Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 112. (Read 61296 times)

vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 662
solo.ckpool.org for me.

darn,  i was hoping it would be a simple one.

retried but my basic check seems fine:
  • Single NewPac - Windows 7, direct usb no hub
  • wiped and downloaded latested windows build
  • open up single_test_mining.bat, changed pool.ckpool.org to solo.ckpool.org, added --gekko-newpac-boost
  • started up bat, no unusual errors, hashrate as expected.  checked in --verbose and still seems normal

-- edit --

note:

if you are running your own build steps and reusing directories, make sure to run the associated autogen / autoreconf + configure steps.  
there are some flags in configure.ac that needs to be picked up that will be missed with just a pull & make.
^ this may cause invalid work to be generated.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
solo.ckpool.org for me.
vh
Post the pool name.

I’m going to take an initial assumption and start with bravo-mining.com does not support Asicboost.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1836
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I haven't put AB releases on the test stations yet, only using it on my own bench. It worked perfectly for me, pushing six sticks to 145GH each. I've been meaning to update the test stations so maybe that'll reveal an issue VH can track down?
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
Unfortunately, I found this to be true, also. I am running 6 newpac and three 2-pac sticks at 175MHz on a 49-port eyeboot hub, along with four more newpac sticks, two each on two 10-port Sipolar hubs. With each new release of cgminer 4.11.1, I attempt to use asic boost. It always results in numerous nonce errors on different sticks which forces my hashing rate down by a good 200ghs or more. Once I remove the asic boost  statement and restart, it stabilizes and I am no longer seeing the nonce errors. I also have two Terminus pods plugged into the hubs, but it does not seem to be related to USB bandwidth. With Terminus at 200MHz, newpacs at 175MHz, and 2-pacs at 100MHz, I average 600ghs. It took me awhile to figure out that asic boost was causing my problems, and I hope on a future release of cgminer that I will be able to safely use it for the power savings and reduced USB traffic.

I am very impressed with the Sidehack hardware and the Eyeboot and Sipolar hubs (and this is not a compensated endorsement).  Cheesy
We are not retail.
Well I have six 2pac's and two newpac's on my kdata 10 port hub now. I do run winX and feel free to rib me for it. I promise I'll work up to linux at some point.

I find that running separate batch files is best for hashrate for 2pacs (at least with my setup). I had all clocked to 200 with zero issues. Was looking to OC more but the newpacs arrived. so now I run them on 4.10.0 at 175 mhz hashing about 19 or more gh. The newpacs are of course on 4.11.1 clocked at 200, diff set at 225, hashing about 45gh each. Only thing is I can't run the asic boost code at all as I get nonce error right off. Otherwise I have 8 sticks mining happily on this hub. I have one more newpac coming to me I might be able to squeeze it in if I run stock 150 on the 2pac's otherwise I'm maxed with this hub linked below. I would go back to sipolar but we'll be testing a hub by sidehack this weekend and hopefully I'll have it myself by next week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073LVHC3B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
vh
Thanks vh. for example, with a single newpac at 40 gh, diff should be 200? If I'm hashing 200 gh, 1k diff with multiple sticks (just to spell it out for me)?

Yes, that is correct.
We are not retail.
Thanks vh. for example, with a single newpac at 40 gh, diff should be 200? If I'm hashing 200 gh, 1k diff with multiple sticks (just to spell it out for me)?
vh
What is recommended for diff if your mixing 2pacs and newpacs? Still 32? I'm letting it auto adjust but can take a while to display shares.

Somewhere in the approximate neighborhood of 5X the total hash rate in Gh/s is a good place to be at.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
I have a folder for my windows mining it is on desktop I call it virus free.  I exclude it from windows defender.

in that folder I have cgminer folder I exclude it from windows defender.

I copy that set of nested folders  to   a usb stick. for  backup

I then will do   a new folder call it  new cgminer  put it in  the desktop set of folders.

So  

{virus free folder} -----( cgminer folder + new cgminer folder)

I then test both versions against each other for a day

Lastly I make a new usb stick  with  the new and older folders for backup

Ya, unfortunately most AV really despises cgminer. I mean, what could be wrong about connecting to the internet over a uncommon port, scanning your USB connections every 5 seconds and processing massive amounts of cryptography.  Shocked Grin
We are not retail.
What is recommended for diff if your mixing 2pacs and newpacs? Still 32? I'm letting it auto adjust but can take a while to display shares.
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a folder for my windows mining it is on desktop I call it virus free.  I exclude it from windows defender.

in that folder I have cgminer folder I exclude it from windows defender.

I copy that set of nested folders  to   a usb stick. for  backup

I then will do   a new folder call it  new cgminer  put it in  the desktop set of folders.

So  

{virus free folder} -----( cgminer folder + new cgminer folder)

I then test both versions against each other for a day

Lastly I make a new usb stick  with  the new and older folders for backup
We are not retail.
New build (90e7d31).  

Some minor updates (medium-to-major if it affects you)

Windows binary: cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-90e7d31.7z

- Merged in some needed changes for macOS build.
- Found and fix a cgminer crash condition when receiving noise from the asic.
- Lowered no nonce detection sensitivity.

Best practice update process: keep old working version handy.
  • move the existing "cgminer" folder to "cgminer.yyyymmdd"
  • clone repository to create a new cgminer folder as noted from first post instructions.

Oh shit, I wish I could list asics this fast.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
New build (90e7d31).  

• clone repository to create a new cgminer folder as noted from first post instructions.

Thank you vh! For the little time I've been using it, this build seems to be the best yet! I have definitely noticed less instances (in fact, none so far) of invalid nonce resets at higher frequencies.

In an effort to help gain market visibility and ramp up sales, I will be receiving a batch of NewPac sticks tomorrow (November 21) for resale. The first five (5) people to make a purchase will receive FREE shipping on their order (promotion is for USA shipping only). I do offer International shipping as well, and price will vary depending on your location. International customers please send me a message with your address and I will promptly reply with a shipping quote (I will never markup the cost of shipping, regardless of location). For more information, please visit my sales thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-1ths-gekkoscience-r606-pod-miner-product-sales-thread-5071416
vh
New build (90e7d31).  

Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Here is my ICONE USB hub running x1 NewPac and x2 2PAC sticks with the latest vh cgminer build, and all at 250Mh/z. Command line/.bat file posted below (with some personal info removed)

Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333 -u xxxxx.xxxx -p x -o stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333 -u xxxxx.xxxx -p x --gekko-newpac-freq 250 --gekko-2pac-freq 250 --gekko-compac-freq 250 --gekko-newpac-boost --suggest-diff 512 --balance

And here is a screenshot of cgminer after a few minutes of running. I will post pics tomorrow after I do some more testing/tweaking and add some more sticks.

We are not retail.
Also this hub intakes 12 volts  from a brick.  I am pretty sure  that a gpu rig could mine these sticks along with gpu coins and you could tap the  atx psu for the 12 volts of power.

Pretty much the set up I have, newpac's are coming for us at mfb soon so I'll hope to sneak these home. Smiley

Activity: 128
Merit: 9
Just placed the same order myself!
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Sipolar 10 port is on order, hope to have it early next week.

Thank you for info and advice.
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
Thanks guys, I'll look into one of them! I'm currently hacking up a hub I've got laying around just to get the sticks up and running in the meantime but they look like a proper solution. Look like nice build quality too!
Jump to: