering video it is awesome
They also had one playing doom and max everything at 60fps
So the new amd vegas are like 1080ti's ATM it could change

1tb cache ? some form of vram HBM v2 perhaps -- that would speed up ZEC mining tremendously

1080ti is only at 11gb vram gddr5... the vega could be a game changer but at what price?

i hope vega comes out and pushes 1080ti down below 500$.... wishful thinking...

I think AMD and NVIDIA will learn to tango and waltz together and leverage the mining scene

They canned hbm and went cache instead
They said it's like ssd cache.
No prices as of right now.
Probably won't know until preorders go out.
But they changed how the gpu processes things like they did with the ryzen CPU

interesting...... this is a killer blow to the memory guys too.

looking forward to test drive vega soon

The cards will have both HBM2 and an onboard SSD NVMe controller to access up to 1TB of local storage.  The controller does not have to go to the "southbridge" via PCIe in order to get to mass storage.  

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10518/amd-announces-radeon-pro-ssg-fiji-with-m2-ssds-onboard

June 5 techs review of the press release said nothing about hbm or hbm2 being on the cards
I can give links to all top hardware YouTube reviewers if needed
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well i just completed a 24hr test run on Yiimp mining DGB directly....
Both Cards are Identical on watercooling....

GP0 mining Yiimp 13minutes pass 24hrs start time mined 259.56636176 DGB $16.16 USD directly to Poloniex
GP1 mining Zpool 13minutes pass 24hrs start time mined 0.00423501 BTC $11.90 USD directly to Coinbase

Both cards are running the same settings....now to find out how much it is to shift the DGB into BTC, then transfer it to my coinbase account, since when i mine ZPool i mine it directly to that wallet. if these fees are less than the difference between $16.16 and $11.90.... it may be more profitable to mine it directly

Poloniex charges:
- 0.15% exchange fee (just set a higher price for DGB, the order should get filled within a few hours)
- transfer fee BTC to Coinbase - 10000 satoshi ~ $0.28 as of now

Made about $160 in BTC in the past 11 days with one 1080ti.
If you have the time, it's worth it to do things this way.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Well i just completed a 24hr test run on Yiimp mining DGB directly....
Both Cards are Identical on watercooling....

GP0 mining Yiimp 13minutes pass 24hrs start time mined 259.56636176 DGB $16.16 USD directly to Poloniex
GP1 mining Zpool 13minutes pass 24hrs start time mined 0.00423501 BTC $11.90 USD directly to Coinbase

Both cards are running the same settings....now to find out how much it is to shift the DGB into BTC, then transfer it to my coinbase account, since when i mine ZPool i mine it directly to that wallet. if these fees are less than the difference between $16.16 and $11.90.... it may be more profitable to mine it directly

Zpool needs wait for coin maturity and queue them to exchange to sell in exchange for BTC... This whole process may cause unfavourable real time BTC end value. On top of that zpool needs to deduct pool fees.

This issue above has been debated aggressively in zpool bitcointalk thread.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
They had 4 of those cards  rendering 4K video live. It was crazy!!

1tb cache ? some form of vram HBM v2 perhaps -- that would speed up ZEC mining tremendously

1080ti is only at 11gb vram gddr5... the vega could be a game changer but at what price?

I think AMD and NVIDIA will learn to tango and waltz together and leverage the mining scene

Yep and these are proof of concept so I think they are not what we will see for mining.

The card they showed had dual M.2 slots in it each supporting 512Gig SSDs.  This lets them bypass the PCIE bus to talk to memory for running things like crazy graphics filters.   I don't see this being of much use to miners at this point, just my $0.02.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

The card they showed had dual M.2 slots in it each supporting 512Gig SSDs.  This lets them bypass the PCIE bus to talk to memory for running things like crazy graphics filters.   I don't see this being of much use to miners at this point, just my $0.02.

Activity: 615
They had 4 of those cards  rendering 4K video live. It was crazy!!

The cards will have both HBM2 and an onboard SSD NVMe controller to access up to 1TB of local storage.  The controller does not have to go to the "southbridge" via PCIe in order to get to mass storage.  

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10518/amd-announces-radeon-pro-ssg-fiji-with-m2-ssds-onboard
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary

I had 1 1080. It was a zotac mini it was a good card.

It was the first Nvidia I mined with. I used my April 3rd enucks to. Buy it.

It did 500 sols for Zec and about 700 for skein.

I would consider using it with a good price.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Phil have you mined with vanilla 1080's?

Getting used or refurb 1070's around $310 or refurb 1080's for $450....

Or 1080 Ti's for $650+

I already have 2x 1070's and 2x 1080ti's on the way.

The Ti's seems 2x as fast and 2x as expensive compared to the 1070, but not sure how the 1080 compares.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
Rookie question, but doing my first build. Does it matter which slot on the motherboard I put the ram into?
ohai!
if 1 stick ram - slot 1 or 2
if 2 - 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 depending on eg pcu cooler getting in the way
legendary
Rookie question, but doing my first build. Does it matter which slot on the motherboard I put the ram into?

only if it does not work. Grin

So do the easiest to reach first.

As for vega 

I may need to stop expansion  and wait for zec results.

I got a good deal on some 1070 itx from gigabyte.

369 - 5% = 350 a card

I am finally getting some demand from gamer friends.

I will build 3 two card   1080ti rigs for gamers I know.  about 7k in sales  and about 700 profit for me.

and replace the 1080tis I use in the builds with the itx 1070 gigabytes to mine with. This will work as summer heat is coming.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Activity: 672

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I am not home at the moment, will check on it later when i get over to my friends house.. its his GPU in his pc that is having the issue...

I have a question are any of yall running your mining rigs on Wifi? i was shopping for parts for future build and just thought about it.. i have nothing but Wifi access to the spare room that the Rig for my parents house is going.. there is solid Wifi signal that speed test D27MB/U30MB..... I hope the Wifi will work for me because it would literally wipe out the ability to put one at my parents house...

Also if any of yall could help me out.. if i am building strictly a mining rig.. what is like the best budget CPU to go with on this? I see Celerons are common on a lot of builds, but im finding prices on Intel i3's to be around the same price or less in some cases.... just trying to learn still on future builds...looking for a solid CPU/Mobo combo for the rig with potential of 6 GPU setup... i seriously doubt ill go 6 1080tis in the 4U case, but my parents house has full 20amp circuits and my step father is telling me the circuit in that room is literally only for that room.. and the only thing on that circuit is a 60watt lamp....so i MAY be able to go up to 6, i am planning to put my 4 Gigabyte cards in it to start with and maybe purchase more to add 1 at a time to see if i can run it all...

I am also thinking of possibly renting a small warehouse space, i found a local small business complex that has 12 x 24 with 9ft roll up doors units for $295/month the person i talked to said the units have 250 amp circuits... the warehouse is layed out so there is like a 12ft block wall between units, so the top of the wall is open so air could circulate across the entire warehouse freely...

DO NOT add them 1 at a time to test the circuit, 1 not reliable and 2 not safe at all - and if you have any spikes you'll trip it as well as constant load will heat the wires and start tripping the breaker in the future. Buy a kill a watt meter so you know how much you're drawing from the actual outlet (wall as you kids say).

I am not saying i will be adding them to test the circuit to say... my step dad is very certain that the outlet will take everything the 1200watt PSU can throw at it.. because when he was redoing the floors he had his table saw plugged into that room and its 1800watts.... I am probably going to add them 1 at at time after the first 4, because 1) i dont know how well the 4U case will cool the cards.. im very un-educated on the cooling capacity of a 4U case compared to a typical PC case... and 2) i already have 6 x GTX 1080ti's.... based on my earnings i should earn enough  BTC to buy 2 GTX1080ti cards a month... im not looking to take out more personal funds on this really.. trying to use more of the mined money to pay for the hardware and just let the rigs snowball the amount of earnings i can gain as i add more GPU's...

I guess the reason i worded the way i did previously is due to how horrible the circuit load is at my Condo.. just sad i cant run 4 1080tis on a single circuit in my condo... without tripping a breaker..

VyprBTC is 100% correct. One other thing to do (especially in condo) is to turn the breaker off for the outlets you will be plugging into and make SURE the screws are TIGHT and the wires are fully under the screw heads. Also make sure BOTH the wire to the breaker in the panel and the common wire (white) are tight. It would be a great idea to invest invest in a couple good outlets to use. Condo builders are notorious for using the cheapest crap they can get their hands on. This one is good
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-20-Amp-Hospital-Grade-Extra-Heavy-Duty-Isolated-Ground-Duplex-Receptacle-with-6-in-Lead-or-ange-8300-LIG/301361135

Anyone who is running miner should do all of this. Wires will loosen on breakers and outlets over time due to expansion and contraction of the wire from heating/cooling caused by normal usage. This will cause higher amps being drawn, breakers kicking, arcing, fires, all kinds of bad things.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
@Storx ...I got her sitting dead on 6...thats the best I can do so far :   Grin

Thats awesome dude, what card is that? i couldnt get the gigabyte cards below 60TDP stable in the 800+Mh/s, as soon as i go over +100 on core they would freeze up and below that was in the 770ish range..

right now on the gigabyte cards i have it at 60tdp and its been stable at the recent test setting for 2+ hours now at +317core
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
@Storx ...I got her sitting dead on 6...thats the best I can do so far :   Grin

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Has anyone managed to break the magical 6MH/Watt on Skein with their 1080ti?

@VyprBTC...Yes nvOC does Skein but not the Alexis fork so it's slower.

the alexei fork is on Windows only so too bad it cant be added on nvoc linux
Has anyone managed to break the magical 6MH/Watt on Skein with their 1080ti?

@VyprBTC...Yes nvOC does Skein but not the Alexis fork so it's slower.

Ill post a pic later, but my gigabyte cards are the closest i can get so far.. at 60% tdp, they are averaging 5.8Mh/s per watt...

* idk if the website is reporting wrong.. but in the miner it says 5.8Mh/s per watt at the same watts.. but when i check the website as soon as it reports.. it says in the 6's...

I am not home at the moment, will check on it later when i get over to my friends house.. its his GPU in his pc that is having the issue...

I have a question are any of yall running your mining rigs on Wifi? i was shopping for parts for future build and just thought about it.. i have nothing but Wifi access to the spare room that the Rig for my parents house is going.. there is solid Wifi signal that speed test D27MB/U30MB..... I hope the Wifi will work for me because it would literally wipe out the ability to put one at my parents house...

Also if any of yall could help me out.. if i am building strictly a mining rig.. what is like the best budget CPU to go with on this? I see Celerons are common on a lot of builds, but im finding prices on Intel i3's to be around the same price or less in some cases.... just trying to learn still on future builds...looking for a solid CPU/Mobo combo for the rig with potential of 6 GPU setup... i seriously doubt ill go 6 1080tis in the 4U case, but my parents house has full 20amp circuits and my step father is telling me the circuit in that room is literally only for that room.. and the only thing on that circuit is a 60watt lamp....so i MAY be able to go up to 6, i am planning to put my 4 Gigabyte cards in it to start with and maybe purchase more to add 1 at a time to see if i can run it all...

I am also thinking of possibly renting a small warehouse space, i found a local small business complex that has 12 x 24 with 9ft roll up doors units for $295/month the person i talked to said the units have 250 amp circuits... the warehouse is layed out so there is like a 12ft block wall between units, so the top of the wall is open so air could circulate across the entire warehouse freely...

DO NOT add them 1 at a time to test the circuit, 1 not reliable and 2 not safe at all - and if you have any spikes you'll trip it as well as constant load will heat the wires and start tripping the breaker in the future. Buy a kill a watt meter so you know how much you're drawing from the actual outlet (wall as you kids say).

I am not saying i will be adding them to test the circuit to say... my step dad is very certain that the outlet will take everything the 1200watt PSU can throw at it.. because when he was redoing the floors he had his table saw plugged into that room and its 1800watts.... I am probably going to add them 1 at at time after the first 4, because 1) i dont know how well the 4U case will cool the cards.. im very un-educated on the cooling capacity of a 4U case compared to a typical PC case... and 2) i already have 6 x GTX 1080ti's.... based on my earnings i should earn enough  BTC to buy 2 GTX1080ti cards a month... im not looking to take out more personal funds on this really.. trying to use more of the mined money to pay for the hardware and just let the rigs snowball the amount of earnings i can gain as i add more GPU's...

I guess the reason i worded the way i did previously is due to how horrible the circuit load is at my Condo.. just sad i cant run 4 1080tis on a single circuit in my condo... without tripping a breaker..
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Pages:
Jump to: