Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 14. (Read 82240 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Hi! I really appreciate your question, to keep from duplicating answers, I invite you to come check out our Category on https://hashtalk.org/
I think you will enjoy the community. Thanks

I don't see your "category" on hashtalk. Can you give a direct link?

https://hashtalk.org/categories
http://i.snag.gy/XAbEQ.jpg
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Introducing ZenMiner Cloud Hosting

Hey Everyone,

ZenMiner Cloud Hosting, is our state-of-the-art cloud hosting solution for cutting-edge mining hardware. ZenMiner Cloud gives you the ability to manage your purchased miners from our network of partners directly through your ZenMiner Cloud account. Our goal is to allow you to optimize, manage, and monitor your hosted miner just as if it were sitting right next to you.

The ZenMiner Cloud hosting platform was built from the desires of our very mining community (you) and represents a bold new direction in cryptocurrency mining.

ZenMiner Cloud Features

Equipment Protection
99.9% uptime reliability
Choose from the top mining pools (we will be continually adding new pools)
Track the hashing performance and other key metrics of each miner like uptime, power consumption, speed, and much more
Reboot and troubleshoot your miner remotely
Dedicated customer support through ZenMiner

The ZenMiner Cloud platform launched on 7/14 at 10PM ET when we brought thousands of hosted miners online. We are coming up on one month since the launch date and we are so excited for the future of ZenCloud!

Activations are made within 24 hrs of purchase, please email [email protected] if you do not receive your code within that time frame.

We post great deals on https://hashtalk.org/ and our website https://zenminer.com/

Thank you,
Eric C.
General Manager, ZenMiner

Is their any plan to let the user enter his own pool settings and choose whichever one he wants, instead of some multipools?

Hi! I really appreciate your question, to keep from duplicating answers, I invite you to come check out our Category on https://hashtalk.org/

I think you will enjoy the community. Thanks
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

**cue evil panda and amber to hop in here and try to justify this terrible service somehow**
Get lost spammer!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mellgibs-124250
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
#22330 order messed up

rex smith
reported  3 days ago 

Ordered a falcon with free zencontroller and all the wires and SD card and received a zeus something and that is all, No controller or wires. Cant run it without the needed equipment that was promised by 07-31-14. Is there going to be another delivery that I need to wait for? Does this Zeus have the same problem with the 6 pin connectors? The only thing in the box was whatever miner was sent to me.

rex smith
said  3 days ago 

After a closer look at the miner that was sent to me. It has marks all over it and discoloring from something. \It is obviously used. Lame treatment

Jessica Garza
said  3 days ago 

Good Afternoon,

I would be more than happy to assist you.  First off, I want to apologize that you have not had an optimal experience with GAW Miners and I would like to work with you to get this changed around Smiley.

We had to split your order into two shipments as your miner came from our warehouse in Mississippi and we have all ZenControllers in our CT warehouse.  I will also ensure all cables are inside the box for you.  They will be overnighted to you and will be delivered tomorrow!

It sounds like you received one of our unbranded Falcons.  These are all shipped to us directly from the manufacturer and are shipped from our warehouses as quickly as we receive them.  We do not mine with them in our warehouse, but they can sometimes come dusty from overseas.  I assure you this is the same product and will hash at the same speed as our advertised specs for the Falcon.
We will not be receiving anymore Falcons until this Thursday.  If you would really like a replacement for a branded Falcon, we can certainly make that work. 
We did not and do not intend any harm, but are here to work with you if any issue arises. We really appreciate your patience and I will wait to hear on what you would like to do!
hank you for your time,
Jessica

Ticket: https://gawminers.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/22330

GAW Miners Team- Please visit us at: hashtalk.org

rex smith
said  3 days ago 

It dont even work on the zenminer I have for my black widow. Point me to a full refund, I didnt ask for this. Theres a reason I ordered a GAW and not a Zeus. This is not acceptable hardware even if it were new...You people blew this one at my expense. Give me my money and take this used thunderX3 asap.

rex smith
said  2 days ago 

Why did you people send me another zen controller? You sent me a Zeus miner not a GAW miner, so if you haven't heard yet, I would need a zeus controller to get it to work...Once again with your head up your butt..What is wrong with you people? Starting tomorrow it is $11 dollars a day, everyday there after until \I receive what I ordered which is a Falcon and all the accessories. I now have the right accessories for the falcon but no falcon. I will return the zeus as soon as I receive my order as ordered! If you drag this out and do not honor your word, you will get a chargeback and blasted on the forums. Lay off the dope!

rex smith
said  less than a minute ago 

I see you are not responding to my efforts to get this worked out, all the while it is week 10 now and I do not have the falcon that I purchased. I have a miner that does not have a controller and i have a controller that does not have a miner. Ive heard these will run on windows but dont have an extra computer in which to go that route. So you see, that is why I ordered a Falcon with a controller. I have reached out to you and got nothing in response but a another false promise. If my Falcon was on the way you would have sent a tracking number which you have not done. You leave me no other choice but to call my credit card company and start the process of a chargeback.

I will add more to this post as it unfolds, but as you can see people. They change orders and then ignore you when you try to get it fixed! All the while they have your money!
Merit: 253

Hey Everyone,

ZenMiner Cloud Hosting, is our state-of-the-art cloud hosting solution for cutting-edge mining hardware. ZenMiner Cloud gives you the ability to manage your purchased miners from our network of partners directly through your ZenMiner Cloud account. Our goal is to allow you to optimize, manage, and monitor your hosted miner just as if it were sitting right next to you.

The ZenMiner Cloud hosting platform was built from the desires of our very mining community (you) and represents a bold new direction in cryptocurrency mining.

ZenMiner Cloud Features

Equipment Protection
99.9% uptime reliability
Track the hashing performance and other key metrics of each miner like uptime, power consumption, speed, and much more

The ZenMiner Cloud platform launched on 7/14 at 10PM ET when we brought thousands of hosted miners online. We are coming up on one month since the launch date and we are so excited for the future of ZenCloud!

Activations are made within 24 hrs of purchase, please email [email protected] if you do not receive your code within that time frame.

We post great deals on https://hashtalk.org/ and our website https://zenminer.com/

Thank you,
Eric C.

Is their any plan to let the user enter his own pool settings and choose whichever one he wants, instead of some multipools?
legendary

Where exactly are these features located on the cloud site?
Activity: 52

Hey Everyone,

ZenMiner Cloud Features

Equipment Protection
99.9% uptime reliability

Thank you,
Eric C.

legendary
You can safely disregard anything that panda has to say, she obviously doesn't have a clue what "feedback" in the title of this thread means.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
So to cut it short you got a defective Falcon and they agreed to refund you, but you haven't heard from them for a week.
Did you post on their forums or pm any of their staff about it?
If you have problems like that write on hashtalk first, as I said before they rarely come here as they have their own forum.
No need to waste time writing essays, you will get the refund if they said so.
Activity: 686
Merit: 512
www.neutroncoin.com
Is this some kind of a personal diary?
She offered hashing power for your lost mining time which is completely reasonable.
Moreover, nobody cares what special project you need the miners for and don't expect the vendor to ask.
Merit: 100
Emailing GAW_Amber does seem to be the only way to get any answers from GAW miners. Their customer support is seriously lacking and would make most cable provider and bank support systems seem good. They have the absolute worst support of any company I have ever dealt with.

I will not get into specifics of my problems, at this time, but I could get no replies to numerous emails and phone messages from anyone at GAW miners until I emailed GAW_Amber, directly. I think she still owes me another answer to my last message, though; as her answers concerning my shipping issue are still incomplete. I will give her more time (until at least tomorrow) to get back to me and explain before I tell all of the sordid details on here.

Then, of course, there are other steps that I can and will take if the problem is not handled to my satisfaction.

There is no excuse for a company to not respond to customers until they come on a forum and complain about their issue... or search through a forum until they find the person actually capable of handling the problem. I thought GAW_Amber was that person, but it's beginning to look as if she is not... at least in my case.

Don't listen to anything EvilPanda has to say as he is on GAW Miner's payroll to get members to advertise for them in their signature box. Clearly he is not unbiased in his opinions and wants to keep their reputation clean on the forum so that he can continue getting paid.

Hello! I actually just sent you an email! Smiley I can promise you, we will get this worked out!

GAW_Amber is trying to work this out, but offering me hashing time at ZenMiner is not what I need. I understand she is limited by "the boss" as to what she can offer, but the boss needs to give her something to make this right.

I think GAW Miners believes that people can be bought off with cloud hashing power. I need my order for a specific project which mining multipools does not achieve. Maybe she can come back with something more substantial that actually solves my problem. We shall see...  Wink
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Emailing GAW_Amber does seem to be the only way to get any answers from GAW miners. Their customer support is seriously lacking and would make most cable provider and bank support systems seem good. They have the absolute worst support of any company I have ever dealt with.

I will not get into specifics of my problems, at this time, but I could get no replies to numerous emails and phone messages from anyone at GAW miners until I emailed GAW_Amber, directly. I think she still owes me another answer to my last message, though; as her answers concerning my shipping issue are still incomplete. I will give her more time (until at least tomorrow) to get back to me and explain before I tell all of the sordid details on here.

Then, of course, there are other steps that I can and will take if the problem is not handled to my satisfaction.

There is no excuse for a company to not respond to customers until they come on a forum and complain about their issue... or search through a forum until they find the person actually capable of handling the problem. I thought GAW_Amber was that person, but it's beginning to look as if she is not... at least in my case.

Don't listen to anything EvilPanda has to say as he is on GAW Miner's payroll to get members to advertise for them in their signature box. Clearly he is not unbiased in his opinions and wants to keep their reputation clean on the forum so that he can continue getting paid.

Hello! I actually just sent you an email! Smiley I can promise you, we will get this worked out!
Merit: 100

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
MeltManBob, I feel your pain.

It took me FIVE weeks to get a refund on a vaultbreaker pre-order. They held 9000 USD for 5 weeks, for a product that does not exist, and finally issued a refund 2 days before my credit card company was going to issue a charge-back.

I also have a Blackwidow that I've been trying to return for 17 days and counting. I am COMPLETELY ignored. My support ticket is a chain me asking questions to myself apparently. And as MeltManBob has pointed out, in that time, they have conveniently removed the line about their return policy from their pages. Fortunately, my creditcard company already has a copy of the original statement, and is currently investigating. I came here to see if anyone has just randomly sent a miner to their office and actually gotten their money back. But for now, I'm going to hold onto it until my CC company says otherwise.

Hello! Please send me your ticket number through a private message on Hashtalk.org or email at [email protected] and I will be happy to take a look. I understand that our response time has been slower than we would like, that is why we have recently hired more staff to help increase our efficiency. We will continue to work diligently to find a solution that you are satisfied with.

Thank you! Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad

It took me FIVE weeks to get a refund on a vaultbreaker pre-order. They held 9000 USD for 5 weeks, for a product that does not exist, and finally issued a refund 2 days before my credit card company was going to issue a charge-back.

So you received a pre-order refund but are unhappy it took long? Maybe you should have gone with KNC, they never refund pre-orders, and rarely return money at all.
GAW is probably the only scrypt seller that does it.

Activity: 9

I also have a Blackwidow that I've been trying to return for 17 days and counting. I am COMPLETELY ignored. My support ticket is a chain me asking questions to myself apparently. And as MeltManBob has pointed out, in that time, they have conveniently removed the line about their return policy from their pages. Fortunately, my creditcard company already has a copy of the original statement, and is currently investigating. I came here to see if anyone has just randomly sent a miner to their office and actually gotten their money back. But for now, I'm going to hold onto it until my CC company says otherwise.
Activity: 40
The assumptions are not very far at all considering what has been said and their actions. I made 2 assumptions: 1 that Amber was able to instigate getting the refund process going and 2 that they have pissed off quite a few people based on being told that they have a lot of refund requests right now and also seeing that their return policy magically disappeared. I made one step logical assumptions so if you want to see that as 'really going far' then that's on you but not a single person that I've personally talked to has not come to the exact same assumptions. Everything I have brought up is based on actual experience with them and I never go further than one step past what has happened to try and understand why things have happened. I'm not going to try to please them when I feel they have done wrong just because I want my money back. Regardless of whether I lay claim to my money as my money or not the fact is I lost control over that money as soon as I spent it and I'm not stupid, once I give that control up I don't expect to get it back. If they do the right thing and honor the refund that I purchased under then great, I will acknowledge them positively for that but it still won't make up for the bad or give reason to hide the bad from others.

This is not a smear campaign where I put all the complaints and dirt in one place in an easy to read and search for format so don't start to make it out like that's what it is. I have been honest and fair with GAW and will continue to do so. Whether you realize it or not I have spent quite a bit of time trying to resolve things internally with them before I got to the point where I felt it was necessary for me to post. I am glad that the refund process is moving along but my motivation and expectation wasn't for that, it was to illustrate to other potential buyers what kind of experience they MIGHT be in for because I would have appreciated something like this before I purchased; because I wouldn't have after reading this.

Either way the update thus far is kudos to Amber because she seems to have been able to get things moving along and in less time than the standard channels were taking by a huge margin. At this point the returns are approved, Amber has contacted me to assure me there won't be any issues with the refund and has provided me with a pre-paid shipping label for FedEx.

Amber - good job and thank you, I will be making arrangements with FedEx tomorrow. Please provide me with the best method to communicate effectively to who ever is in charge that your method of customer service should at the very least be the standard minimum at your company. While most people I have dealt with at GAW were pleasant enough to speak to, you are the first one who has followed through in a timely fashion with more than one step at a time. There is still some room for improvement but had GAW dealt with me the entire time at the same level you have, I wouldn't be this frustrated and I'm sure things would have gone much differently.
You're really going far with these assumptions and suspicions. Defaming people who are willing to return your money is not a good idea.
Wait and see if you get the refund and let us know.
Activity: 40
Just an update - Amber apparently from GAW got in touch here on the forums on the 21st and the 22nd which magically that day all of my refund requests went from 'pending' to approved - good job to Amber if she was the instigator. Unfortunately as soon as I saw this I emailed her and while she was good about the initial few contacts being timely, I haven't heard back from her since early yesterday. I received an email from GAW immediately:

"...Your returns are authorized. Please send the units back to:

GAW Miners RMA Dept
34 East Dudley Town Road
Bloomfield, CT 06002

Once we receive the units I will refund you.
..."

Call be crazy but after all of the problems I've had I'm waiting for some sort of assurance from Amber that there won't be any funny business with the return such as claiming I caused the damage to the fan wires, saying they didn't receive the package (yes I will be sending it with insurance, tracking, delivery and signature confirmation) or any number of other issues. Part of my concern is coming from the fact that their return policy was (I'm not sure when it changed but I have a screenshot on the 13th of this month):

"...
Generation A - GAW Miners products:

Generation A miners (The Fury, The Black Widow, The Falcon & The War Machine) may be returned for a full refund within 14 days of date delivered.

The warranty period for Generation A miners is 1 year from date of delivery. GAW Miners honors manufacturer defects and will offer a replacement product free of charge."

http://i.imgur.com/godIhKm.png

So basically they've removed the first line, hmmm. This is pulled from my support ticket with them I believe on the 20th (it says '3 days ago'):

"...Typically it takes a few business days to process a return but we have received a surplus amount of them so it will take longer.
..."

Hmmm, so if this is correct then that means my process has taken at about 3 times as long as usual and who knows how long had I not come here. Also from this statement and the apparently resulting action of changing the return policy to completely eliminate returns/refunds except for manufacturer defects it's pretty safe to say that they have been doing a fine job pissing off their customers as of late. Either the return requests are too many for them to handle efficiently or it's in danger of seriously hurting them financially and that's why they removed this part.

I can't stress this enough, actions speak louder than words, don't try to sell me a bill of goods, not honor it and then drag your feet when I want out using the return policy which was a big part of the reason I even bothered to give you a chance after all of the hiccups. I gave GAW the benefit of the doubt a couple times wanting to chalk it up to them being a new, small company but apparently I was wrong for that.  In the real world you're lucky if you get any understanding or extra chances but you still need to play ball on the pro level to survive.
Pages:
Jump to: