Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 17. (Read 61330 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
by target - I think he is meaning in cgminer - see where I circled?

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Shure I'll try...From the top...........

I changed "gekko-newpac-freq 100" to "gekko-newpac-freq 150"

And I saw no change in frequency..... It stayed at 100.
Does the target say 150?

Target??? the only reference is in my script which I changed to "gekko-newpac-freq 150".

Code:
cgminer version 4.11.1 - Started: [2021-04-09 10:31:15.987]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):1.545T (1m):1.095T (5m):368.0G (15m):135.8G (avg):786.7Gh/s
 A:16380  R:0  HW:1  WU:11021.8/m
 Connected to nya.kano.is diff 8.19K with stratum as user os2sam.r606
 Block: 9990ceed...  Diff:23.1T  Started: [10:31:15.987]  Best share: 14.7K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: GSI 10040114: BM1387:12+ 550.00MHz T:650 P:499 (11:6)  | 90.8% WU:^72% | 757.2G / 543.1Gh/s WU:7600.5/m
 1: GSI 10040033: BM1387:12+ 600.00MHz T:650 P:491 (10:5)  | 81.8% WU:^66% | 793.4G / 544.5Gh/s WU:7617.5/m

In CGMiner you should see T:150 where mine above says T:650.  That is the target CGMiner is trying for.  If you didn't see the T:150 then something is telling CGMiner to target 100 Mhz instead.  Someone asked to check your .conf file for conflicting commands.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2

Three people have asked you multiple questions.  You could try answering some of them, maybe.

Shure I'll try...From the top...........

I thought bravo mining pool was closed?

Also we need more info on your setup. What hub, what OS etc etc etc

Sorry if I confused anyone, I'll try again.

I've been using the following script for several weeks now with one to four (4) newpacs mining successfully.
"cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.(my mining pool address):3333 -(user name)  (password) -p x --suggest diff 1 --gekko-newpac-freq 100"

Today I changed "gekko-newpac-freq 100" to "gekko-newpac-freq 150" in the above script.

And I saw no change in frequency..... It stayed at 100.00 MHZ and I waited for it to change for 20 minutes.

Currently I have four (4) successfully mining with the script changed to "gekko-newpac-freq 150" all Four (4) show a frequency of 100 MHZ with 22 plus change Gh/s.

OS is Linux on Rasberry Pi4 driving a Gekkoscience hub.

That was my thought too.  Johnny closed his pool and the thread.

Does the target say 150?

How long did you wait?  The auto tune can take a while.

Target??? the only reference is in my script which I changed to "gekko-newpac-freq 150".
So its been over 18 hours and I'm still mining at 100 Mhz.

Did you ever create a config file in cgminer? If so it could be overriding your scripts command to up the freq.

The only change or thing I've done was with the scrip as mentioned before.

Did you run it direct from your morherboard usb port?

I'm using a Gekkoscience hub as mentioned before.
legendary
Think for yourself

I just don't know where to look from here.

Three people have asked you multiple questions.  You could try answering some of them, maybe.

I've been using the following script for several weeks now with one to four (4) newpacs mining successfully.
"cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.(my mining pool address):3333 -(user name)  (password) -p x --suggest diff 1 --gekko-newpac-freq 100"

Today I changed "gekko-newpac-freq 100" to "gekko-newpac-freq 150" in the above script.

And I saw no change in frequency..... It stayed at 100.00 MHZ and I waited for it to change for 20 minutes.

Currently I have four (4) successfully mining with the script changed to "gekko-newpac-freq 150" all Four (4) show a frequency of 100 MHZ with 22 plus change Gh/s.

I just don't know where to look from here.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Did you run it direct from your morherboard usb port?
Activity: 100
Merit: 6

"cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.(my mining pool address):3333 -(user name)  (password) -p x --suggest diff 1 --gekko-newpac-freq 100"

Did you ever create a config file in cgminer? If so it could be overriding your scripts command to up the freq.

Be careful with cooling them I'm here because I ran my brand new stick at 125 and I'm afraid I may have cooked it. It ran great for hours then the hash rate went down gradually overnight and now it's hashing at 4.669 GH/s according to slush pool. I thought I wouldn't need a fan because my gaming tower has big top and rear intake fans and it seems like the air was moving a lot back there by the usb port but I think I was wrong.

"cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.(my mining pool address):3333 -(user name)  (password) -p x --suggest diff 1 --gekko-newpac-freq 100"

legendary
Think for yourself
That was my thought too.  Johnny closed his pool and the thread.

Does the target say 150?

How long did you wait?  The auto tune can take a while.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
I thought bravo mining pool was closed?

Also we need more info on your setup. What hub, what OS etc etc etc
I've been successfully using from 1 to four gekkoscience newpac miners for a few weeks now.

Today I decided to try my hand at overclocking them.

Using the following type command:
"cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333 -user - password -p x --suggested diff 1 --gekko-newpac-freq 100"

Power cycling did not accomplish anything.

Any suggestions?

TNX
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Thanx! i will try to find a way how to do that, im not so good at what to write to add the furries.

Hope some one can fill me in what to write in the terminal to make it work.

I'm not sure what you mean by "write in the terminal"?

When you compile the CGMiner source code you need to enable support for each type of miner you have.
Sorry, thats right idk how to enable the support for each type of miner.
legendary
Think for yourself
Thanx! i will try to find a way how to do that, im not so good at what to write to add the furries.

I'm not sure what you mean by "write in the terminal"?

When you compile the CGMiner source code you need to enable support for each type of miner you have.
thanx for the tip, but cgminer dont detect them its like there is no support for them in the cg 4.11.1. bfgminer do detect them can i run both cg and bfg at the same time with the same usb hub?
I don't know how it works on a mac, but in linux i would recompile Cgminer and add the option for the furries.
In the Github directory of Cgminer you can find the options to add the furries.
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

in the "ASIC-README" file you can find the options. I don't know anything about furries, so maybe someone else here can fill it in about what you need.

Activity: 88
Merit: 85
thanx for the tip, but cgminer dont detect them its like there is no support for them in the cg 4.11.1. bfgminer do detect them can i run both cg and bfg at the same time with the same usb hub?
I don't know how it works on a mac, but in linux i would recompile Cgminer and add the option for the furries.
In the Github directory of Cgminer you can find the options to add the furries.
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

in the "ASIC-README" file you can find the options. I don't know anything about furries, so maybe someone else here can fill it in about what you need.

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Try running cgminer from a different directory as a separate instance just for the BF sticks?
Ok everything works with the new pac on osx cgminer-4.11.1, but i have searched for a fix how to make cgminer-4.11.1 detect the old RedFury and Bi•Fury but i cant get it to work.

Any one got a fix for this?
Activity: 21
Correct, they are on USB still. I figured it out with the help of someone else.
I ran cmd cgminer -n and saw what it was seeing, they'd moved from 2:3 & 2:5 to 2:22 & 2:27 after I added the second hub
legendary
Think for yourself
CGMiner doesn't use com ports.  It uses the winusb driver.

Doesn't Zadig give the USB device number.  Also I thought there was a CGMiner command line option for that as well?
Pages:
Jump to: