Pages:
Author

Topic: [FTC] Feathercoin Development Overview - page 9. (Read 26830 times)

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
July 28, 2014, 05:55:45 AM
Smothie,

FTC just evolved Scrypt in certain way (completely different from Scrypt-Jane or Scrypt-N), I don't see nothing wrong at it.
In fact Feathercoin just offered whole Scrypt ecosystem new direction.

We should all be happy somebody is trying to push the algo forward and is developing new aplications.
Especially todays when 90% of new coins are complete scam.
I was never biggest Litecoin fan, but I do like your LTC related products.

I will be very hapy to try my GPUs at this algorithm.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2014, 05:20:06 AM
Is it a good time to buy feathercoin with all these new developments happening?

Well, noone likes to give financial advice, because it's risky business. On the other hand, if you look current development on this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-feathercoin-newsletter-34-ftc-offers-way-for-scrypt-coins-to-survive-704588 you can make your own conclusions. Once NeoScrypt kicks in, and ASIC miners stop dumping, I guess there should be some differences in price...

I highly doubt that any existing ASIC miners are mining FTC in any meaningful amount.

Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception. I personally see no value in FTC currently.

FTC always been perceived as a coin created simply for the missed the btc boat crowd. Tried to market itself as the something (I have no idea what) to LTC silver of BTC gold but yeah few ever bought that....

So think my question is, whats the point to feather coin?
Activity: 291
Merit: 106
Founder #Zerozed $x0z
July 28, 2014, 04:49:44 AM
....Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception....

Have a flick through our newsletters for the last 8 months.. https://www.feathercoin.com/category/Newsletter/

Or here's a copy and paste of something you might have missed on the other thread you've replied to..

From Point of sales equipment and ATM's to embedding magnet links in our blockchain, and even working with a local council to educate and help them establish their own localised crypto currency.
Feather ATM | Link/Flux | Hull City Council

We're sending a ftc wallet literally to the moon's surface, and raised a ton of money for cancer research.
Ftc to Moon | PCUK

We have created an open source solution for checkpointing and also diff re-targeting that puts all the gravity wells to shame.
ACP | eHRC.

These projects have all been achieved over roughly ftc's first 12 months of life, where we have survived multiple hardforks, a 51% attack and a forum hack.

Endlessly the Feathercoin community has worked with other coins to either help or even in some cases save their coin.

ftc's ethos is that we should all be working together to create the best open source solutions possible.

You just wait and see what else we have planned.. or, come on over to the forum and find out for yourself..
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 28, 2014, 04:24:54 AM

Well, noone likes to give financial advice, because it's risky business. On the other hand, if you look current development on this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-feathercoin-newsletter-34-ftc-offers-way-for-scrypt-coins-to-survive-704588 you can make your own conclusions. Once NeoScrypt kicks in, and ASIC miners stop dumping, I guess there should be some differences in price...

I highly doubt that any existing ASIC miners are mining FTC in any meaningful amount.

Feathercoin has lacked on development on all fronts since its inception. I personally see no value in FTC currently.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
July 28, 2014, 04:19:32 AM

Activity: 253
Merit: 252
July 27, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
July 27, 2014, 09:22:02 AM
I'm not one who goes around criticizing coins but am just saying it's always been a mystery how Feathercoin has managed to survive on it's own blockchain for so long?!

It's got exactly the same genesis block, nonce, merkle root and magic bytes as Litecoin. Shouldn't this be causing catastrophic headaches for everyone involved?

There is a solution in the works for this.
Activity: 109
Merit: 35
July 26, 2014, 02:47:13 PM
I'm not one who goes around criticizing coins but am just saying it's always been a mystery how Feathercoin has managed to survive on it's own blockchain for so long?!

It's got exactly the same genesis block, nonce, merkle root and magic bytes as Litecoin. Shouldn't this be causing catastrophic headaches for everyone involved?
legendary
July 26, 2014, 02:34:14 PM
Mainpost updated!

Added:

Press Release #NeoScrypt

Whitepaper to follow.
legendary
July 24, 2014, 09:29:02 AM
ChekaZ can you add rPi price ticker please?

Thanks for that suggestion, added.

Mainpost updated.

Added:

Raspbery Pi based FTC Ticker
legendary
July 23, 2014, 12:18:07 PM
ChekaZ can you add rPi price ticker please?
legendary
July 22, 2014, 10:59:33 AM
Mainpost updated:

Added:

Official Feathercoin Newsletter #34

- NeoScrypt P2Pool for testing available.
legendary
July 20, 2014, 10:09:56 AM
Mainpost updated.

Added:

Feathercoin Moon Mission
legendary
July 08, 2014, 03:58:56 AM

Generell we arent against Asics, when the time is right, there will be Gridseed and ASIC support.

Mainpost updated:

Added:

Feathercoin Market

So you're saying this new Algo is compatible with scrypt asics...just not the current iteration of the software?

No its not compatible with Scrypt Asics. New ones need to be made for NeoScrypt.

But there is still good use for Scrypt ASICS and Neoscrypt.
ASICS can mine at feathercoin multipool and get payouts in FTC (and thus increase buy support).
Multipool details are on the top of this thread.
legendary
July 07, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

Generell we arent against Asics, when the time is right, there will be Gridseed and ASIC support.

Mainpost updated:

Added:

Feathercoin Market

So you're saying this new Algo is compatible with scrypt asics...just not the current iteration of the software?

No its not compatible with Scrypt Asics. New ones need to be made for NeoScrypt.
legendary
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
July 06, 2014, 10:55:25 PM

Mainpost updated:

Added:

Feathercoin Market

legendary
July 05, 2014, 08:50:05 AM

Mainpost updated:

Added:

Feathercoin Market
Pages:
Jump to: