Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 107. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
And theres me thinking it wasnt high enough. Ill be turning them down when I get home then lol. Where abouts should it be sidehack? Its been a while since I dabbled with the compacs.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
That's pretty bad. 350MHz should get you 80GH each. If it takes that much fan to cool them and the hashrate is still that bad at speed, your voltage is probably way the heck too high. If the flat of the pot is anywhere on the left side it's too high.
Nice, I'm sitting at 350 myself. Waiting to figure out better cooling. Think that's your issue? they get to hot and throw nonce? I'll might try to hit 375 an 400 this week if I get the chance to sit around tinker.

3D printing I wonder what we have access to? I think makerbot? They any good 419?

I think that may well have been my issue. Put a 120x38 delta fan on them through a duct and they seem to be homding at 55ghs each at 350m now.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Thanks for the help. Got two instances running one stick will do no more than 300mhz and the other no more than 350mhz. Any high and they drop out. Can’t figure out how you guys are running them so high.

Nice, I'm sitting at 350 myself. Waiting to figure out better cooling. Think that's your issue? they get to hot and throw nonce? I'll might try to hit 375 an 400 this week if I get the chance to sit around tinker.

3D printing I wonder what we have access to? I think makerbot? They any good 419?
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
check out the Creality3D Ender 3, its what I run, its got a good size build platform and the price was very reasonable.

will do, thank you
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
looking good, now i just need to get a 3d printer.

check out the Creality3D Ender 3, its what I run, its got a good size build platform and the price was very reasonable.
Have to run multiple batch files with "--usb :1" in the line along with the change in freq. I think there's a way to target specific ports but I don't recall how to do that.

Thanks for the help. Got two instances running one stick will do no more than 300mhz and the other no more than 350mhz. Any high and they drop out. Can’t figure out how you guys are running them so high.
We are not retail.
Summmary from a Saturday of rearranging the system...

After much mucking about, the end result is pretty good:
The 9 NewPacs are rock solid - no `missing nonces' and such. 6 @ 550 MHz and 3 @ 475 MHz in a `3 by 3' set of cgminer instances... I pulled the 2Pacs out of the Eyeboot USB3.0 Hub... they can have a rest until the new 2.0 hubs arrive... well, all but one 2Pac which is quietly running at 200 MHz in its own cgminer instance... the Terminus is also running happy at 250 MHz, also in its own cgminer instance...each type of GS `flavor' is on its own controller and hub... Lots of fans everywhere...All miners, including the one suspect of the six new arrivals from yesterday are running at or within 1/2 percent of expected hashrate...solid, solid and solid... I'm not the least bit panicked about heat and the 9 NewPacs have been running for 14 hours in this configuration... still show as GSH 0, 1 and 2 on each cgminer - with no restarts. If I haven't said so before, these NewPacs are fantastic...

There's no point in calling them impossible or unbelievable. They clearly have happened!

Nice, glad everything is humming a long. Any shots of the set up?
We are not retail.
Anyway to apply a specific freq to each stick on the same hub?

Have to run multiple batch files with "--usb :1" in the line along with the change in freq. I think there's a way to target specific ports but I don't recall how to do that.
Anyway to apply a specific freq to each stick on the same hub?
Activity: 110
Merit: 56
Summary from a Saturday of rearranging the system...

After much mucking about, the end result is pretty good:
The 9 NewPacs are rock solid - no `missing nonces' and such. 6 @ 550 MHz and 3 @ 475 MHz in a `3 by 3' set of cgminer instances... I pulled the 2Pacs out of the Eyeboot USB3.0 Hub... they can have a rest until the new 2.0 hubs arrive... well, all but one 2Pac which is quietly running at 200 MHz in its own cgminer instance... the Terminus is also running happy at 250 MHz, also in its own cgminer instance...each type of GS `flavor' is on its own controller and hub... Lots of fans everywhere...All miners, including the one suspect of the six new arrivals from yesterday are running at or within 1/2 percent of expected hashrate...solid, solid and solid... I'm not the least bit panicked about heat and the 9 NewPacs have been running for 14 hours in this configuration... still show as GSH 0, 1 and 2 on each cgminer - with no restarts. If I haven't said so before, these NewPacs are fantastic...

There's no point in calling them impossible or unbelievable. They clearly have happened!
thingiverse 3d model uploaded,

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3270261

it is a work in progress. bear that in mind.

I also have the 70mm fans, I'll post those to our website tomorrow. nice little USB connector for power (see previous post)

[...]

looking good, now i just need to get a 3d printer.
copper member
thingiverse 3d model uploaded,

it is a work in progress. bear that in mind.

I also have the 70mm fans, I'll post those to our website tomorrow. nice little USB connector for power (see previous post)

I've looking at cheap tablet stand to support the fan above but this might be interesting to play with. I'm using two 140mm fan now. one above and one from the side.

my desktop is modular with bays. I've been thinking of trying to set a hub inside a bay with two fans from and back since the newpacs for me have have close to zero issues or "zombies". Sidehacks hub has a six pin and might try to find a way to use a sata cable if that possible. Or maybe just a pipe dream.

1) I can model out a hold for 140mm if you like, the design is very modular
2) that would be a cool idea, check out the power cables from GPU miner risers, they are a sata to 6pin conversion cable but a direct draw from the power supply over 6 a PCIe power cable would be preferable.
Activity: 110
Merit: 56
Save this as mine.bat in the same folder as the cgminer.exe you are trying to run.   You will need to edit the part on the cgminer line with your pool and user info and also add any options you usually run, like asicboost.  Once you see that it is working, you can add a shortcut to the .bat to your startup folder.

Code:
@echo off
:start
start cmd.exe @cmd /c "cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1zsmithbYtyrcZ2jAAYwZHyAy28zv7pUY -p x"
timeout 21600
taskkill /F /IM cgminer.exe /T
timeout 2
goto start

Thanks for this. I've updated it and saved it in my Tools folder for another day... that's more of a reminder to me than for you!
Old and Forgetful G
I am still only seeing accepted and detected new block. The average of all the sticks is popping up at the bottom.

was there a flag/switch (not sure what they are called) that needs to be in my launch string?

https://i68.tinypic.com/mcvsy9.jpg

It would be nice to find out what I'm doing wrong with my cgminer setup.
We are not retail.
I've looking at cheap tablet stand to support the fan above but this might be interesting to play with. I'm using two 140mm fan now. one above and one from the side.

Edit to add:

my desktop is modular with bays. I've been thinking of trying to set a hub inside a bay with two fans from and back since the newpacs for me have have close to zero issues or "zombies". Sidehacks hub has a six pin and might try to find a way to use a sata cable if that possible. Or maybe just a pipe dream.
copper member
If anyone's interested, I'm finalizing a 3D printed frame for dual 70mm fans. its a direct download push over the hub and will fit the SiPolar A300 and the new hub SideHack is finishing. Ill post it to thingiverse.com shortly, just working out a connector to make the legs removable.

If you have two versions installed that you can already run from the command line separately then yes.  Just copy the line starting with 'gnome-terminal...' and paste it right after the first one, then edit the second line with your other second session command parameters.  The pkill in the script should kill all child processes with that name.

In regards to "versions" they would both be the same version just in different folders with different parameters.
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
While I might not use your restart script this weekend, it would be good to have in my back pocket... So I for one would appreciate it being posted here. Thanks - G

Save this as mine.bat in the same folder as the cgminer.exe you are trying to run.   You will need to edit the part on the cgminer line with your pool and user info and also add any options you usually run, like asicboost.  Once you see that it is working, you can add a shortcut to the .bat to your startup folder.

Code:
@echo off
:start
start cmd.exe @cmd /c "cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1zsmithbYtyrcZ2jAAYwZHyAy28zv7pUY -p x"
timeout 21600
taskkill /F /IM cgminer.exe /T
timeout 2
goto start

Can I run cgminer from separate directories to get 2 sessions to restart every 6 hours or is there different code for doing this?

If you have two versions installed that you can already run from the command line separately then yes.  Just copy the line starting with 'gnome-terminal...' and paste it right after the first one, then edit the second line with your other second session command parameters.  The pkill in the script should kill all child processes with that name.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Your idea regarding the L3+ frame seems a bit complicated and unneeded in my personal opinion. I doubt there is any easy way to use the L3+ control board for fan speed control either, but you can definitely buy one on Amazon or eBay (and/or use a voltage regulator) if controlling the fan speed is that important to you. Like the design philosophy behind the stick miners themselves, keeping it simple is the best route IMO. Running 7-8 NewPac sticks at higher frequencies all on one USB hub does not sound like the safest idea to me, regardless of your cooling setup (overloading the USB hub would be my biggest fear). If you're trying to build an Antminer S15, you'd be better off just buying one!
Jump to: