Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 15. (Read 61330 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 116
Why so serious?
Sorry guys I didn't made myself clear I'm trying to get USB gekko Science, not the R606. They are very hard to come by those days for any reasonable price.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Hey guys any idea where I can get few of those with Worldwide shipping? Used to buy them off Amazon, but seems like stock has dried out there.

was it overheating? was the psu having an issue? what were you running it on?
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Hey guys any idea where I can get few of those with Worldwide shipping? Used to buy them off Amazon, but seems like stock has dried out there.

I ordered from asic puppy and eyeboot but neither website has them listed in stock anymore. I don’t think either of my orders placed on the 19th have shipped yet either so maybe they were back ordered there too.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi all im  just asking for any help or confirmation please as i'm at a brickwall now. This my second R606 from eyeboot they replaced first one kept dying on hashing. Second ran for two months then just stopped 0 Chips found usually 6 zombied on any power setting and frequency. Model is 10040350 Yellow board one. Seems pretty much dead tried everything on the forums over 2 months still dead. Any firmware flash possible or are the S9 chips dead. If so anyway to just purchase the board.

Regards
Conrad
Activity: 211
Merit: 116
Why so serious?
Found that my 2012 Mac Pro can run a newpac at 400mhz connected directly to the motherboard but when I push it faster there are more hardware errors. The + for asicboost isn't there on my Mac like it is on the windows machine why is that?

when I use use boot camp and boot the mac as a windows7 pc I get the asic boost and speeds up to 625

sigh... guess I'm gonna have to get used to windows
It purely depends on the power your computer USB can supply.
If the Mac hasn't got enough USB power - then the Mac is to blame.

You could always get a powered USB hub ... like the one sidehack sells Smiley
https://www.419mining.com/shop/cables/gekkoscience-7-port-base-hub/
(I have 2 of them)

I think the bottle neck is the fact that my mac sierra os running cgminer isn't using asicboost so it maxes out at 400. I'm booting the mac pro into windows 7 using boot camp and windows can use asicboost and go over 600. I need to figure out why the asicboost doesn't work on the mac os. I've tried reinstalling cgminer still get the same result.

I have one of the gekko hubs on order from each of the only two resellers that had it in stock to make sure I get one asap for my 6 newpacs
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Found that my 2012 Mac Pro can run a newpac at 400mhz connected directly to the motherboard but when I push it faster there are more hardware errors. The + for asicboost isn't there on my Mac like it is on the windows machine why is that?

when I use use boot camp and boot the mac as a windows7 pc I get the asic boost and speeds up to 625

It purely depends on the power your computer USB can supply.
If the Mac hasn't got enough USB power - then the Mac is to blame.

You could always get a powered USB hub ... like the one sidehack sells Smiley
https://www.419mining.com/shop/cables/gekkoscience-7-port-base-hub/
(I have 2 of them)

Activity: 22
Yepp ihave, no problem. But this thing is new no problem for weeks, but it came now.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

Its trying to set the freq to 275. What setup are you using? What hub? What OS?
Ok, i have Orico 10 Port Aluminium Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub - Black A3H10, one newpac one bi*fury one redfury but cgminer do not detect the old miners so i run them on bfgminer. a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM connected to the hub. OSX High Sierra.
[/quote]

Have you tried running just the newpac on the hub on its own?
Hello... What is this? Mining with a NewPac
                                          GSH 0: missing nonces
 [2021-04-16 20:55:27.766] GSH 0: Toggling ASIC nRST to reset
 [2021-04-16 20:55:30.335] GSH 0: setting frequency to 275.00MHz

Ok, i have Orico 10 Port Aluminium Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub - Black A3H10, one newpac one bi*fury one redfury but cgminer do not detect the old miners so i run them on bfgminer. a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM connected to the hub. OSX High Sierra.

I’m going to run the gekkoscience  8 port hub and power brick with 6 newpacs. Should this system be able to run the newpacs at 650 with proper cooling?

Not sure the brick will be enough juice for that. Also im not sure the barrel jack itself is rated for the amperage
I’m going to run the gekkoscience  8 port hub and power brick with 6 newpacs. Should this system be able to run the newpacs at 650 with proper cooling?
Probably an issue with the hub. What hub is it? Mains powered? What port did you plug the second stick into? Right next to the other stick? Could be the ports share power delivery components. Try plugging them in at opposite ends.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I've recently added a second Newpac to my Sipolar hub.  The original unit would run steady at about 50GH at a frequency of 225.  When I add a second unit to the hub, both units fall to an ASIC plateau of 180, even though the second unit when run alone also runs solid at 225.

Is this potentially an issue with the hub?

Maybe the hub isn't supplying enough power for two.
Activity: 1
Hi,

I've recently added a second Newpac to my Sipolar hub.  The original unit would run steady at about 50GH at a frequency of 225.  When I add a second unit to the hub, both units fall to an ASIC plateau of 180, even though the second unit when run alone also runs solid at 225.

Is this potentially an issue with the hub?

Can I overcome this issue by tweaking voltage up on one or both units?

TIA
So it seems my plucky little R606 is unwell. It stopped around 11:30am (now 6pm) with the error:-

"Gekkoscience detect (1:4) failed to initialise (incorrect device?), resetting"

I have shutdown the Pi4, turned off the R606 power supply (HP server 460w with Gekko Breakout Board) and restarted it twice so far. Turned down the freq to 700m and it starts hashing for a while and getting over 500m quickly. But within 30mins or so the error returns.

Currently while writing this I have switched USB leads and ports on the Pi4 to see if that is the problem.

No lights are flashing to indicate a fault (orange power led on constantly, and white led flashing for shares).

Its been at 800m for months without any issues. There have been no power outages or anything to disturb it today.

Update:-
So it seems it may well have been the port or usb cable that was at fault. It has been running 700m for the past 4 hours with no issues. Just increased it back to 800m. I'll leave it running overnight and see what I wake upto.

Update 2:-
Running at 800m V5 as it was before. Amazing how a cable and/or port can cause issues out the blue.
Pages:
Jump to: