Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 110. (Read 61321 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 56
House Z:
I'm currently running a Windoze 10 Intel i5 as (one of) my controllers - specifically the controller for 3 NewPacs and 8 2Pacs. They run thru an Eyeboot (klintay's) USB 3.0 19Port Hub. When I ran just 2Pacs thru that hub and a couple of R808 Termini, I used 4.10.1 cgminer and never had a problem... Now that I'm running 3 Newpacs, I've updated to 4.11.1 and have the same `missing nonce' issues as you. Also like you, I'm using WiFi (for now) so there's the possibility - that with the higher hashing rates, I might finally be outrunning the WiFi - and I'm serious now, I still have DSL filters on my phones... I'm rural and that looks like the best I'm gonna get for some time. So my current theories on these Trubbles with Tribbles are WiFi issues, running these USB2.0 sticks thru USB3.0 or the nasty old Windows 10 handling of USB (2 or 3)... so... Two new Plugable USB2.0 Hubs are soon to arrive... and several more NewPacs (thank you to ASICPuppy and minefarmbuy)... I've also picked up a new network hub, but the thought of running 90-100 feet of cable in my crawlspace (17" deep) at 0 degrees F is, well, chilling, to say the least... but probably necessary. My true feelings are that it's most likely Wifi - but the other stuff doesn't help.
That said, I restart each of three instances of cgminer (one for 3 NewPacs and one each for 4-2Pacs) in the morning before I head to the city for work. The 2Pacs run at 225MHz for >20.5Gh/s each and the NewPacs are running at 450MHz for a smidge over 100Gh/s each. By the time evening rolls around, I may have 1 or 2 2Pacs Off or they may have slowed to  <18 - But all-in-all, the NewPacs are working great and the cgminer 4.11.1 does its restarts, when necessary, and as advertised! Many thanks to Sidehack, vh and -ck for all their work. I should do myself a favor and switch over to Ubuntu but first issue has got to be getting myself to hard-wired mining...
Brrrrr.

Oh, and like mfb, I can't seem to get the asic boost running on -ckpool. It's not the pool - it's my setup - nothing a little hard-wiring and Ubuntu Linex couldn't fix... hoping for warmer weather soon...
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Thank you for the link.

I have a spare 320gb HD im gonna load it on from a thumb drive that IT was nice enough to get me.

LOL, just moved all her shows to a 4TB My Book and rerouted Plex on her puter. Installing ubuntu now back after a bit.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Ubuntu is a good "im learning" linux distro. It comes preloaded with most drivers you'll ever need and can usually run out of the box on most systems, old or new.

if you take the time to download and burn it, you can actually run Ubuntu on a "Live CD", meaning it starts and boots completely into linux from the cd, no need to wipe the hard drive.

https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/try-ubuntu-before-you-install
Thinking hard about grabbing the plex tower and making it a Linux machine and then replace the tower after holidays.

Admittedly, I am a Linux newbie and the following question may give you a laugh but are there drivers and such I need to hunt down if I install Ubuntu on a Dell Vostro 200?
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
I wouldn't rule out the computer hardware as the issue either though. My Main desktop is an old AMD A10 and it works amazing for mining, the same hub/sticks on my ASUS Intel i5 craps out as soon as i add a second stick to the hub. Just my 2 cents.
I run some old Dell Optiplex 755 with Debian 6 and VH's latest build. I've got three Plugable 7-port USB2 hubs per machine each running 4 sticks for 12 sticks per tester.

The latest few hundred sticks are not as stable as the first few hundred, even on my testers. The only change made was the chip supplier. I will not be buying from them again, just in case.

Thank you, as I suspected you're on Linux machines.

I really need to try and get these on a Linux machine. Hopefully, I can find the Linux for dummies book and leave all of you alone for a few days or longer.

I just got my 3rd batch in today they are in the 100302xx series, 2nd batches are in the 10301xx and my first 2 are in the 100300xx range. They should be clear of the supplier issue you mentioned.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I run some old Dell Optiplex 755 with Debian 6 and VH's latest build. I've got three Plugable 7-port USB2 hubs per machine each running 4 sticks for 12 sticks per tester.

The latest few hundred sticks are not as stable as the first few hundred, even on my testers. The only change made was the chip supplier. I will not be buying from them again, just in case.
Anyone running these on a windows machine using --usb :1?

I tried running 2 per session and the "missing nonces" appear after a few minutes.

Currently running one session for each NewPac, 3 sessions at the moment, going on an hour now and yet to see"Missing Nonces".

I have pretty much ruled out that the issue is neither the plugable or Sipolar USB hubs but thought it might be the usb cable but the above testing is proving that wrong, at least so far.

Sidehack, can you please share with us your set up of your testing station?

I know VH had mentioned back in Feb about having issues using a Sipolar with a windows 7 machine. I need to get my laptop back so I can finish building a Linux machine, but the wife needs it so I'm waiting and looking for a spare tower until then.

Update: 3rd session "missing nonces" after 10 minutes, first 2 sessions still running with no issues.
Update: sessions 1 and 2 ran 21 minutes before "missing nonces"
Update: they kept restarting for about 2 minutes then all 3 started showing "Accepted xxxxxxxxx Diff xxx/128 GSH x"
I'm gonna guess it's the same problem everyone has with this step, and that you're getting a gcc error instead of script completion on the autogen because you're typing dash zero two instead of dash capital oh two on CFLAGS.

Looks like it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but I lost count of how many times in the 2Pac support.

If that's not the case, you'll need to let us know what the error was that caused autogen to fail.

I saw that mentioned before and did type in a capital "oh".  Will update with error message when I get home.

Update: the error after running

Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko

is:

Code:
configure: error: Could not find usb library - please install libusb-1.0

Libusb added and successfuly finished cgminer install.

If i copy/paste the example given in 1st post and receive a response of: "No servers could be used! Exiting."
Am I correct in guessing this is an issue on my end of the network?

I did notice that the date and time are off when cgminer is trying to connect.
Showing "1969-12-31 18:37:19" could this be the issue or will the date and time sync up when it can actually connect to a server?
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
Was this the solution to run in command or powershell? Sorry I'm not more software savy.

That was for the Terminal in Ubuntu.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Hashing strong @ 325 clocks for the 3 newpacs. Still haven't had a chance to troubleshoot the asic boost issue further. Hopefully, the "honeydo" list is light this weekend.

Was this the solution to run in command or powershell? Sorry I'm not more software savy.

When you recompiled it did you copy the permission rules over?  

If not, navigate to the cgminer folder and run:

Code:
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
reboot

Code:
{
 "hashrate1m": "423G",
 "hashrate5m": "366G",
 "hashrate1hr": "311G",
 "hashrate1d": "318G",
 "hashrate7d": "209G",
 "lastshare": 1543543144,
 "workers": 9,
 "shares": 279860170,
 "bestshare": 259652559.840561,
 "bestever": 297723585,
 "worker": [
  {
   "workername": ".newpac",
   "hashrate1m": "369G",
   "hashrate5m": "279G",
   "hashrate1hr": "214G",
   "hashrate1d": "207G",
   "hashrate7d": "88.1G",
   "lastshare": 1543543133,
   "shares": 16129685,
   "bestshare": 32864344.7287598,
   "bestever": 32864344
  },
  {
   "workername": ".2pac",
   "hashrate1m": "113G",
   "hashrate5m": "98.3G",
   "hashrate1hr": "97.1G",
   "hashrate1d": "107G",
   "hashrate7d": "46.8G",
   "lastshare": 1543543144,
   "shares": 8554890,
   "bestshare": 7845667.999090794,
   "bestever": 7845667
  }
 ]
}
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'm gonna guess it's the same problem everyone has with this step, and that you're getting a gcc error instead of script completion on the autogen because you're typing dash zero two instead of dash capital oh two on CFLAGS.

Looks like it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, but I lost count of how many times in the 2Pac support.

If that's not the case, you'll need to let us know what the error was that caused autogen to fail.
Got ubuntu 18.04 LTS loaded and I am stumped after the following:

Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko

I have tried with the make -j 2 at the end and sending it alone I get the following:

Code:
*** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

As always, Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I realize I didn't grab the aforementioned 16.04 LTS but will try to grab it tomorrow.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
here is what i got when i ran that:

[...]

After this, i ran the following, which then worked:

[...]

So, are they working now? Sounds like they are, but wasn't 100% clear. Assuming you did finally get them working, GREAT JOB! And thankfully there is a good community here with members like vh and zsmith that take the time to help figure out what the problem may be and then assist with fixing it! Happy you got them working and hope you are enjoying them!  =)
are you using  wifi?

sounds like you are.

Wifi kind of sucks for mining.

You could be getting micro drops outs  so quick the 5 bars are  0 bars  but don't show.  Try a hard wired connection.

The hotspot is usually in the same setup (on top the Weboost) but I have a Nighthawk in bridge mode that brings the cellular signal onto my wired network. When needed this has been feeding my S9's, Z9's, L3+'s, a handful of 2Pacs and a small GPU Rig without issue unless its a seriously heavy electric storm. That is when everything gets shut down and called a night.

It did seem like the small GPU Rig reduced the number of missing nonces since it did not have a USB 3.0 host controller. But after trying Bravo, Kano, ViaBTC and CKPool, 2 different hubs and getting the same results I am at a loss. Either my network is the issue or perhaps I need to build an ubuntu machine and remove Windows 10 from the picture.

Currently using the Antminers to heat my house, which is saving me 400 a month in Propane and actually paying the whole house bill despite the recent dip in crypto. But come spring they will all be moved back to the shop with the rest and I hope to keep all the Gekko's in the house since.

Update: Snuck a Newpac into work on our fiber network and getting the same results on an HP Pro from 2011, It has Win 10 on it so that is the only Common element.

Is anyone running a linux machine and getting "missing nonces" and sub-par hash rates?

Will download the most recent Ubuntu distro and try it tonight.
Activity: 441
Merit: 15
Copy and paste back what you get from running this code block:

Code:
./cgminer -n; ./cgminer --help | grep newpac-freq; sudo ./cgminer -n

here is what i got when i ran that:

Code:
Manufacturer: 'GekkoScience'
  Product: '2Pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner'
.USB dev 1: Bus 2 Device 16 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 2: Bus 2 Device 14 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 3: Bus 2 Device 15 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 4: Bus 2 Device 12 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 5: Bus 2 Device 6 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 6: Bus 2 Device 18 ID: 0403:6015
  ** dev 6: Failed to open, err -3
.USB dev 7: Bus 2 Device 20 ID: 0403:6015
  ** dev 7: Failed to open, err -3
.USB dev 8: Bus 2 Device 19 ID: 0403:6015
  ** dev 8: Failed to open, err -3                    
 [1970-01-01 03:50:35.263] 9 known USB devices                    
--gekko-newpac-freq Set GekkoScience NewPac BM1387 frequency in MHz, range 50-900 (default: 100)
 [1970-01-01 03:50:35.370] USB all: found 26 devices - listing known devices
.USB dev 0: Bus 2 Device 13 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 1: Bus 2 Device 16 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 2: Bus 2 Device 14 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 3: Bus 2 Device 15 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 4: Bus 2 Device 12 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 5: Bus 2 Device 6 ID: 10c4:ea60
.USB dev 6: Bus 2 Device 18 ID: 0403:6015
  Product: 'NewPac Bitcoin Miner'
.USB dev 7: Bus 2 Device 20 ID: 0403:6015
.USB dev 8: Bus 2 Device 19 ID: 0403:6015
 [1970-01-01 03:50:35.370] 9 known USB devices

After this, i ran the following, which then worked:

Code:
cd ~/git/vthoang/cgminer/
sudo usermod -G plugdev -a `whoami`
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo reboot
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
OK, So after 24hr-ish hours on the new Sipolar 10 port I am still getting "Missing Nonces" and "Toggling ASIC nRST reset" to the point that I was averaged just 114Gh.s with 4 NewPacs @ 200MHz and 860mV settings on CKPool. I was really hoping the bump in power would resolve this as suggested.

I even had it solely connected to a hotspot that had 5 bars while sitting on top of a Wilson Weboost to see if it was Hughesnet that was causing the "missing nonces".
I honestly have no idea what exactly nonces are but thought I should test the network and a possible cause of the being "missing".

I know I am not the only one getting these results but I am curious how others have theirs set up who are not having these issues.

It would be nice to get some kind of resolution as I still have more of these on the way and another batch to order after the holidays.

Just got the same 10 port today too... working fine for me after about 3 hours of testing. If anything changes I'll let you know Smiley
are you using  wifi?

sounds like you are.

You could be getting micro drops outs  so quick the 5 bars are  0 bars  but don't show.  Try a hard wired connection.

I originally had this on a wired connection through Hughesnet, which has been working fine for all my other mining equipment currently in-house. The hotspot is my back up when the storms roll in and keeps me going just fine.

I have had three 2Pacs connected to the same rig without any issues for a week now.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
OK, So after 24hr-ish hours on the new Sipolar 10 port I am still getting "Missing Nonces" and "Toggling ASIC nRST reset" to the point that I was averaged just 114Gh.s with 4 NewPacs @ 200MHz and 860mV settings on CKPool. I was really hoping the bump in power would resolve this as suggested.

I even had it solely connected to a hotspot that had 5 bars while sitting on top of a Wilson Weboost to see if it was Hughesnet that was causing the "missing nonces".
I honestly have no idea what exactly nonces are but thought I should test the network and a possible cause of the being "missing".

I know I am not the only one getting these results but I am curious how others have theirs set up who are not having these issues.

It would be nice to get some kind of resolution as I still have more of these on the way and another batch to order after the holidays.

are you using  wifi?

sounds like you are.

You could be getting micro drops outs  so quick the 5 bars are  0 bars  but don't show.  Try a hard wired connection.

Jump to: