Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 72. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah, skein likes core, not mem... its more math than memory oriented like other algos.  You don't get a ton, but you get some out of it.

I set power lower 65%   about 800 a 1080 ti   room is cooler and pretty stable mining

Summary..............Miners..........Shares...........Hashrate*....................Reject*
skein.....................3....................8.0803%.........7 GH/s   

Details......................Extra..........................................Alg o.......Diff   ES*......*   Hashrate*......Reject*

ccminer/alexis-1.0......four1080TI,c=BTC,skein,stats.......skein.......0.6.................2.5 GH/s
ccminer/alexis-1.0......three1080TI,c=BTC,skein,stats.....skein.......0.8.................2.1 GH/s
ccminer/alexis-1.0......two1080TI,c=BTC,skein,stats.......skein........0.8................2.4 GH/s

* approximate from the last 5 minutes submitted shares
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
yeah, skein likes core, not mem... its more math than memory oriented like other algos.  You don't get a ton, but you get some out of it.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
I am doing skein again  along with zec

1.7.3 for skein  is doing 950 per 1080 ti

any settings info would help

I am 65% power  125 core -300 memory 75% fan

changed to 70% power 150 core 100 memory 75% fan

I got a bit more hash.

Just playing around with my 1080Ti. I've got it running at 916mh without taxing the computer too much(intensity=25).
75% power seems to be the sweet spot for efficiency...power atw goes way up for very little hash gain after that.

80% power=325atw
870mh

75% power=310atw
856mh (best setting)

70% power = 296atw
828mh

60% power = 269atw
760mh

I was able to get those hashrates up another 50-100 just by increasing the core clock. It seems Skein is really responsive to core clock.
Activity: 238
Am running smos on that rig which should not have any issues with 6. Am leaning more towards me missing something in the bios not set right. Appreciate the tips!
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey guys, I have a tb85 am trying to get 6 gpu going on but every time I populate the x16 slot with riser the others are not seen. I KNOW it is something stupid in bios I am overlooking, but have been trying for a couple days now so would appreciate a little pointer. Thanks!

Are you on Windows 10?  If so, I built 2 6x470s on that Mobo recently so might be able to help.  Firstly, if you're trying it on Windows 7, I highly recommend the still free upgrade to W10.  I tried to build a few 6x rigs with W7 and was never able to get them running smoothly (or at all) with 5-6 GPUs... even after the reg-mod, etc.  Once I went to W10, absolutely NO issues with 6, except of course for the crappy updates that can't all be stopped, but I think I have mitigated that aspect for now anyway.

One thing that I have found works best is to install the 1st GPU (via riser) in that x16 slot. I have done this on both TB85 rigs as well as ASRock BTC R2 and it worked perfectly. Originally, I tried other slots first and it tended to cause problems.  I load the the first GPU to that x16 slot and have the monitor hooked up to it as well on all 4 of my rigs.  After the x16 slot, I do the first (farthest right, closet to the CPU) x1 slot, then slot 3, 4, 5 & 6 in order, one at a time.

If this doesn't work, you might want to try different risers (if you haven't already). Seems like there are a few bad batches of the molex version powered USB risers going around lately as I have like a 50% fail rate on those lately and returned most of them.  Luckily, the 6-pin PCIe versions seem to me much more stable... I am 12 for 12 on those so far.

I got a bit more hash.

For me I'm using : 65% power 275 core, fan your choice this on NVIDIA GTX 1080 TI. Got it running for days without any issue.

Can you link your miner client? You're still doing more hash than me with lower core settings, as far I know memory overclock doesn't make difference for me.

Am running alexisminer also. doing good for a few days now

What pool do you use? At blocksfactory I randomly get share above target error, and after a long search haven't found a way to solve it. Do you experience the same?

Am running on zpool. In process of setting up another rig with 1x 980ti for grins (got it CHEAP) to see how it does on neoscrypt.

edit: after tweaking it was only able to get $1.67/day at nicehash. Tongue
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

I got a bit more hash.

For me I'm using : 65% power 275 core, fan your choice this on NVIDIA GTX 1080 TI. Got it running for days without any issue.

Can you link your miner client? You're still doing more hash than me with lower core settings, as far I know memory overclock doesn't make difference for me.

What pool do you use? At blocksfactory I randomly get share above target error, and after a long search haven't found a way to solve it. Do you experience the same?

I got a bit more hash.

Just switched my 1080ti to zpool. What clock settings are y'all running for skein? Thanks

stock.  Power isn't a concern for me.  I haven't heard of any boost other than slightly lower wattage... so, I leave it alone.

I got it going  and I do a bit less then 1000 per 1080 ti.

Skein pays okay better then ZEC.

So I can run 0 core and 0 memory I will give that a try.

Am running skein +180 core and +300 mem 75% power for 880 mh on 1080ti fe and 660 mh on 1080 fe. getting around 5mh/watt according to the miner  Smiley
Activity: 39

I got a bit more hash.

legendary
Just switched my 1080ti to zpool. What clock settings are y'all running for skein? Thanks

stock.  Power isn't a concern for me.  I haven't heard of any boost other than slightly lower wattage... so, I leave it alone.

I got it going  and I do a bit less then 1000 per 1080 ti.

Skein pays okay better then ZEC.

So I can run 0 core and 0 memory I will give that a try.
Hey guys, I have a tb85 am trying to get 6 gpu going on but every time I populate the x16 slot with riser the others are not seen. I KNOW it is something stupid in bios I am overlooking, but have been trying for a couple days now so would appreciate a little pointer. Thanks!
Activity: 56
Somebody with skillz in this needs to write y'all some tuning optimization tools so you can seize opportunities better.  You guys seem to know your danger zones on variables, so set 'em and let it explore within said ranges.  Run 24h or so maybe, there's your settings for a bit.  No, it isn't me, just an idea.
legendary

I got a bit more hash.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
man where in the world did siacoin come from!!!
that thing jumped so much in profit over night
Activity: 27
Anyone know if MSI afterburner wattage readings are fairly accurate?

For the nVidia, it is quite good.
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Anyone know if MSI afterburner wattage readings are fairly accurate?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

Thanks for the answers y'all!

@fullzero  Does your OS support the MSI Z97 Gaming 5?

The 378.13 Driver limits to 6x GPUs.

this ASRock H81 PRO BTC or BIOSTAR TB85 build will OC 5 of the 6 GPUs on a MSI Z97 Gaming 5.  Getting the sixth to OC can be done by editing the xorg.conf file, or patching it using this process:

on first boot close mining process if open

Log out

Attach a monitor or dummy plug each GPU.

open Ubuntu start button equivalent on top right. 

Type: n 

now you should see Nvidia X Server Settings

open Nvidia X Server Settings

select X server Display Configuration

look in the display area click each box that has a black boarder  (should only be the one screen) and change "configuration" to: New x screen)

click Save to X Configuration File

save xorg  ( ensure Merge with existing file is checked and the field contains: /etc/X11/xorg.conf )

Note: you may need to browse an existing xorg file; in order to enable selecting Merge with existing file

password is: miner1

quit Nvidia X Server Settings (you must actually quit)

close mining process if open

logout

login

now all 6x cards should OC

I used to have an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 ( I sold it to a friend who primarily uses AMD cards (as he can use all 7 slots) ).  I think I have an old image I could modify for you have trouble getting the sixth card to OC.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
As far as USB keys go - they ARE a lot slower than any reasonably current hard drive, much less ANY sata-interface SSD - but they're fast ENOUGH to run a mining machine on, CHEAP, and it's trivial to "clone" them so you have a spare around if one dies.
 I'm seeing decent Sandisk 128MB USB drives at WALMART for less than any decent current HD, and those are severe overkill for most mining machine usage (I think they also carry the 64 and 32 gb versions of that USB drive for quite a bit less, though not quite down to the $8 of that Lexar - Walmart USED to have the 32GB Sandisk as well but they seem to have discontinued that after selling out their last stock at $10 or so).

This usb does ~130mb/s sequential read and ~25mb/s write, its read speed is on par with most HHD.  Just because most usb keys are slow; doesn't mean all are.
legendary
I have an issue with my GPUs.

I have 4x Palit 1070 Super Jetstream NE51070S15P2-1041J.

After some mining time one the GPU is going offline and PC is seeing only 3x GPUs after that.

So you can continue mining on 3x GPU only.

To bring back  4x GPU you need to unplug this offline GPU, power on PC, power off PC, plug in GPU.

Only after that the PC will see it.

What could be the issue here? Maybe too much Core Clock or Memory Clock?

http://imgur.com/a/qRR9n

I set up -40% power limit, 90 core, 400 memory

try -35% power  85 core 375 memory
Pages:
Jump to: