Pages:
Author

Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 2316 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
July 01, 2018, 12:15:57 AM
The market will always follow what bitcoin does since it's the main pairing to all alts. Etherium is nice but it doesn't have as much volume as Bitcoin has.

OH, you want to buy some xrp? gotta buy bitcoin first. Oh, you want to buy some trx? gotta buy some bitcoin first. etc.

And every time you sell bitcoin into ur altcoin, there's also a buyer who just sold his altcoin for ur bitcoin.

So if you want to break away from bitcoin in prices, you have to make more etheriums, more neos, more vens so ppl have more options to buy their altcoins.

Or better yet, pair them with USD, formerly USDT, but we see how that went.
Activity: 31
July 01, 2018, 12:00:46 AM
I think if bitcoin crashes everything will obviously fall. Including eth. It will stay at that point for about a week until it settles. Even if that settlement point is at 0. Then you would see a rapid rise in eth and since eth would be the main trading pair the altcoins would follow. Everything would survive in the end. But honestly the only way btc crashes like that is if a unfixable bug is found in the code. But if it crashes there would be that turning point to Ethereum.
Activity: 123
June 30, 2018, 11:59:54 PM
Over the next 6-12 months we will see a massive increase in fiat support on exchanges. I think this will eventually lead to the end of alt prices being directly tied to BTC prices, and something similar to USDT / Tether being used to price alts.
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
June 30, 2018, 11:57:51 PM
First of all, this will probably never happen. And secondly, even if such a terrible event happens to bitcoin, altcoins will not die because most of the capitalization of cryptocurrencies will go to them.
I agree to that, even without bitcoin altcoins surely can survive. They will stand to their reputation as alternate coins of bitcoin and thats true that most of the capitalization will go to them. However,the existing of bitcoin in the crypto world is impossible to happen and even that happen I think that time we find already a substitute to bitcoin aside from altcoins. Well, were hope to see what may future brings.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
June 30, 2018, 07:33:42 PM
there are only a few altcoins that will survive if BITCOIN crashes. otherwise 80% altcoin will die and not be used. because the level of value is very low and the developers do not continue the project. I think the altcoin that will survive is that have USD pair. such as Ethereum, NEO, LTC, WAVES, XRP, STR.
Activity: 116
June 30, 2018, 06:09:38 PM
First of all, this will probably never happen. And secondly, even if such a terrible event happens to bitcoin, altcoins will not die because most of the capitalization of cryptocurrencies will go to them.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
June 17, 2018, 04:14:08 PM
Bitcoin is here to stay. Market is completely dependent upon Bitcoin. If there is no Bitcoin, then altcoins will likely die as well. Bitcoin is a central medium of exchange in altcoin trading and is the most trusted upon cryptocurrency. The market fate is highly dependent upon the existence of Bitcoin.

True but this is both good and bad. There are many projects that really have little to do with bitcoin which I would like to see do well regardless of bitcoin's success.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 03:10:14 PM
no bitcoins no altcoins that is my theory

it will be hard to imagine a new future without altcoins on here, that is what i think about all of them actually
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 02:47:36 PM
Bitcoin is here to stay. Market is completely dependent upon Bitcoin. If there is no Bitcoin, then altcoins will likely die as well. Bitcoin is a central medium of exchange in altcoin trading and is the most trusted upon cryptocurrency. The market fate is highly dependent upon the existence of Bitcoin.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
June 17, 2018, 08:45:26 AM
I agree with you somehow because most altcoins are dependent to btc but not all. I see that the value only gows down because the market is down in general and not just because the bitcoin is down.

In some points you are correct that not all the Altcoins are relying on Bitcoin even though they are the same in terms of transactions. Moreover in the market, Bitcoin has a greater value of coins than Altcoins but the advantage of altcoins that coins are listed on the market. Both coins has its own characteristic and both of them are use in better transaction so we to preserve each cryptocurrencies for the future.
Activity: 224
June 17, 2018, 07:50:33 AM
I think Cryptocurrency without Bitcoin will make all altcoin destroy.
Bitcoin is the oldest coin and has great value in the Cryptocurrency market.
I'm sure Bitcoin will still exist despite altcoin much because until now nothing can surpass Bitcoin.
Bitcoin will be there and altcoin will follow.
Activity: 210
June 17, 2018, 06:09:10 AM
Bitcoin is indeed a coin that greatly influences the development of altcoin.
If there is no Bitcoin there will be a deterioration in altcoin.
All this time altcoin is greatly affected by Bitcoin's price.
If Bitcoin decreases then altcoin also falls.
If Bitcoin rises then altcoin also rises.
Bitcoin is the most important coin in Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 102
June 17, 2018, 04:56:26 AM
I think this is a false proposition. Of course your problem is ahead of yours. I think the current cryptocurrency is inseparable from Bitcoin. Now belongs to coexistence and death time. Future government coins will enter the cryptocurrency. The value of Bitcoin will decline. But it is very likely that it is going up.
Activity: 308
Merit: 21
June 17, 2018, 01:39:28 AM
Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

Being the pioneer of cryptocurrency, BTC still rules the cryptocurrency market and its up and down controls the overall market. If BTC crashes, then altcoins will also crash. We are seeing very strong resistance at 6000 USD and if that breaks we will see some new All Time Low of 2018. But don't think that BTC will ever be eliminated, it has just begun his journey and ha a long way to go.
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
June 17, 2018, 12:59:26 AM
Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
altcoin may not live without bitcoin. because bitcoin is part of altcoin. all coins depend on bitcoin. so when bitcoin is off then all coins will die. that's just your thinking. and I'm sure bitcoin will live longer. because many are supportive.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2018, 12:01:26 AM
Bitcoin is the first coin and can be said to be the parent of all coins, if the price of bitcoin then automatically the price also decreases and vice versa, of course the future of altcoin is highly dependent of bitcoin and without bitcoin it will be difficult to make altcoin survive.
Hiw did you say that without bitcoin if we talk about this day for example if bitcoin will be out of the cryptocurrency. Some alternative coins can stand alone because they have enough foundation that is supposed to be a strong support to their project and more likely to continue
we can imagine that when bitcoin has completely disappeared. well, we know, that today, most of altcoin is really influenced by bitcoin prices. when the bitcoin price drops, so much altcoin that the price drops, it even goes down drastically. I think everything will be fine when ETH has parallel with bitcoin.
Activity: 497
Merit: 110
arcs-chain.com
June 16, 2018, 11:34:47 PM
Bitcoin is the first coin and can be said to be the parent of all coins, if the price of bitcoin then automatically the price also decreases and vice versa, of course the future of altcoin is highly dependent of bitcoin and without bitcoin it will be difficult to make altcoin survive.
Hiw did you say that without bitcoin if we talk about this day for example if bitcoin will be out of the cryptocurrency. Some alternative coins can stand alone because they have enough foundation that is supposed to be a strong support to their project and more likely to continue
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
June 16, 2018, 07:52:48 PM

Each cryptocurrency has an innate property called volatile if we refer to this, it is unlikely that Bitcoin and Altcoin will crash forever either decrease or increase both temporary, meaning nothing is eternal.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 16, 2018, 07:38:57 PM
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 07:18:12 PM
The beginning of altcoin without bitcoin would be very hard. I believe it. It might crash for longer time that we can not predict. When the time go on, we will know that altcoin can survive without bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the only one choice of cryptocurrency.
But one question, where will bitcoin goes? Hell? I dont think bitcoin will die.
Pages:
Jump to: