Author

Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :) - page 2451. (Read 3376891 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 259
It's absolutely disturbing how people call Josh "Boss".
Well, he IS a boss... in his own mind... as I doubt anyone else would hire him. Plus, people like feeding the ego that they believe will feed (compensate) them back. Arse kissing is an interesting psychological concept, but can get smelly at times (doh~!)

@DiCE1904
Same Mt. GAW CEO making claims, predictions, and writing checks his corporate account can't cash.

My prediction?
The date/time of their "ICO" will come and go... with the usual excuses or passing of the buck as to why things didn't happen as promised.

Name me ONE deadline, product announcement, or event GAW/Zen has announced that actually took place on the date/time Mr. Garza committed to. He can't even stick to his Q&A video chat or web forum schedules let alone adhere to an "ICO" (yes, that one with no documented backup) release date.

I know "he" is reading this thread along with his "team of lawyers" so my open challenge to him is to prove me wrong and for ONCE stick to his word without the side/back stepping or hype distractions.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Such/Coin

I approve this message Smiley

Seriously though, the only way I can see this coin holding value if there is a restriction on selling. Like no exchange at all (initially), or one with a very low selling limit (hashbase only and no external exchange). Just telling everyone to hold might not work, the 5-fold profit will be too tempting.

And even restricted selling could not help if there is merchant acceptance, because people could just dump the coins for products they can then flip for cash. So ironically merchant acceptance would need to be as slow as possible to keep it up.

This could of course change if the white paper is revised to more realistic numbers. We'll see soon enough.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
It's absolutely disturbing how people call Josh "Boss".
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Yea, there has been a lot of wonder how they will encourage people not to dump. There have also been a few hints from Josh himself that this will be POS. That helps solve the dumping problem.

At some point I just want to be done with GAW and clean my hands of them. Would prefer to steer to other more honest companies with a better reputation and clear plans. GAW has always been selling the next big thing and it usually works for a bit unless they run out of hype and/or money to make it awesome.... Zenpool specifically comes to mind. I suspect it will be similar with hashcoin. It's an ebb and flow and sooner or later they will run out of trusting people to do this with.

Granted - The icon mentality and pedastle people put on Josh in HT forums is scary. I believe anyone that comes in there with a neutral mind - Would probably be shocked at the type of brainwashed and cultish followers he has.
Activity: 107
What we will see from GAW on ICO day?

GAW has used bait and switch tactics to drive its customers like sheep into a den exactly like they wanted.

Their marketing is so abusively aggressive that leaves no choices once you're sucked into GAW.

I am a customer of theirs from the days of hardware miners.
I got sucked into hashlets and then primes because this kind of marketing takes no prisoners.
It is either pack and leave or shut up and do as you are told.

But I've got to hand it to them: when my hardware and early hashlets got promoted to Primes I got a virtual value of multiple times my initial purchase.
I was beyond break even (ROI) right then and there. How can one refuse this?

With the introduction of hashmarket they provided an exit which I have used multiple times to take my profits away from harm.
Of course, this happens at the expense of other investors that get in GAW at this point in time.

There is a ethical dilemma of getting profits at the expense of new comers. But this is asset trading and one's profits are some one else losses. Always is and always will be.

But from that point on GAW has gone crazy:
From owner of hardware to owner of virtual hash power mining BTC to owner of virtual hash power mining a digital "company loyalty" token is quite a leap...

So today I have one question and one prediction:

QUESTION:
It has been pointed out again and again that GAW is a USA based company and as such cant be a scam as CEO et al face very solemn consequences for their actions.
So far we've seen GAW playing with the VISA logo, mentioning names like Amazon and eBay and getting their customer base giving them money to do whatever they please in exchange of participation in the dream of hashcoin.
Are they so stupid as to expose themselves so much? Do they have enough money to buy such legal support that they can get away with anything?
Despite me being pissed off by their aggressiveness, their operation is indeed legit?

PREDICTION
Just yesterday BAY completed its 3,000 BTC ICO on bter. I invested in this believing that any alt project really needs very solid financial backing to have any chance of success. You just can't create a billion dollar cap working on your spare time at home alone. Many posters agree that BAY starts off with enough capital to make it through.

Thanks to its aggressive marketing, GAW must be sitting on 20+ times the money collected by BAY ICO.
So I predict they will pull HashCoin off to a point where very hard facts cannot be compensated by the next BIG DREAM.

8 days from now they will introduce Hash/Dash/Pash/Such/Coin

Immediately they will aggressively steer their sheep / customer base (myself included) into holding their HashCoins because:
a) you will need them to participate in Prime Controller thing as POS
b) you will need them to keep the various amps (shiny objects) working
c) you will need them because their value will reach $75

The price of Primes will rise in hashmarket to prove their point.

The Hash/Dash/Pash/Such/Coin will become a reality and will be traded in their own exchange (hashbase) once customers will be tied up holding their coins.

From that point on it's anybody's guess.
But ethical questions aside, there will be a chance to exit with profit...

MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
It just baffles me that its even remotely hard to understand how a company with 1000x the resources of any pool on the planet can be less profitable. In my opinion, this is the most difficult thing to figure out about his entire company.
I remember the day Nicehash was removed from the pool choices and the following excuses that were debunked quickly. THAT was the day everything started down the path being observed now. Mt GAW saw they could get away with removing the most profitable option (at the time) with little/no resistance and the rest is history.

Scott-
legendary
Better this choice than none. Nobody expected the payouts to drop that much, just as nobody expected Bitcoin to lose 30% of value in a month.
What was the explanation for the profitability drop anyway? All I heard was that an investor backed off.

Main source of revenue for ZenPool was "private rentals", i.e. some third party renting the hashrate for some unknown purposes. That contract ended and is being renegotiated for the last few weeks (NeonTranceBadger - I don't think it was 3 months, roughly since mid-October I think). That's the official version anyway.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/11712

Now in retrospect this is also very interesting:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/2516/zenpool-howdeedoodat-some-thoughts/132

GAW_CEO
Admins
Global Moderator
Industry Innovator
Have you guys ever considered that maybe something could be better by just doing things better?

Why is it hard to believe that a company generating close to 500k a day in revenue would not be able to figure out a way to be far more profitable then say a pool like clever miner, where they generate 1k a day in profits. Or how about the fact that most pools are run by "regular" guys, with no professional training, that just decided to start a pool. My pools are run by some of the most highly trained businessmen in the world (no offense).

It just baffles me that its even remotely hard to understand how a company with 1000x the resources of any pool on the planet can be more profitable. In my opinion, this is the least difficult thing to figure out in our entire company.

In any case, I did an interview yesterday where I spoke to some detail about how we divide up our hashing power. I spoke to how we lease it to private companies, private pools, day trading we do, etc

I think many of you will be disappointed that its not as "cool" or "unbelievable"as you might think. Its just leveraging scale and thinking outside of the box :smile:
Activity: 280
So people are buying chances on a chance of ROI.

Right now everyone mining hashpool are buying chances. As an investment it is a total gamble. Based on what has been released its been total BS. The valuation is laughable as well as the adoption statements(the revised white paper may start the realigning process). I'm waiting for the 1st statement that starts to back track or realign. Anyone questioning those will be banned or shadow banned on Hashtalk..  Shocked

Buying any altcoin feels like a gamble to me. 99% of them are pump and dump coins not backed by anything.

I think a lot of the anxiety towards that specific altcoin the name of which is not known yet comes from the fact that it's basically forced onto hashlet owners, especially those who bought Zens at > $13, and also Primes at >= $45. You can either offload them at a loss, mine satoshis, or mine the magic coin. I doubt that many hashlet buyers prior to November expected to become altcoin speculators.

Better this choice than none. Nobody expected the payouts to drop that much, just as nobody expected Bitcoin to lose 30% of value in a month.
What was the explanation for the profitability drop anyway? All I heard was that an investor backed off.

My mining started in August and a cold calculation made me sell most of my shares (with profit) shortly after the payouts dropped. The coin is their way of saving the rest of their clients, those who are yet to reach the promised ROI. The industry is so unpredictable that they might even pull it off. A couple months ago everybody kept telling me to buy and hold bitcoin and that cloud mining will make me lose money. It happened to be the other way round.

He said it was due to renegotiations with private companies who were renting mining power.  For some reason he is now in his 3rd month of the renegotiations.

Yea, and he's such an astute business man he waited till the end of the contract to renegotiate.... Excellent plan!!! The negotiation was bullshit in the first place though. He simply couldn't sustain the payouts... That's why the pool dropped in revenue, locked accounts, withdraw holds all at the same time.

Then he introduces something that is worthless but keeps the sheep happy for now. That's a lot of red flags.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Right now everyone mining hashpool are buying chances. As an investment it is a total gamble. Based on what has been released its been total BS. The valuation is laughable as well as the adoption statements(the revised white paper may start the realigning process). I'm waiting for the 1st statement that starts to back track or realign. Anyone questioning those will be banned or shadow banned on Hashtalk..  Shocked

Buying any altcoin feels like a gamble to me. 99% of them are pump and dump coins not backed by anything.

I think a lot of the anxiety towards that specific altcoin the name of which is not known yet comes from the fact that it's basically forced onto hashlet owners, especially those who bought Zens at > $13, and also Primes at >= $45. You can either offload them at a loss, mine satoshis, or mine the magic coin. I doubt that many hashlet buyers prior to November expected to become altcoin speculators.

My mining started in August and a cold calculation made me sell most of my shares (with profit) shortly after the payouts dropped. The coin is their way of saving the rest of their clients, those who are yet to reach the promised ROI. The industry is so unpredictable that they might even pull it off. A couple months ago everybody kept telling me to buy and hold bitcoin and that cloud mining will make me lose money. It happened to be the other way round.

He said it was due to renegotiations with private companies who were renting mining power.  For some reason he is now in his 3rd month of the renegotiations.
Yes, the game changing from just June/July to now is beyond night/day.

I wouldn't even consider this "mining" anything altcoin related anymore. In fact, I believe HashTitan let Vegas go to his head. Unfortunately, although exciting for him, blindly playing roulette with other people's money may not be so exciting or enjoyable to those who didn't signup for what has taken place over the previous 2 months and are basically left with no viable exit strategy.

Scott-
legendary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Well my post on HT in the white paper update thread started by Josh where I questioned him how he could have hundreds of millions from VC's without first having the very thing they have supposedly invested in didn't get me banned. It actually got me up-votes BUT it got removed. LOL
Activity: 262

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Yeah pure gambling at this point but the horizon is a lot further away than playing the slots.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
Activity: 392
...So this is essentially a loophole now allowing them to charge up to 100% in maintenance fees and still claim it's most profitable.

BOOM~
You hit that nail DEAD CENTER on its head. ^5

Scott-
Jump to: