Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 74. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Thanks....I got it working.
But it really bogs my computer down, I tried underclocking the cards but it still lags badly.
Will have to stick with EWBF for now , I can still use the computer running that.

U need to trim down intensity on ccminer using the -i flag to the point you are comfortable with usage.

intensity will vary between algos; but you will see a noticeable dip in hashrate when lowering mining intensity.... be prepared for that.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Ok I have one of those, and that CPU.  I will make a specific image for it with newest changes and upload it tomorrow.  I have a 3x 1080ti Running, but I would like to see if a 6x can be stable; both with or without plusCPU.   Smiley

Do you have a fast 16gb or larger USB key?  I recommend using this one:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T61JM4E

I use a 60gb ssd from aliexpress, the brand is Kingdian. If you have a proven stable OS, I'm interested.

I just added a fully compatible nvOC image for the Biostar TB250-BTC

nvOC is for fast 16gb or larger USB keys only: I highly recommend using this 32gb one as it is now cheaper than the 16gb one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T61JM4E

nvOC is so stable I run cpuminer-opt to mine XMR while mining ZEC with EWBF; I have done this across all my rigs for over a week and half now.  Wink

Thanks....I got it working.
But it really bogs my computer down, I tried underclocking the cards but it still lags badly.
Will have to stick with EWBF for now , I can still use the computer running that.

Stats for 2 x 1080GTX :

Activity: 241
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
it is indeed not the best way to make a tests, but, hey you are taking this too seriously... the diff is only 4-5mhs  Cool)
it just felt that w10 makes this diff.

hardware is different, however, the asus vids and win10 are on lga775 based board/chipset, while others are all newer, z170, all vids are FE's
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
back to the question of SLI / WIN10 benefits...

i have two systems in hand right now, one runs 2x asus 1080ti fe at 1481/1582 clocks on WIN10 / SLI and 2x nvidia 1080ti fe at 1481/1582 clock sli bridge connected but gpu-z says sli is disabledm having these setups i have

ASUS producing 125,6 MHs (nicehash)
NVIDIA producing 121,4 MHs (nicehash)

and a single EVGA 1080ti fe 1481/1582 clock producing 62,5MHs (nicehash)

so clocks all the same, temps are same, the only difference is win7/win10 i probably wont take sli in to consideration as a single 1080ti fe on same clocks does 64,5mhs and if doubled we get 125mhs non sli, so....

it looks like WINDOWS 10 IS ACTUALLY MAKES it a little bit better - imho

not a good test method to say win 10 is better then win 7

humor me  asus is running wind 10 correct

and nvidia is running on win 7 correct?

and these are all founders edition correct?

same motherboards?
same psu ?
same ram?
same cpu?
same ssd or hdd?

if they are exactly the same  you are close but not close enough

check the ram in both asus 1080 ti
check the ram in both nvidia 1080 ti

if they are the same  you are closer but not close enough

check the asic value for all 4 gpu chips  if they are all the same  you are closer

but   if you switch the cards on the win 7 setup for the cards on the win 10 setup

and the results show that the win 10 wins again   you will have done a much better test to see if win 10 is faster then win 7 on the one particular mining software you used.

every programer's software optimizes a bit different.

and I did not mention if asus has better win 10 firmware
and nvidia 1080 ti has better win 10 firmware

msi could have better win 7 firmware

it does matter if you are a big player with 100 setups it is 4 or 5 x 100 = 500mh 24/7/365
Activity: 241
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
back to the question of SLI / WIN10 benefits...

i have two systems in hand right now, one runs 2x asus 1080ti fe at 1481/1582 clocks on WIN10 / SLI and 2x nvidia 1080ti fe at 1481/1582 clock sli bridge connected but gpu-z says sli is disabledm having these setups i have

ASUS producing 125,6 MHs (nicehash)
NVIDIA producing 121,4 MHs (nicehash)

and a single EVGA 1080ti fe 1481/1582 clock producing 62,5MHs (nicehash)

so clocks all the same, temps are same, the only difference is win7/win10 i probably wont take sli in to consideration as a single 1080ti fe on same clocks does 64,5mhs and if doubled we get 125mhs non sli, so....

it looks like WINDOWS 10 IS ACTUALLY MAKES it a little bit better - imho
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Just switched my 1080ti to zpool. What clock settings are y'all running for skein? Thanks

stock.  Power isn't a concern for me.  I haven't heard of any boost other than slightly lower wattage... so, I leave it alone.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Ok I have one of those, and that CPU.  I will make a specific image for it with newest changes and upload it tomorrow.  I have a 3x 1080ti Running, but I would like to see if a 6x can be stable; both with or without plusCPU.   Smiley

Do you have a fast 16gb or larger USB key?  I recommend using this one:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T61JM4E

I use a 60gb ssd from aliexpress, the brand is Kingdian. If you have a proven stable OS, I'm interested.

I just added a fully compatible nvOC image for the Biostar TB250-BTC

nvOC is for fast 16gb or larger USB keys only: I highly recommend using this 32gb one as it is now cheaper than the 16gb one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T61JM4E

nvOC is so stable I run cpuminer-opt to mine XMR while mining ZEC with EWBF; I have done this across all my rigs for over a week and half now.  Wink
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Well, I finally broke down and sold a few ETH coins at $101.50 (to cash, not BTC).  During the last 2 weeks with those couple of scary down-swings, I swore I would sell some if it broke $100 again so i kept my word to myself lol.  Now sure, it may be $120 by tomorrow morning but I have got to break myself out of this crypto-hoarding mentality lol.  It's just so hard to sell during what seems like a bull market, but I gotta start taking some profits, for peace of mind if nothing else.  I am still probably a bit over-leveraged on ETH, but I really like a lot of things going on with the Ethereum network (like Enterprise Ethereum Alliance, and a lot of other coins either on or moving to ETH network.  Hopefully this will also embolden me to start taking profits on some other alts... but i doubt it lol.

edit 1: and of course, in the few minutes it took to write this post, ETH went up another $4 lol!  So be it... just gotta be happy since in the grand scheme of things, I never could have imagined ETH even at $50 much less $100. When i started mining in 6-7 months ago, it was $10 lol.
Activity: 238
Just switched my 1080ti to zpool. What clock settings are y'all running for skein? Thanks
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Does anyone know the most efficient card for ETH?

Would it be the 1070gtx?  (28mh/90 watts)

I never saw 28Mh out of my 1070s at anywhere near that low of power usage - but in fairness I never really tried to optimise them for power usage on ETH, and they certainly hit 28.5 (or a bit more on the Gigabyte full-length cards) easily enough.

I think around $200 RX470 is still the best ETH card, best bang for the buck.

With good customs roms, 28-30MHs at 100w, is achievable easy.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-470-ethereum-mining/

Thanks fella's.

@Jaredkaragen...Great post. I have tried getting Skein working but I couldn't get it going. All the different versions of the software and compiling etc is confusing for a n00b!
Will have another go :^)

Skein is super easy to get going on zpool and is very profitable right now Smiley
My 1080ti's can break ~1000 h/s and it doesn't appear to be too taxing

Grab Nemos miner and he has precompiled miners in there - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nemosminer-multi-algo-profit-switching-nvidiacpu-miner-1777336
Then use ccminerAlexis78.exe and run the following command:
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u YOURBITCOINADDRESS -p c=BTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
How taxing in skein, i.e. Does it produce more or less heat than Groestl? Looks like mining DGB with skein could be more profitable...
legendary
thanks Phil

Those Katana's after much reading are clocked lower but can throttle up when fans speeds up.

The spacing is just sweet - perfect for 4 x Katana rig.

Now if only the 2nd slimmest 1070s are available...

I got better temps in the case with  1 good fan a bitmain as an exhaust fan
These are  fit 4 easy in a case with 4 good fans

once I replace the red intake  it will be cooler

side view 2 katana 1 asus strix  about 1130 sols  and 375 watts at the kill-a-watt meter
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Would it be the 1070gtx?  (28mh/90 watts)

I never saw 28Mh out of my 1070s at anywhere near that low of power usage - but in fairness I never really tried to optimise them for power usage on ETH, and they certainly hit 28.5 (or a bit more on the Gigabyte full-length cards) easily enough.

what brand/models do you use to achieve stable 28-30MHs with rx470 ?

To be fully stable and avoid rejects, I'm generally closer to 27MHs.

with custom roms, sapphire 470 nitro OC 4gb, hynix memory even 29.XXMH no issues on Windows.
on smos, 27-28MH easily achievable, cool and about 1000w only 6 x cards - for 470 thats quite an achievement.
Thats why the 470 is easily the likely mining card winner and also hard to find.
BBT had tested RX570 doing 168MH on smos on custom roms.
Activity: 186

Would it be the 1070gtx?  (28mh/90 watts)

Thanks fella's.

@Jaredkaragen...Great post. I have tried getting Skein working but I couldn't get it going. All the different versions of the software and compiling etc is confusing for a n00b!
Will have another go :^)
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

what brand/models do you use to achieve stable 28-30MHs with rx470 ?

To be fully stable and avoid rejects, I'm generally closer to 27MHs.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
thanks Phil

Those Katana's after much reading are clocked lower but can throttle up when fans speeds up.

The spacing is just sweet - perfect for 4 x Katana rig.

Now if only the 2nd slimmest 1070s are available...
legendary
phil - when convinient - pls post Katana rig pix, spacing on GT7 etc. Thanks

four cards open air

note temps on one card are too high not sure if it is a thermal paste issue

three in a case  with extra fans down to 82C
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
So as a "rule", I have windows update turned off on my W7 boxes.  However, I'm all for keeping them reasonably up to date so they don't become hijacked, like Gaby mentioned.

Does anyone have a nice way to apply a "roll-up" update that contains "many" updates (Windows 7), rather than enabling windows update?

ms now uses a monthly "roll up" update once a month on win7/10.

on 7 i just tell it to let me know. after a few days with no issues reported on the web it let it update. i do a full image backup 1st though. if something tanks from the update  i restore from backup.

no way to pick and choose what updates you want in 7/10 now, its all or nothing.

as for 10.. well its only on my notebooks and they dont mine. they are on wifi and i set them as metered connections so they cant download and update till i turn that off. same deal, full image backup 1st.

full image backups have saved me mucho problems. use macrium reflect free version.
Pages:
Jump to: