Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 4. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
So it looks like they sent me the wrong product now, I was sent a Zeus Lightning X6, which doesn't appear anywhere on their site and only hashes around 30 Mh/s. I opened yet another new ticket and contacted Amber
Well, in some ways I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. On the other hand, it's just adding more nails to the coffin, isn't it?

I ordered a hosted War Machine through a OneMiner deal August 5, and happily mined for a month when I requested it shipped to me on Sep. 5.

I received it on Oct. 3, only to find it is a Zeus x6, not a War Machine.

I submitted a ticket on the Gaw site, no response yet. Emailed Amber directly on Oct 3, no answer yet.

We'll wait and see what happens. But I suggest that we start notifying the consumer protection organizations as there are too many of us having issues getting delivery of what we paid for and response to our issues. The FTC hit BFL for their unsavoury practices. Perhaps it's time they started looking at other crypto-currency companies.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)

marincho

@gaw_jess said:

@marincho I’m sorry that this has been upsetting for you ): I completely understand why this is so frustrating. Like I said in our chat earlier - even though the developers haven’t reached a solution today, the issue you’re facing is one that is very important to them and they are actively working on a solution.

Its a five minutes solution, @gaw_jess
Any other is a lie

It's my conversation with GAW staff
So I spoke with them today and they are sending me a free war machine to make up for sending me 4 of the wrong ones. I will let you guys know if they ship it out or not. I am happy with that deal,  since the units they did send only use 900 watts of power compaired to the 1800watts the war machine uses. They where very nice to talk to on the phone and answerd every time I called too.

I am so happy to hear they have taken care of you! Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Sincerely,
Amber
[email protected]

Amber, to be clear - can you help with ticket #33302?

Being Processed since last 2 days 2 hrs

Hi! I apologize, I am having your ticket reviewed right now. Thank you for your time!

Thanks, Amber.

Still nothing, Amber.
Some broken promises and losses for me, nothing more...
Activity: 56
when can we sell Genesis Hashlets on the market ?
So I spoke with them today and they are sending me a free war machine to make up for sending me 4 of the wrong ones. I will let you guys know if they ship it out or not. I am happy with that deal,  since the units they did send only use 900 watts of power compaired to the 1800watts the war machine uses. They where very nice to talk to on the phone and answerd every time I called too.

I am so happy to hear they have taken care of you! Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Sincerely,
Amber
[email protected]

Hi! I apologize, I am having your ticket reviewed right now. Thank you for your time!

Thanks, Amber.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Sincerely,
Amber
[email protected]

Sincerely,
Amber
[email protected]

Sincerely,
Amber
[email protected]
Activity: 32
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Gaw Miners are crooks! All of them belong in jail!

You know you have to provide more than that right? I mean I can say up is really down! Doesn't make is so though does it?
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
Gaw Miners are crooks! All of them belong in jail!
Activity: 32
Another update...

So it looks like they sent me the wrong product now, I was sent a Zeus Lightning X6, which doesn't appear anywhere on their site and only hashes around 30 Mh/s. I opened yet another new ticket and contacted Amber.  I'm expecting two more war machines, it will be interesting to see what shows up next.

Sad

http://s22.postimg.org/4tqzamwi9/IMG_3013.jpg

Having this exact same problem. Ordered a War Machine recently, got shipped late and when it finally arrived - same issue.  Doesn't draw the right amount of power, lacks War Machine branding, and only hashes around 30 MH/s.  Reported this when it first happened, and have been following up a week with no luck on resolution.  Wonder how many of these went out instead of War Machines.

Hi,
Can you send me your ticket number, I will follow up with it Smiley
Amber
[email protected]

I order 5 miners from you guys (4 war machines and 1 X6). So far all of them are not war machines. SO I am having the same issue here. How can we correct this?
Still no word on my refund of store credit from my VB Mini batch 2 return. The purchase price was $3700 and I used a credit card for about $3100 and store credit for the rest. The credit to my card finally went through after a month of pestering now I just need that store credit for them to be square with me. I'd pester them on Hashtalk but I was banned for being... being what I have no idea because they never told me. Anyway, what's going on Amber?

Edit and update: Looks like I only had $72 in credit AND a 15% off coupon. Weird how the full price is on the GAW receipt but I do remember using the coupon.

Thanks for sorting this out Amanda.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
If it was the 18 gauge PSU cables that melted, then I could agree it could be my psu. But it melted on the GAW side. When clipping the end off of my PSU cable to wire directly, there wasn't any scorching on the PSU cables.

It doesn't matter, I'm just saying it happened, everything works now, not looking for anything.

This is what I woke up to today. Screen full of invalid nonces. Gen A Week 1 Falcon running 24/7, aside from maintenance - dust cleaning 2x month, it was due for a cleaning. Corsair ax1200 PSU pulling 1000-1100 watts at the wall. All good there. I fixed it by sacrificing the psu cable and directly wired it up using 12 gauge Romex, 6 individual pieces for the 6 individual wires. Works fine. Not looking for anything compensation-wise, just a note to say that this happened. Clock was 315 for the last month or so, 328 before that, aside from the week of testing when I first got the miner in May/June. All three "reds" were burned 100% through and not connected. This was the green slave board directly next to the blue master board. Ambient temp in the house is usually 70F. Miner is elevated for air circulation under it as you can see and pointed out the window. Other connectors are fine.

I had a PSU do that with my 7990 that had been running smoothly for months. Plugged in a new one and right as rain ever since.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

This is what I woke up to today. Screen full of invalid nonces. Gen A Week 1 Falcon running 24/7, aside from maintenance - dust cleaning 2x month, it was due for a cleaning. Corsair ax1200 PSU pulling 1000-1100 watts at the wall. All good there. I fixed it by sacrificing the psu cable and directly wired it up using 12 gauge Romex, 6 individual pieces for the 6 individual wires. Works fine. Not looking for anything compensation-wise, just a note to say that this happened. Clock was 315 for the last month or so, 328 before that, aside from the week of testing when I first got the miner in May/June. All three (edit: there are 4 but 3 only draw power) "reds" were burned 100% through and not connected. This was the green slave board directly next to the blue master board. Ambient temp in the house is usually 70F. Miner is elevated for air circulation under it as you can see and pointed out the window. Other connectors are fine.
I got my credit card refund for VB Batch 2, thanks!

That is great news! I am happy that we were able to get you squared away. Again, I apologize for the delay!

Sincerely,
Amber

Hello Amber, I updated that ticket asking about the store credit that was also used for that purchase. I shot you a chat on Hashtalk too about this.

Thanks!
I got my credit card refund for VB Batch 2, thanks!

That is great news! I am happy that we were able to get you squared away. Again, I apologize for the delay!

Sincerely,
Amber
Pages:
Jump to: