Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 111. (Read 61321 times)

vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
I did that and no luck.
I tried to remove and plug back in the newpacs, getting the same error..
Any other things you can think of?
Thanks,

Copy and paste back what you get from running this code block:

Code:
./cgminer -n; ./cgminer --help | grep newpac-freq; sudo ./cgminer -n
Activity: 441
Merit: 15
When you recompiled it did you copy the permission rules over?  

If not, navigate to the cgminer folder and run:

Code:
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
reboot

I did that and no luck.
I tried to remove and plug back in the newpacs, getting the same error..
Any other things you can think of?
Thanks,
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
I tried to add both the boost function and recompiled the 4.11.1 cgminer version.
I am getting the same issue and am unable to get these NEWPACs running.

As a note i am working in Ubuntu and not Windows.
Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

When you recompiled it did you copy the permission rules over?  

If not, navigate to the cgminer folder and run:

Code:
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
reboot
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
It's pretty much the same places.

If you see the two bare pads below the bottom yellow thing, near the geometric center of the stick, the left one (to ground, which can be pulled from the USB jack) measures the total voltage (stock is 830mV) and the right one measures the midpoint voltage between the two chips (ideally about 415mV).

Thank you sidehack, greatly appreciate your time and effort on these miners. Hopefully, I can get them dialed in quickly to around 200-250MHz, 830-860mV.

Sipolar 10 port in place and got my order from 419mining today as well. Setting them up now!
[...]

I tried to add both the boost function and recompiled the 4.11.1 cgminer version.
I am getting the same issue and am unable to get these NEWPACs running.

As a note i am working in Ubuntu and not Windows.
Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
If the same issue were happening on Windows, I would do the following:

you might need to add syntax to your command line / .bat file like so

Code:
--gekko-newpac-freq 100

If that isn't it, I would suggest to:
  • install zadig, open it/run it as administrator
  • select "List all devices"
  • select NewPac Bitcoin Miner from dropdown
  • install new drivers
  • you may need to plug/unplug each stick afterwards

Make sure you're using the latest cgminer vh/gekko build from here: http://23.108.83.14/images/cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-90e7d31.7z (or as seen in this post from vh: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48080800) and everything should work!  Wink

Install zadig as per OP from here: http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Your command line/.bat file should look something like this:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333 -u xxxxxxx.worker1 -p x --gekko-newpac-freq 100 --gekko-2pac-freq 100 --gekko-compac-freq 100 --gekko-newpac-boost
Hello All, just wondering if i could get a little help here.
I have been running several 2pac's on my old laptop running Ubuntu with a 20-port sipolar hub for some time.
The 2pacs have been great.

I picked up a few NEWPACs added the new drivers and i cannot get the NEWAPCs to fire up.

I am getting the error "GekkoSceince detect (2:Cool failed to initialize (incorrect device?), resetting."

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
What kind of USB hub are you using for running these NewPac sticks?

I have the demo sidehack sent which is fully loaded with the three newpacs and four 2pacs all OC'd. Then the shitting kdata has the remaining two 2pacs. on it.
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
I have 8 of them running currently and seems that at 250mhz cooling them with a 110v fan it is causing raspberry to go down?   I can't see them running on Kano.is.

I was running them at 450gb on his site..   have to see when I get home.. not sure why it is doing this.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
So still no AB on any hub, only direct to the pc and surface. Will try another machine once I get more time. 3 newpacs running at 300 freq, hashing about 67 GH a piece.

[...]

What kind of USB hub are you using for running these NewPac sticks?
We are not retail.
So still no AB on any hub, only direct to the pc and surface. Will try another machine once I get more time. 3 newpacs running at 300 freq, hashing about 67 GH a piece.

"hashrate1m": "292G",
   "hashrate5m": "221G",
   "hashrate1hr": "197G",
   "hashrate1d": "127G",
   "hashrate7d": "27.4G",
   "lastshare": 1543295739,
   "shares": 4168955,
   "bestshare": 9077464.77210097,
   "bestever": 9077464
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
It's pretty much the same places.

If you see the two bare pads below the bottom yellow thing, near the geometric center of the stick, the left one (to ground, which can be pulled from the USB jack) measures the total voltage (stock is 830mV) and the right one measures the midpoint voltage between the two chips (ideally about 415mV).
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
I've run sticks at 600MHz on stock voltage (830) with decent stability. These are set to 860 to help out a bit.

Can you please tell me where exactly I need to put the volt meter probes to check voltage?

Previously, I slipped off one of the spots on a 2Pac and now both LEDs stay one. Would like to avoid and mistake with these new ones.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Im using a plugable 7port 60w hub and connected to bitminter which I think supports asic boost. Tried adding the —gekko-newpac-boost flag and had the same issue with it. Starts running fine then decides to decrease hashrate over time. Running without the flag and its doing ok for the past couple of days.
We are not retail.
I looked at a few but didn't know what specs the hub is designed for yet. Will be nice anyway since it will run on my desktop to just power through that psu and open up a spot on my power strip as well.

I'll be excited to OC now I have the three we used for media and now on a separate hub. I had to downclock the 2pacs to run the first two I "found". The wife will be mad if I'm up late tinkering on what is my first day off in a few weeks. I'll wake up early and set it up while she sleeps. Wink
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
We've got some nice 7Amp power bricks that work great with the new hub. Same ones we sourced for the Terminus pods.
We are not retail.
Ckpool works fine, it's just the hub. The pool thread has a list of asic boost pools for reference in the reply's. Not sure how updated it is at this point. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-mining-pools-list-104664

I ordered a usb wire, and looks like I can use my desktop psu for power with this. Not a big amazon fan but got same day delivery. Ill get it pumping tonight hopefully or tomorrow. Thanks sidehack.
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
I have only tried asic boost on Kano.is, where I believe there is an almost flawless implementation.
We are not retail.
So I found that my hub is potentially the bottleneck for asic boost not working. Plugged the newpac right into my pc and seemed fine. Both versions of 4.11.1 ran without error for a couple minutes I could spare without cooling compared to in the kdata hub I'm running which would hash up to 20gh then start dropping, throwing nonce errors. I tried the hub on usb 3.0 and 2.0, so next is another device just to be thorough.

I have a surprise from sidehack waiting for me so I'll check out the demo hub he sent to our sourcing agent that he works with. Pretty good timing there.
We are not retail.
Yea, surface works fine. I'll adjust once I'm done running around at home.
Jump to: