Pages:
Author

Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling - page 17. (Read 23084 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
June 21, 2013, 04:35:14 AM
LOL Rampion you're a bit late with that post, read the thread!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
June 21, 2013, 04:33:50 AM
So if matthew pays his bet he wouldn't deserve to get his tag at least "reviewed"?  Or do tags stick for now until the end of time?  If you get someone doing something shady to come clean, make the people whole, isn't that a good example to set?  If there is nothing to gain by coming clean and fixing the problem, then why even bother.  He might as well just go big and go out with a bang.

So your logic is: you get caught stealing, you give back the money, no harm done and thus no punishment.

That's a joke. If Werner was his sock puppet account, applying a scammer tag on Garr is the only way to protect users in future auctions created by Garr, or in any business transaction with him. If he gives back the money to starsoccer9 and that's it, what stops him to create more sockpuppets and continue to bid shill more auctions? If no tag is applied, he will still be seen by all users as the trustworthy member that holds money for the forum, etc. In fact, giving the type of character he is depicting of himself, one ready to publicly humiliate himself and give up basic principles to get his miners, while subtly implying he is being forced and blackmailed when the Skype logs contradict this, I would fear that in case  he goes unpunished because of paying back, he would find a way to scam more so he can make up for his" loss".

In any case, I think Garr created a big problem for himself. He has a company (cognitive) that will probably be shaken by the outcome of this.

If Werner was indeed his sockpuppet, I guess Garr will end up learning a very real and important lesson: you cannot be" a little bit" scammer, you are either a scammer or you are not, full stop.  And shill bidding is being a scammer.

In these forums we conduct quite a lot of business transactions. There is a thriving economy. And mods have limited power, because a scammer could create many sockpuppets and connect through proxies or Tor and that is difficult to catch. Thus, we all have to take our own decisions about who we are going to trust, and if that trust is broken by someone everybody needs to see it straight away.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
June 21, 2013, 04:23:04 AM
It takes a big man to admit and apologize. Good on you Garrett.

Thanks.

PS. I appreciate the humor in your profile picture Tongue It cheered me up a bit.
legendary
What's a GPU?
June 21, 2013, 04:21:46 AM
Quick aside: How was Garr planning on hosting miners for others when he's planning on attending college this fall? If he lives on campus, he'll be breaking code regulations by operating miners that won't have UL tags.

Real question is, why is Garr planning on attending college this fall anyway? After this thread is done, any employer doing a background check on Garrett Ian McDonald is going to come across this site and know that the little shit is untrustworthy. Unless North Idaho is a farmer's college, I'd say use that tuition money to make everyone on here hole and spend the rest on a good, solid name change. May I suggest Ian Garrett McLovin?

Many people trust me with more money than most people my age can fathom. That's not in the least of my concerns. It truly saddens me that you think me bidding up those auctions deserves a lifetime of flipping burgers.

And to respond to Phinnaeus (Who I respect a good deal BTW): I will be leasing a portion of a facility staffed by DC techs who will be able to manage the physical aspect of the operation. I will be able to do everything I need to remotely.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 21, 2013, 04:19:07 AM
Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

It takes a big man to admit and apologize. Good on you Garrett.
legendary
What's a GPU?
June 21, 2013, 04:18:30 AM
You did the right thing.  I respect that. 

Thank you.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
June 21, 2013, 04:15:59 AM
Quick aside: How was Garr planning on hosting miners for others when he's planning on attending college this fall? If he lives on campus, he'll be breaking code regulations by operating miners that won't have UL tags.

Real question is, why is Garr planning on attending college this fall anyway? After this thread is done, any employer doing a background check on Garrett Ian McDonald is going to come across this site and know that the little shit is untrustworthy. Unless North Idaho is a farmer's college, I'd say use that tuition money to make everyone on here hole and spend the rest on a good, solid name change. May I suggest Ian Garrett McLovin?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 21, 2013, 04:14:55 AM
Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

You did the right thing.  Hopefully the people will accept your apology and you have learned a valuable life lesson. 
legendary
What's a GPU?
June 21, 2013, 04:10:17 AM
Hi all,

Sincerely,
Garrett
June 21, 2013, 04:06:21 AM
So if matthew pays his bet he wouldn't deserve to get his tag at least "reviewed"?  Or do tags stick for now until the end of time?  If you get someone doing something shady to come clean, make the people whole, isn't that a good example to set?  If there is nothing to gain by coming clean and fixing the problem, then why even bother.  He might as well just go big and go out with a bang.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
June 21, 2013, 03:52:48 AM
Maged, may I ask if Garr is your friend? You seem to be overprotecting him.

Why you insist on the fact "you need a victim"? The victim already spoke, he said he feels he was scammed, but as he paid 63BTC for a miner he's fearful of making too much noise and be scammed of those 63BTC too. Isn't that enough?

One of many posts:

Well at this point I just want my unit. The rest i will worry about then. Since Josh is here and is semi involved if he would be willing to redirect the one unit I bought from gar255 to me id have no problem going to theymos and maged about this, but at this point id much rather have a unit and loose 2 coins then have no unit and loose 63coins

Then, I cannot believe someone is suggesting for Garr to pay back so we can "forget" about this. Paying back after being caught does not cancel the offense, and this is serious. As Bruno pointed out if Werner is Garr sockppets something really fucked up is going on the mind of that kid, he write a post about how trustworthy he is and immediately after he logs with the Werner account to pump the price of his auction up. That's sick.

I really don't see how the final outcome of this could not be a scammer tag or a ban for either Josh or Garr.
June 21, 2013, 03:47:11 AM
You most likely deserve the title untrustworthy.

That is a bitch move.

So which is it? Am I untrustworthy or a bitch? Being a bitch doesn't make someone untrustworthy. What I can't take is the continued hypocrisy by mouthpieces who ignore common sense in place of their own agendas. If repeating that for all to hear makes me a bitch, bring on the dog food.

I know from personal experience your a bitch because instead of responding to my valid points a few days ago, you simply deleted my posts, then I reposted them and you deleted them again.  Then I had to post an entire new thread just to make my views known.  In that thread, others confirmed you were doing the same to them.  

But from what I can tell you got the untrustworthy tag by being a bitch to others.  Pulled some other bitch move by backing out of a bet that you publicly made?

Blah blah blah blah. .... The only bitch I see is the one gargleing pedophile cum while he slams wordz onto the screen with his man boobs he earned playing hours of WoW. See I can come up with some random ass bullshit that I'm sure to shit is going to piss you off.  Fact of the matter is your beating a dead horse.  I'd be pretty fuckin pissed if my posts wher deleted.  But serious shit here.  Why keep useing the bunked bet as ammo?  God damn I'm sure you have fuckin bet money you didn't pay.

Nobody lost but nobody gained so matt is a scammer who earned his tag.  You sir are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot

Hey I never said he was a scammer.  I simply said he got his tag for pulling a bitch move.  Sorry to pull that one out, but I didn't know that was old news.  I just read about it the other day after getting deleted.  As long as he doesn't delete any more of my posts, then I'll take back my words.  Like I say, everyone gets a second chance in my book.  Just not a third.
June 21, 2013, 03:40:14 AM
Actually, I apologise for my harsh words.  Its true that it did royally piss me off that my comments that took me many minutes to write were deleted as if throwing away a piece of trash.  But now that you know how I really feel about people who go on forums, emo rage into a purple jizz pool of unicorn cum about completely unreasonable shit and then delete any opinion that doesn't back them up, I feel much better now.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
June 21, 2013, 03:08:35 AM
But serious shit here.  You are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot
Hello, friend. I have added this quote (modified) to the compilation of off-color phrases I will prattle off when I am old and alcoholic. I am always testing new word combinations and sentence structures, but sometimes there are far superior combinations to be learned from others. Thank you for that.
Activity: 574
June 21, 2013, 02:49:17 AM

That is a bitch move.

So which is it? Am I untrustworthy or a bitch? Being a bitch doesn't make someone untrustworthy. What I can't take is the continued hypocrisy by mouthpieces who ignore common sense in place of their own agendas. If repeating that for all to hear makes me a bitch, bring on the dog food.

I know from personal experience your a bitch because instead of responding to my valid points a few days ago, you simply deleted my posts, then I reposted them and you deleted them again.  Then I had to post an entire new thread just to make my views known.  In that thread, others confirmed you were doing the same to them. 

But from what I can tell you got the untrustworthy tag by being a bitch to others.  Pulled some other bitch move by backing out of a bet that you publicly made?

Blah blah blah blah. .... The only bitch I see is the one gargleing pedophile cum while he slams wordz onto the screen with his man boobs he earned playing hours of WoW. See I can come up with some random ass bullshit that I'm sure to shit is going to piss you off.  Fact of the matter is your beating a dead horse.  I'd be pretty fuckin pissed if my posts wher deleted.  But serious shit here.  Why keep useing the bunked bet as ammo?  God damn I'm sure you have fuckin bet money you didn't pay.

Nobody lost but nobody gained so matt is a scammer who earned his tag.  You sir are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 21, 2013, 02:48:12 AM

That is a bitch move.

I know from personal experience your a bitch because instead of responding to my valid points a few days ago, you simply deleted my posts, then I reposted them and you deleted them again.  Then I had to post an entire new thread just to make my views known.  In that thread, others confirmed you were doing the same to them. 

But from what I can tell you got the untrustworthy tag by being a bitch to others.  Pulled some other bitch move by backing out of a bet that you publicly made?

I love your post above. Pretty spot on, especially this part:

This community should be more about banding together, not trying to get one over and bitching about everyone else.

No qualms with you, and my sentiment is genuine, albeit the slight diss.

Later, bud.
June 21, 2013, 02:34:29 AM

That is a bitch move.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 21, 2013, 01:44:41 AM

That is a bitch move.

June 21, 2013, 01:42:06 AM
Wow, Epic Thread. 

Matthew N. Wright - You most likely deserve the title untrustworthy.  You can't take honest debate and instead moderate people who just crushed you instead of giving a logical retort.  That is a bitch move.
Inaba - Clearly isn't lying here.  Was fair about after Garr owned up to the trolling.  Shows hes a stand up type of guy even when Garr clearly didn't mean what he said. 
Garr - An immature ambitious overachieving type A personality which has a sense of knowing when he crossed the line and fucked up.  Doesn't take it too far which is smart.  Can he learn from this, man up and make everyone whole?

I think its clear that Garr did scam via the bid.  He should offer an immediate refund 2x of the scammed amount(4 btc??) with option for a full refund.  If he does this, and deletes Werner account and fully admits what he did, that would be a solid resolution to this. 

Everyone makes mistakes.  If they own up to it, then it says alot about them and maybe they should be given a second chance.  But don't fucking deny it only to get called out later.  Be proactive and own up before someone calls you out.  Maybe the mods are giving him this chance.

This community should be more about banding together, not trying to get one over and bitching about everyone else.  The ball is in Garr's court for about 24 more hours before full disclosure should be forthcoming.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 20, 2013, 11:24:48 PM
I guess theymos ain't too worried about the ~$25,000 USD under Garr's control.

Clearly, one can see that Garr stated that he can be trusted, but then in the very next post bumps his own auction.

I'm not sure what goes through Garr's head, but I'm pretty sure that this is not an isolated incident over and beyond the three shill bids. There is no way Garr can come here and say that that's all he's ever done that was not up to snuff pertaining to Bitcoin. Chances are there's more nefarious activities going on of which we're not yet aware of.

To negate the first sentence of this post, I'm pretty sure theymos has at least made contact with Garr to get the 250 BTC back into his control. If he does get them back, may I suggest placing them in Rassah's control along with the other 750 BTC he has. I truly trust that dude (maybe I should have said him).

Pages:
Jump to: