Pages:
Author

Topic: FS: PCI-Express Extender Cables(w/ Molex)*GPU Dummy Plugs*PSU Adapters - page 17. (Read 83059 times)

legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
If i want to run 4* 5870, then i can go for a mother board with 2 pci ex16 or 8 slot & 2 pci x1 slot?
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
So if I buy a motherboard with one slot x16 an other slot x1, with this product I will be able to run 2 graphic cards at the same time for mining, right?
Yep

Will the graphic card connected to the x16 get more mhash/s than the other one connected to x1 if both of them are the same model?
Both slots will deliver the same performance for mining.

Thank god that i found this topic, i almost purchased a double PCIe x16 motherboard just for mining and now with this cable i will save some bucks purchasing a single x16 and x1 Smiley
I will order the cable tomorrow, thank you!
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Is the molex connector needed for overclocked 5850s and 5870s?
To my knowledge no, only for the dual GPU cards such as 5970's or 6990's.

So if I buy a motherboard with one slot x16 an other slot x1, with this product I will be able to run 2 graphic cards at the same time for mining, right?
Yep

Will the graphic card connected to the x16 get more mhash/s than the other one connected to x1 if both of them are the same model?
Both slots will deliver the same performance for mining.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501

Thanks!
Activity: 726
Merit: 500
Is the molex connector needed for overclocked 5850s and 5870s?
Atarhorn: PMed with address request and payment info, etc.

I'm not sure if the Price display is an issue with MtGox or with the price conversion script, looking into it. For now please refresh the page if the prices do not show or PM me with questions. Should be fixed soon.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
the BTC price is not working correctly in your first post.
A lot of the price is just empty.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

I'd like to buy you :

2X PCIe x1 to 16x Adapter Modified Riser Extender Cable w/ Molex Connector

with 1st class international shipping Smiley
Contacted each of you,

Pictures for the Adapter Modified 1x -> 16x Cables up. Working on other pictures now.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
I'd be interested in the modified risers. I'm assuming those are the ones with the power lines connected to a molex adapter, right?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
It is not supposed to hold the card, it's only supposed to connect it.

Can you explain further? How is the card supported then?

By whatever your heart desires..
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
I would be amused to know whether eBay cuts your listing short simply for including the word "Bitcoin", regardless of the fact that you're not mentioning it to solicit a non-PayPal payment.

And if not now, in the future.

I have seen a few ATI cards for sale on ebay recently promoting "Great for bitcoins!" in their titles...
legendary
So do you have 1x extender with the other end cut open to allow a 16x to be inserted?
You are losing a lot of business every day you delay those pictures.
Hello folks,

Cable length is about 19cm or 7.5''. The cables are not shielded (at this time) though it is not an issue from what I've experienced as long as no devices touch the cables and the cables themselves don't touch each other. trentbz has no issues with his pictures posted above from what I've been told, if I understand correctly.

I should have a chance to hopefully get some decent pictures together tomorrow.

Thanks for the questions & input!
legendary
Agree, we want more info as to the length of those cables.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
What lengths do you have the PCIe x1 modified cables in?

These guys have up to 50cm but at some point the comms link will be affected I suspect.

http://www.ameri-rack.com/ARC1-PESX1B-Cx_m.html

Also are your ribbon cables shielded (EMI shielding) like these ones?

I'm up for one if length is longer than 10cm. If I can get 30cm would be great.
legendary
Will you upload pictures (or have ebay links) by the end of day?
What is the benefit of PCIe x1 to 16x Adapter Modified Riser Extender Cable w/ Molex connector?
Why would one want it with the Molex connector?

These are for anyone running a 5970 or a 6990 Card via an extender cable. It has been shown that enough power is being drawn through the PCIe slot to cause physical damage to a cable in a short period of time with a highpower card. This modification allows bypassing power around the PCIe bus.
I sent funds for 1 of your pcie1x to pcie16x adapter w/ molex connector.  I got a gmail error sending my email, but then it went through the second time, hopefully you get it.
Received, thank you. Will PM you tracking information once sent.
Pages:
Jump to: