Pages:
Author

Topic: France plane crash: No survivors expected [Condolences to the families] - page 5. (Read 7962 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
A young man full of proud and hope in a top career, selected to end his life in such a horrible way, the only cause is woman  Grin Grin

I'm going to guess the reason was religion.  The world needs to rid itself of that cancer.   Undecided

No the pilot suffered depression in the past it is known now. And furthermore the media mentioned there might be indeed relationship problems since a few months. So we will get to know more soon I think.
This is a real tradegy. I feel with the people who lost their family members. It must feel pretty terrible to know you lost your relative because of one person who choosed to end his life and was willing to take 149 other souls with him.
Really really sad story! Cry
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Then I think huge parachutes can be a good option to lower the speed. Or there can be a big fan underneath the plane like those having stability like helicopters.

Those are doesn't really matter if the pilot want to crash the plane.
A big parachute needs high altitude and "thick" air to open and slow down stuff. In addition we are talking about a big and relative fragile 60-70 tons plane, so you would really need quite a lot of huge parachutes.
legendary
Activity: 1652
I dont understand one thing , if pilot can eject , why not people ? Also I have heard that the co-pilot wanted to crash the plane making it an Intentional Plane Crash
There are no ejector seats on A320s.

Dont you think there should be ?

It wouldn't work anyway. Hundreds of seats flying up at once, parachutes all getting twisted up.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I dont understand one thing , if pilot can eject , why not people ? Also I have heard that the co-pilot wanted to crash the plane making it an Intentional Plane Crash

On a passenger plane no one can eject. Everybody goes where the plane goes. Splitting the plane to ejectable cabin sections would be useful indeed, but I'm not sure how effective that would be as 80% of the accidents are used to happen during the take-off or landing (low altitude but high speed) what isn't ideal for such a solution.

Then I think huge parachutes can be a good option to lower the speed. Or there can be a big fan underneath the plane like those having stability like helicopters.
legendary

On a passenger plane no one can eject. Everybody goes where the plane goes. Splitting the plane to ejectable cabin sections would be useful indeed, but I'm not sure how effective that would be as 80% of the accidents are used to happen during the take-off or landing (low altitude but high speed) what isn't ideal for such a solution.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Where the fuck are huge parachutes for whole cabin? Totally technically plausible.
The flight recorder revealed the passengers were calm until seconds before the crash, there was no time to evacuate even if they had parachutes.

It's harder than you might think. Usually people are afraid of heights and would hesitate or even panic before the jump, so the evacuation would take at least 10 min. What is more, you wouldn't be able to use front doors because they would be sucked by the engines, so everyone would have to jump out the rear.

No, there is no way to provide ejection equipment for passengers.  They could be provided with airbags,which would help in some cases.

The air at 38,000 feet is so thin you cannot survive without immediate and continual pure oxygen such as from an oxygen mask.  It is really, really cold.  Like -50C.  This is why in a depressurization the pilot must dive the aircraft to immediately get to a safe altitude like 10,000 feet.

Dont you think there should be ?  I mean if this goes on , many people will keep dying in front of our eyes and we wouldnt be able to do anything.
legendary
legendary
A theory. If he was suffering from depression but that went away, however depression rarely disappears without a mayor positive change in ones life or without treatment. (In many cases it doesn't even disappears but turns to a "background process".) So I guess he might be on antidepressants. Antidepressants have a range of well known side effects from minor inconveniences up to "suicidal thoughts or actions" and "violent actions"... (Like a bloke in the States who got antidepressants to help quit smoking but after a few doses he killed his two kids and himself, instead.)
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Another "Allah Akbar" case?

I don't think the suicidal (co-pilot) was inspired by a religion. Its was only a stupid way to die (and condolences to the all victims families).
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Another "Allah Akbar" case?
legendary
From what I've seen and read, the pilot tried knocking and then kicking the door down for 8 minutes. I wonder why he didn't try to get others to join in - a la United Airlines 93? Granted, the doors leading up to the cockpits on modern planes are stronger nowadays due to new safety regulations passed since the 9/11 terrorist attacks but surely three or four people + a drink cart or fire extinguisher would have afforded a better chance of breaking the door down?

I heard on a news report that cockpit door was designed to withstand a grenade blast.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
From what I've seen and read, the pilot tried knocking and then kicking the door down for 8 minutes. I wonder why he didn't try to get others to join in - a la United Airlines 93? Granted, the doors leading up to the cockpits on modern planes are stronger nowadays due to new safety regulations passed since the 9/11 terrorist attacks but surely three or four people + a drink cart or fire extinguisher would have afforded a better chance of breaking the door down?

And really, anyone no matter what their job, age, wealth, or status can go crazy so the risk of these types of things happening cannot be entirely eliminated - only minimized. Having two pilots in the cockpit at all times makes sense. Think about it: If a typical pilot has a one percent chance of going berserk during a flight, then two pilots going berserk at the same time is one percent of one percent - i.e. 0.01 percent. That alone reduces the risk by a factor of 100 (although I suppose a truly motivated pilot could use social engineering to force or manipulate the other pilot into leaving the cockpit).
legendary
The flight recorder revealed the passengers were calm until seconds before the crash

I know that's what we've all been told, but I don't really buy that.
After a minute the captain would of been hammering hard on the door, his voice raising every second. There's no way the passengers wouldn't of realised something was very wrong early in the 8 minutes. The flight attendants wouldn't of been able to hide the fear from their faces.
Also the plane was descending fast, the passengers would of known this.

Let's hope I'm wrong though.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
This is going to increase airfare prices for sure in Canada, now that you need at least three people in the cockpit.

(Air Canada is requiring two people in the cockpit at all times, so unless the pilots can "hold it in" the entire flight, you need three!)

http://globalnews.ca/news/1905570/air-canada-to-implement-new-policy-requiring-2-people-in-cockpit/

Yep it's a standard being set now
Air Canada WestJet all the carriers as the policy went into law, by consideration this actually is a return to Pre-911 policy though so it's interesting to see that it has gone back full circle in a sense.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
A young man full of proud and hope in a top career, selected to end his life in such a horrible way, the only cause is woman  Grin Grin

I'm going to guess the reason was religion.  The world needs to rid itself of that cancer.   Undecided
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
the mechanism to unlock the door by punching in a code from the outside, was overridden from the cockpit. That would mean that the co-pilot was actively working to keep the pilot out, and knew what he was doing.

Wow.  Why is overriding this even an option?   Shocked

What a terrifying last few minutes for the passengers.
I assume, to prevent unauthorized entry by someone who may have intimidated the crew into giving them the passcode or key.

The only people that should have the key (it can be changed on every flight) should be the two pilots.  When one leaves, he should be guaranteed a way to return.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination

Again the spirit of bitcoin shines: Trust a system instead of human
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
the mechanism to unlock the door by punching in a code from the outside, was overridden from the cockpit. That would mean that the co-pilot was actively working to keep the pilot out, and knew what he was doing.

Wow.  Why is overriding this even an option?   Shocked

What a terrifying last few minutes for the passengers.
I assume, to prevent unauthorized entry by someone who may have intimidated the crew into giving them the passcode or key.
Pages:
Jump to: